Subject: acka-voting-digest V3 #272
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Tuesday, February 3 1998      Volume 03 : Number 272

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 05:58:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2656 rejected

Results of Proposal 2656

19/23 votes: Quorum achieved
9/19 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
Alfvaen              (MetaMorph)
/dev/joe             (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi            (Klingon)
Calvin N Hobbes      (Harf)
Balsamic Dragon      (SPAM)
Hoover 2300
rufus                (SPAM)
Bill the pirate king (Boomerangs)
Fortunato            (SPAM)

    NO:
breadbox
Malenkai             (Vulcan)
K 2
Vynd                 (Vulcan)
Slakko               (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer   (Klingon)
Slagothor            (Boomerangs)
Goldenmean           (Boomerangs)
else...if            (Klingon)
ThinMan              (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Niccolo Flychuck     (MetaMorph)
two-star             (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo             (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
Michael Wren

    PENDING:
Device

> Proposal 2656 - Mon 26 Jan 1998 20:28 EST
> The crime that dares not breath its name
> else...if (Henry Towsner)
> 
> Amend the last sentence of the fourth random possibility of rule 836 to
> read "Ignoring the laws of nature is the Crime of Abbomination."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 05:59:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2686

Proposal 2686
Harf The Mail!
Calvin N Hobbes (Thierry Joffrain)

{{Renumber to 1136}}

{{[This is more than just a way of getting points, it does a number of
things. First, it is a harfy game, and I can imagine a number of cunning
traps a player might set up. Second, it encourages players to pay attention
to the posts of others. Third, it assures those players whose scores are
always high that their posts are likely to be read carefully, which one
would presume is a good thing. Fourth, it will likely reveal some
interesting linguistic traits of Ackanomic and its players]}}

The President will keep the List-of-Harf. When a President is elected, all
players, excluding the President, may send a private message to the
President with two things. The name of a player, who is neither themselves
or the President, called their target, and a word with at least 7 letters,
called the target word. This target and associated target word will be
recorded under that player's entry in a new List-of-Harf by the President.

After having sent their entry to the President, if a player sees a message
from their target that contains the associated target word, then they can
send a public message claiming this to be the case. They must state the
message's title and when that message was posted, and say "The Harf is back
and I want a winter cap."

The President must then check that the player's claim is correct. There are
3 possible replies. If true and that target word was listed only once in the
List-of-Harf, the President must say "Indeed the Harf is back, here is your
cap!" Otherwise, if true but the target word appears on the List-of-Harf
more than once, by saying: "It was Blue, take a straw hat!" And if it is
false: "Orange devil, wear sandals!"

In all cases, the player's entry is then removed from the current
List-of-Harf. If the President replied "Indeed the Harf is back, here is
your cap!" then that player will gain half of the points (rounded down) of
their target's score, when that target said the claimed target word.

Just before the President's term of office ends, the current List-of-Harf is
destroyed.

{{[Harf! Harf! Harf!]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 06:01:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2687

Proposal 2687
What Seemed Like The Twinkling of An Eye
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

{{[ With the possibility of Nemesis Eggplant fines, the fortnightly
dividend thing may not be quite fair, but I think there's a better way
of doing it... ]}}

Amend Rule 666, "End of Cycle", as follows:

Delete sections g) and i), relettering the other sections accordingly.

Amend Rule 508, "Fortnightly Dividends", as follows:

After the first sentence insert the following: "The Virtual Fortnight
shall be either the last two weeks, or the period since the beginning
of the most recent cycle, whichever is shortest."  Replace "the last
fortnight" with "the Virtual Fortnight" in the next sentence.

{{[ There, now the Fortnightly Dividends won't penalize those who
happened to get the wrong Nemesis Eggplants, since they've already
paid their penalties. ]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V3 #272
*********************************