Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #273
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Wednesday, February 4 1998     Volume 03 : Number 273

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 05:08:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2657 accepted

Results of Proposal 2657

18/23 votes: Quorum achieved
15/18 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
else...if            (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
rufus                (SPAM)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Tammany                                 [Malenkai bribed Tammany A$26]
SPAM Unity Vote
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Hoover 2300

    PRESENT:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
breadbox

    ABSTAINED:
K 2
Red Barn
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device
Illusion

> Proposal 2657 - Tue 27 Jan 1998 08:18 EST
> Short Term Memory
> Malenkai (Randy Hall)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> {{[when I was a harfer, shorter term durations made for the harf mailbox to
> not get too full, and little is gained for the long duration here]}}
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Amend rule 404, "Offices, Impeachment", to replace:
> 
> "
> Also, the author of the IP cannot author an IP for a period of 30 days.
> "
> 
> with:
> 
> "
> Also, the author of the IP may not author another IP for the remainder of
> the calendar week.
> "

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 05:11:37 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2658 accepted

Results of Proposal 2658

18/23 votes: Quorum achieved
16/18 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
else...if            (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
rufus                (SPAM)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
Tammany                                 [Malenkai bribed Tammany A$26]
SPAM Unity Vote
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
breadbox
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:
Hoover 2300
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)

    ABSTAINED:
K 2
Red Barn
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device
Illusion

> Proposal 2658 - Tue 27 Jan 1998 08:19 EST
> Paranoid People Have Enemies Too
> Malenkai (Randy Hall)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Amend rule 710, "Criminal Justice", to add the following subsection
> directly after section 5), subsection g)
> 
> "
> h) The IMPEACHMENT of Player X from a single specific office which e
> currently holds.
> "
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Amend rule 404, "Offices, Impeachment", to replace:
> 
> "
> This rule defers precedence to rule 593 where there is a conflict.
> "
> 
> with
> 
> "
> This rule defers precedence to other rules which describe methods for
> impeaching officers.
> "

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 05:15:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2659 accepted

Results of Proposal 2659

18/23 votes: Quorum achieved
13/17 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
else...if            (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Vulcan Unity Vote
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
Slakko               (SPAM)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
rufus                (SPAM)

    PRESENT:
Hoover 2300
breadbox
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)

    ABSTAINED:
K 2
Red Barn
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device
Illusion

> Proposal 2659 - Tue 27 Jan 1998 08:21 EST
> Pressure Over Drips
> Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> Repeal Rule 450, "Experts".
> 
> {{[ It seems to have been some while since this was taken seriously, and it
> doesn't have any relevance to the rest of the Rules, so perhaps we're
> better off without it. I'll leave it to someone else to actally strip
> Experts of their titles... ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 05:20:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2660 accepted

Results of Proposal 2660

17/23 votes: Quorum achieved
10/13 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
else...if            (Klingon)
Slakko               (SPAM)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Boomerangs Unity Vote

    NO:
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
rufus                (SPAM)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:
Hoover 2300
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
breadbox
Fortunato            (SPAM)

    ABSTAINED:
K 2
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
Red Barn
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device
Illusion

> Proposal 2660 - Tue 27 Jan 1998 08:23 EST
> Hats, Eggs and Things
> K 2 (Kelly Kelly)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Amend Sections d) and e) in Rule 431 to read:
> 
> d) The Illuminatus may change the condition associated with any Nemesis
> Eggplant if e believes any of the following :
> i) that it is impossible for a player to achieve that condition in normal
> play
> ii) achieving the condition would prevent the player from winning by
> agenda. [for example, the owner of this hat is undead, The owner of this
> hat also has the Chartreuse Goose.]
> iii) the condition is otherwise unharfy [For example, a condition that
> would be satisfied by spamming the mailing list with 1000's of messages
> would be technically easy to achieve, but a bad idea all around.]
> The condition that the Illuminatus chooses should be easily attainable. It
> should also be silly.
> 
> {{[I think fulfilling your conditions should allow you to win, not prevent
> you from doing so ]}}
> 
> e) For each newly created Nemesis Eggplant an agenda Hat is created in the
> hidden state, which has:
> i) with the same condition.
> ii) a weight equal to the lowest bid on its condition, that was greater
> than the winning bid. If no bid was greater, the hat is assigned the
> winning bid as a weight. Any Agenda Hats with a condition that was chosen
> by the Illuminatus according to d) are Silly Agenda Hats, and instead are
> created with a weight of (Magic Number / 4) rounded up.
> 
> {{[ I believe that this was the original intent ]}}
> 
> Amend section 7) of Rule 620 to read:
> 
> 7) Upon a player who possesses the Goose achieving any of the following
> titles, the Goose is transferred Somewhere Else: Commander of the Blue
> Cross, Officer of the Blue Cross, Sage o'Doe Gas, Agent of KAOS, Angry
> Villager. If the event which granted one of these titles also would have
> established a winning condition had the player not had the Goose, this
> transfer is deemed to have occurred an infinitesimal amount of time after
> that event.
> 
> {{[It seems reasonable, that if a wining condition is thwarted by the
> Goose, that it should at least go somewhere else. Sage o'Doe Gas already
> does this, why not AOK and AV ? ]}}
> 
> {{ K 2 losses 2 points, two star gains 2 points }}
> {{[ two star made the comment about section e ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 05:27:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2662 accepted

Results of Proposal 2662

17/23 votes: Quorum achieved
16/18 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
else...if            (Klingon)
Slakko               (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
breadbox
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
rufus                (SPAM)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Klingon Unity Vote
Boomerangs Unity Vote

    NO:
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:
Hoover 2300

    ABSTAINED:
K 2
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
Red Barn
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device
Illusion

> Proposal 2662 - Tue 27 Jan 1998 12:11 EST
> The Original Annoyance
> breadbox (Brian Raiter)
> 
> {{[Malenkai's Loophole ain't got nothing on *this* one.]}}
> 
> Amend Rule 721 ("Annoyances") by incrementing the [roman] numerals of each
> section by one, and then inserting the following text before section II:
> 
> I. Spam
> 
> Pursuing a game strategy which entails, as one of its effects, causing
> excessive amounts of messages to be sent to the public fora [in the
> judgement of a judge] is Annoying.
> 
> {{[The classic example is submitting thirty proposals all at once at the
> beginning of a cycle, so you can retract them and cause your score to hit
> -60 exactly. In fact, as Elder Wayne once pointed out, a player could
> engineer their score to be just about anything between -59 and 20, if they
> were willing to flood the game with the right number of submissions, solely
> for the purpose of retracting them. ANNOYING.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 05:31:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2663 rejected

Results of Proposal 2663

18/23 votes: Quorum achieved
11/19 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
else...if            (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Hoover 2300
rufus                (SPAM)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Klingon Unity Vote

    NO:
Red Barn
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
breadbox
Fortunato            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
K 2
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device
Illusion

> Proposal 2663 - Tue 27 Jan 1998 13:23 EST
> More bribery
> The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)
> 
> This is a modest proposal.
> 
> Create a new rule entitled "Bribery" and reading as follows:
> 
> "All players who were active on the date this rule was amended or created
> the time before the most recent amendment and did not vote yes to the
> proposal that did so shall loose one point every week at noon on Saturday.
> 
> {{[I believe that this will work. When a proposal creates an effect like
> this it is only the manner that players voted on the proposal creating the
> effect that can't be used to generate scoring effects. Nothing else is
> described. Therefore this should work. I actually think it will be quite
> interesting this way. Possibly more interesting than if the previous
> version had worked.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 06:03:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2688

Proposal 2688
Trinkets and Tokens
Fortunato (Aaron Keesler)

{{ [This changes Trinkets in the fashion that Alfvaen and I mentioned on
acka-research, while creating Tokens for people who want to symbolize
some event without creating a cheap Trinket.  I figured it would be a
good idea to make Tokens as much like Trinkets as possible, and much of
the Trinket rule was snatched for this.  Thanks to Malenkai and Alfvaen
for inspiration] }}

Create a Rule called Tokens, numbered 507, with the following
"-delimited text:

"
i) A class of gift entities known as Tokens exist.  A player may create
a Token by transfering A$1 to the Treasury and announcing the name and
description of the Token as a public action.  The player who created the
Token is the initial owner.

ii) Other rules may also create and bestow ownership of Tokens, so long
as the rule provides for naming and describing the Token.

iii) A player-created Token, whose name contains the name of a current
or former player other than that of the creating player, such that the
player name in question existed before the Token was created, is a
forgery. The rules may define other circumstances under which a Token is
a forgery.  Upon it becoming publically knowable that a Trinket is a
forgery, it is transferred to the Treasury, unless the player name
contained in its name is that of a currently active player, in which
case it is transferred to that player.  For the purposes of this clause,
the Trinket name "contains" a name N, if it contains a word or phrase of
the same length in words as N, that when stripped of any conventional
English morphological changes, matches N as described in rule 348.

iv) Tokens have no power to affect any entities except as specified in
the rules.
"

Amend Rule 506, Trinkets, in the following manner:
Insert the following "-delimited sentence:
"The stated value of the Trinket must be no less than A$50."

after the second sentence of the second paragraph.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 06:05:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2689

Proposal 2689
Ackanomic Stoned Ages
Slagothor (Eric Plumb)

Create a new Rule, with a number in the 1100's which would make it unique,
with the title "Rainy Day Women #12 & #35", and the following text,
delimited by HOW DOES IT FEEL:

HOW DOES IT FEEL
A player shall become Stoned if e states publicly, "Man, I'm stoned."
Other rules may define other ways in which players may become Stoned.

While a player is Stoned, all official correspondence from em must contain
at least one line, sentence, paragraph or phrase of 7 words or more, cited
as required in Rule 210 [Literature] that fulfils one or more of the
following three conditions:

a) It contains one or more instances of some form of the word "stone."
b) It is from a work whose title contains one or more instances of some
form of the word "stone."
c) The artist cited is the Rolling Stones.

A Stoned player is also encouraged, but not required, to misspell words,
slur eir speech, publicly request food (which should be referred to as
"munchies"), and digress onto many irrelevant tangents dealing with
inconsequential trivialities [e.g. "Do you realize that this post -- THIS
POST -- consists of BILLIONS and BILLIONS of electrons?!??!!  Hey, neat, I
sound like Carl Sagan.  Except he's dead..." etc.] in all public postings.

If a player, while Stoned, posts a message which fails to fulfil these
conditions, any other player may call a Stoning on em.  A Stoning is a
Hearing.  It is also a Very Silly Matter.  The valid responses to a
Stoning are "No, I live in a glass house.  Plus I'm not without sin." and
"But e *did* say Jehovah."  

If the verdict is "No, I live in a glass house.  Plus I'm not without
sin." the player upon whom the Stoning was called is no longer Stoned.  In
this case, the player who called the Stoning must publically post an
apology of at least 15 lines to the player against whom the Stoning was
called, and thereafter becomes Square. 

If the verdict is "But e *did* say Jehovah." the player on whom the
Stoning was called becomes Martyred.  E receives a newly created I Got
Stoned For Your Sins And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt, should such an
entity exist, and must post to a public forum a rhyming poem of at least
20 lines in which e describes eir Stoning.  If the Poet Laureate publicly
posts eir approval of this poem, the player who posted the poem gains A$10
in royalties.  If the Poet Laureate publicly denounces the poem as
tasteless or invalid, the player who posted the poem must donate one of
eir trinkets, with a value of at least A$10, to the Museum in apology
for eir desecration of Art.  If e does not own such a trinket, e must
create one and donate it to the Museum.  If e does not have enough
Ackadollars to create one, e is then deemed Useless, with no further
effects.

A player shall no longer be Stoned if any one of the following three
conditions becomes true:

d) Exactly one Acka week has passed since e first became Stoned.
e) E publicly posts a message in which four consecutive paragraphs, of two
or more sentences each, begin, respectively, with the words 'Everybody',
'Must', 'Get', and 'Stoned', exclusive of all quotation marks.
f) E frinks Goldenseal, should such a beverage exist.

Other rules may define other ways in which players may cease being Stoned.

There exist non-unique, ownable, nontradeable garments each known as an   
I Got Stoned For Your Sins And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt (hereafter
T-Shirt).  Any player wearing such a T-Shirt can never have a Stoning
called against them, and may ignore all effects of being Stoned if they
so choose.
HOW DOES IT FEEL

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 06:07:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2690

Proposal 2690
Promote the noble decision
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

This is a modest proposal.

Modify rule 330 by replacing the second paragraph with the following:

"A player may retract his own CFJ as a public action. This action will fail
if a verdict on the CFJ has already been delivered. The player retracting
the CFJ does not lose any points unless the CFJ was a paradox win CFJ in
which case e loses 3 points."

{{[ This eliminates penalties for retracting CFJs. I don't see the point to
them to be honest with you. When there are two similar CFJs it is much
better if one of them is retracted. The current rules discourage this, by
penalising the retractor. In the case of PWCFJs, the retractor has
something to lose if e *doesn't* retract (i.e. e gets the goose). Therefore
I feel a slightly harsher penalty would be useful.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 06:08:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2691

Proposal 2691
The Newest Org Order
else...if (Henry Towsner)

{{[This one should work.  The transition is smoother, and the fate
of Secret Labs will be determined by a hearing afterwords.
	This is my proposal for a system to replace orgs.  This comment is
both an explanation of the system, and a response to major criticisms.
This eliminates old style Organizations.  They are replaced with three
structures: Churches, which are almost identical to old Churches,
Corporations, which are like an org with a trade license, and Political
Parties.  A Political Party is virtually identical to an old Political
Party.  It can't own things, but otherwise the differences are just moving
things around, and no more Powers.  A Church is the same, except that I
adjusted the way Cults are phrased.  No practical differences.
Corporations are basically like an org, being able to own things and trade
them, but they have proportional membership.  Instead of either being a
member or not being, a player owns shares.  It requires 50% of the shares
to support certain actions, 80% for others (mostly things which give away
properties, to prevent ownign 50% from being enough to rob the corp.)
Also, they pay a small tax on many transactions.  (To Vynd and others: I
eliminated Bonus Votes for Corps.)

	I am aware that this de-modularizes the org system.  I feel that
this allows us to create structures which are more flexible.  For example,
Churches had almost nothing in common with other orgs, but were grouped in
with them anyway.  Orgs which didn't own a trade license and were'nt
political parties could do almost nothing, and are handled informally under
this system.  Orgs with trade licenses are spun off into a structure I
consider more interesting, and which I feel is more flexible without
containing any (obvious) pitfalls.  This leaves only Political Parties, and
there is no reason to create a multi-tiered structure when a single-tiered
one will do.  I hope that you will agree with me and support this proposal.
]}}

	{{Replace all instances of the word "rule-sanctioned organizations"
in the rules with "organization" except in rule 1003}}
	Create a Rule numbered 1001 and entitled Organizations reading:
"
Organizations are unownable, named entities.

No player may become a member of an Organization without first expressing
their consent to joining it. A player may leave an Organization of which he
or she is a member at any time.

When an Organization is called on to vote, it has 7 days to conduct and
publically report the results of the vote, and how each member voted,
unless the rules call for a different amount of time. If everyone who is
eligible to cast a vote in a given has done so, the results may be
announced before the voting period ends. For the purposes of this rule, the
composition of an Organization is taken to be its composition at the end of
any voting or decision period. Acting members are considered to be members
in place of the members they are acting for. "

Create a rule numbered 1002 and entitled Corporations, delimited by BIG
BIG
a) Corporations are named, unownable entities.  Corporations may own only
tradeable and gift items.

b) Any Player may form a new Corporation by announcing its name publicly
and paying the standard Harfer Fee. (Its name must be a legal name.) When
this happens the player recieves 100 shares in the new Corporation, and the
Corporation will have a null charter.

c) Corporations may only perform actions as specified in the rules.  There
are two types of Corporate actions, privilaged and normal.  A Corporation,
as an action may offer, accept, or refuse the transfer of any entity.  As
an action it may give gift items to any entity capable of recieving them.
As an action it may use any Corporate Equipment it owns.  As an action it
may express approval for a suggestion or make suggestion to any Corporation
it owns at least one share in.  As an action it may change its name to
another legal name if it owns at least the standard harfer fee.  As an
action it may declare bankruptcy or change its charter.  All of these are
normal actions except for offering or giving entities, changing its
charter, and declaring bankruptcy, which are all privileged.  When a
Corporation changes its name it pays the Standard Harfer Fee.

d) Any time a Corporation gives or recieves a gift item with a value in A$
specified in the rules, it pays a tax to the treasury of 1% in A$ of the
value of the transfer, rounded up.  As long as a Corporation has a negative
amount of money, it may not perform any action which would require it to
pay a tax except for recieving A$.  Corporations pay a fee of A$1/per share
for each share the give or recieve in a Corporation other than themself.
Each Corporation is taxed at the end of each cycle as if were a player.

e) In order for a Corporation to perform an action, it must be suggested by
a player as a public action.  Players support the action by publicly
announcing their support, and specifying exactly what suggestion they're
supporting.  A normal action occurs when players and Corporations owning
more than half of the shares not owned by the Treasury or by itself support
the action, a privilaged action when 80% support it.  A player may proxy
their support to a Corporation, in which case when a suggestion is made
they will automatically support it without needing to post a message.

f) When a Corporation declares bankruptcy or is otherwise destroyed, its
properties are distributed as specified in the charter.  Properties given
away in accordance to the charter are not taxed.  Any properties not
accounted for in the charter are given to the Treasury.  If the corporation
has a null charter when it is destoryed, than all its properties are given
to the treasury.

g) Every Corporation has a charter.  The charter describes how an
Corporation's properties are to be distributed in the event that the
Corporation ceases to be for any reason.  It can do nothing else.
BIG

Create a rule  numbered 1009 and entitled Shares, delimited by BUSINESS
BUSINESS
Shares are nameless, tradeable entities which may only be created as
specified in the rules.  Shares must be associated with exactly one
Corporation.  A Corporation may never own more than 20% of the shares in a
corporation other than itself.  {{[Yes, it's still possible to set up a
network of Corporations such that none of them can do anything, but not by
accident.  If you do it, you get what you deserve.]}}
BUSINESS

Create a rule  numbered 1010 and entitled Corporate Equipment, delimited by
AWORD
AWORD
Corporate Equipment are nameless, tradeable entities.  They may only be
created as specified in the rules. [However a specific piece of equipment
may specify that it cannot be traded.]
Where the rules say that an Corporation may buy a Equipment of a certain type,
what is meant is that the Corporation may, as an action, contribute an
amount of currency to the Treasury in exchange for a new Equipment of the type
specified, which is then created in that Corporation possession.
AWORD

Create a rule numbered 1021 and entitled Political Parties reading as folows:
"Political Parties are unownable, named entities.  Any Player may form a
new Political Party by announcing its name publicly and paying six times
the standard Harfer Fee. (Its name must be a legal name.) When this
happens, that Player becomes its only member.

A political party may not own anything.  [You can always create a
corrosponding Corporation to own things if need be.] No player may be a
member of more than one political party, and any action they attempt which
would cause this to be the case automatically fails.

A political party is disbanded if it ever has no members.  A player
requests membership in a political party as a public action.  The Political
Party may admit that player as a public action.  A political party can
eject any player as a public action, which the player being ejected may not
denounce.  A player may leave a Political Party at any time as a public
action.  They may not be prevented from leaving a Party, nor may they be
caused to join a Political Party unless they request entrance.

An Political Party can attempt actions.  First, some member of the
Political Party sends a public message suggesting an action for the
Political Party to take. The suggestion must include the name of the
Political Party for which it is being suggested. The other members of the
Political Party may then approve of the suggestion or denounce it. If any
member denounces the suggestion, it is voided.

If, after a suggestion is made, all non-vacationing, non-gaoled members of
the Political Party approve it within seven days,and no member denounces
it, then the Political Party attempts the action as suggested. The time of
this attempt is the time of the last approval.

If seven days pass after a suggestion is made, then the Political Party
shall make the attempt, as suggested, if and only if no member of that
Political Party denounced the suggestion, and at least two thirds of the
Political Party members approved it within the seven-day period.

A member of an Political Party may proxy their approval to that Political
Party. A player whose approval is proxied to an Political Party may
renounce their proxy to that Political Party. Whenever an action is
suggested by a member of that Political Party, all members of that
Political Party whose approval is proxied automatically approve of the
action at the time it is suggested.

At the end of a proposal's voting period, but before votes on that proposal
are counted, if every active non-vacationing player member of a given
Political Party voted the same way on that proposal, and no member of the
Party is also a member of some other Party, then the Political Party itself
shall cast an additional vote of that type on that proposal for every three
active non-vacationing player members it has.

A Political Party may change its name as an action by specifying a new
legal name and paying the standard harfer fee.  It may not perform this
action if it does not own at least the standard harfer fee.

Party membership and how players voted are determined based on the facts in
force at the end of the voting period for each proposal."

Replace section 1 of rule 1301 with this: "Churches are unownable, named
entities.  Churches may own gift entities and land, but nothing else."

Remove sections 8, 9 and 10 of rule 1301.

Add the folowing to the end of rule 1301: "

8a. If a Church ever has no Priests (counting the Founder as a priest), or
(Heaven Forbid!) fewer than zero Priests, or fewer than four members, then
it becomes a Cult.

8b. A Cult is a type of Church.

8c. A Cult, unlike other Churches, may not give or recieve any entities,
although it continues to own those it did before it was a Cult.

8d. Any Priest who leaves a Church or Cult cease to a Priest of that Church
or Cult. A Priest who is no longer a Priest of any Church ceases to be a
Priest.

8e. A player who joins a Cult and was previously a Priest or a Founder of
the Church that was transformed into that Cult, becomes a Priest of that
Cult.

8f. If a Cult has at least four members, at least one of which is a Priest
of that Cult, it ceases to be a Cult.

9. A Church may change its name as an action by specifying a new legal name
and paying the standard harfer fee.  It may not perform this action if it
does not own at least the standard harfer fee."

Create a new rule  numbered 433 and entitled "Organization Harfer" reading
as follows:
"
The Office Organization Harfer is a Functional Office.

The Duties of the Organization Harfer are:

a) To maintain an accurate record of what Churches, and Political Parties
exist, and who their members are, if applicable.

b) To maintain an accurate record of charters, dogma, and suggested actions
for which a final decision has not been reached.

The Privileges of the Organization Harfer are:

a) To receive the usual salary for a Functional Officer.
"

Create a rule numbered 1025, reading as delimited by ROUNDABOUT:
ROUNDABOUT
	Secret Lab Vouchers are non-tradeable, nameless entities.  They may
only be created as specified by this rule.
	When this rule is created, a hearing will be called with else...if
as Hearing Harfer.  The legal responses will be "Build up an ivory tower,
gadgets are for scientists only" and "Down with change!"  If the result is
the former, any entity owning a Secret Lab Voucher will be given A$500 from
the treasury and rule 1026 will be repealed.  If the result is the latter,
then a Secret Lab will be created in the posession of each entity owning a
Secret Lab Voucher, and rule 1026 will be renumbered to rule 1013.
Regardless of the result, after it is returned and the preceding
instructions are carried out, all Secret Lab Vouchers will be destroyed,
and this rule will repeal itself.
ROUNDABOUT

Create a rule numbered 1026 and named "Secret Labs", reading as delimited
by ENOUGHALREADY
ENOUGHALREADY
A Secret Laboratory is a type of Corporate Equipment. A Corporation may buy
a Secret Laboratory for A$ 1000.

An Corporation may, as an action, use any Secret Laboratory it owns to
build a Gadget from any existing Qualified Blueprint. This new Gadget is
created in the Corporation possession three days after this action is
announced. Each Secret Laboratory may be used to build a gadget at most
once each calendar month.

[Secret Laboratories are said to be buried deep underground.]
ENOUGHALREADY

{{For each organization currently in existance, perform the following
steps.  The steps shouls be followed for each organization starting with
the first one alphabetically, and proceeding in alphabetical order.  If any
step below transfers a property to an entity which may not own it, than the
property is transferred to the treasury if that is legal, or destroyed
otherwise; this sentence takes precedence over the steps below.
	1) If it is a Church, destroy any organizational powers it owns,
then transfer all properties to the founder, or to the senior priest if the
founder is not a member of the Church.  Ignore the rest of the steps.
	2) Destroy anything whose name is the same as the name of the
organization with either " Party" or " Inc." appended.
	3) If it owns a big tent, create a new political party with the
same name but with " Party" appended, make all players who were members of
the old organization members of the new one.  The swinger for the
organization becomes the swinger for the created Political Party.  All
properties of the swinger office for the organization, such as Party Chess
Pieces, and anything else owned by the organization's swinger position, are
transfered to the Political Party's swinger office.
	4) If it owns a big tent but not a trade license, transfer
everything owned by it to the party swinger.  [Who is expected to
distribute among the members fairly.]  Then destroy the big tent and the
organization.
	5) Destroy any big tents it owns.
	6) If it owns a trade license, create a Corporation with the same
name except with " Inc." appended.  Transfer everything owned by the
organization to the Corporation.  The Corporation will recieve 100-x shares
in itself, where x is the largest number smaller than 100 which is evenly
divisible by the number of members of the organization.  Each member of the
organization will recieve x divided by the number of members shares in the
corporation.  Destroy the trade license and the organization.
	7) Otherwise transfer everything the organization owns to the
member who has been a member the longest
	8) Destroy the organization.}}

{{Give any entity which owns a Secret Lab a Secret Lab Voucher.  Destroy
all Secret Labs.  Destroy all trade licenses.  Give any entity which owns a
More Than Human A$100.  Destroy all More Than Humans.}}

{{Repeal rules 1003, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008, 1009, 1011, 1013, and 1015.}}
{{[The rest just replaces occurances of the word organization throughout
the rules with a more appropriate term.]}}

Amend the last paragraph of 373 to read as follows: "If the rules specify
that a certain course of play is available to a player or other entity, but
do not specify how that course of play is to be taken, then that course of
play is a public action, and it is taken as described above."

Amend section VI of rule 505 to read as follows: "The Total Wealth of a
Player, Undead, Church, or Corporation is defined as the sum of the total
number of A$ it possesses plus the combined values of all trinkets and
Majiks in its possession. "

Amend the first paragraph of rule 510 to read as follows: "No Player,
Undead, Church, or Corporation may use more A$'s to buy, trade, give or in
any way move out of his account, than there are in his/her account at that
moment in time. In other words, a player may never voluntarily go into
debt, but it is possible that a player may go into debt involuntarily."

Amend the second to last paragraph of rule 515 to read as follows: "A
Player, Church, or Corporation who owns a gift entity may transfer that
entity to another Player, Church, or Corporation as a public action"

Replace the word organization in the rules 517 and 666 with Corporation.

Replace the word organization in rule 710 with "Church or Political Party"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 12:38:08 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Stefanski)
Subject: Votes on proposals...

On Proposal 2664, I vote PRESENT.

On Proposal 2665, I vote YES.

On Proposal 2667, I vote YES.

On Proposal 2668, I vote YES.

On Proposal 2670, I vote YES.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 21:30:02 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2664 accepted

Results of Proposal 2664

20/24 votes: Quorum achieved
18/21 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Hoover 2300
rufus                (SPAM)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
K 2
Vulcan Unity Vote
Boomerangs Unity Vote

    NO:
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
breadbox

    PRESENT:
Illusion                                [Illusion is no longer pending]

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2664 - Wed 28 Jan 1998 16:59 EST
> FM tweak
> Vynd (John McCoy)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Amend Rule 594 by replacing "initially created by a Proposal." in section
> i) with:
> 
> part of the initial Ruleset, or initially created by a Proposal.
> 
> {{[This should cut down on the number of rejections dramatically, without
> increasing the possibility of scams]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 21:34:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2665 accepted

Results of Proposal 2665

20/24 votes: Quorum achieved
13/13 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Hoover 2300
rufus                (SPAM)
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Fortunato            (SPAM)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
else...if            (Klingon)
K 2
Illusion

    NO:

    PRESENT:
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
breadbox
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2665 - Wed 28 Jan 1998 17:00 EST
> My favorite first Rule I created needs fixing
> Vynd (John McCoy)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Amend Rule 1320 by deleting ", or the player who would win is for some
> reason ineligible to win the cycle," from the third sentence of the third
> paragraph. Then add the following text immediately after the first
> occurance of the phrase "The Round Earth Restoration Society" in the third
> paragraph:
> 
> that is both eligible to and capable of winning the Cycle

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #273
*********************************