Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #247
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Wednesday, January 7 1998     Volume 02 : Number 247

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 22:37:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2578

Proposal 2578
No Free Rides for Batman Either
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 705, "The Caped Crusader" to replace:
 
"
It is also a privilege of the Caped Crusader that he
does not pay the normal fee for filing a CFCJ,
"

with:

"
It is also a privilege of the Caped Crusader that he
receives a refund of the normal CFCJ filing fee upon
a TRUE verdict being returned on that CFCJ,
"
{{[I don't care about TRUE->appeal->FALSE; rare on
CFCJs and too much to track]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 04:09:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2579

Proposal 2579
A Quick Malenkai Buster
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{Any player who owns more FairPlay Awards than there are games from the
Games & Contests Suite currently running has committed the crime of
Abusing A Thoughtful Proposal.}}

{{If any player owns more than 10 FairPlay Awards, all of eir FairPlay
Awards are destroyed.}}

{{The author of this proposal loses 5 points.}}

{{[I don't deserve any points for this fix.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 04:14:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2580

Proposal 2580
Quorum Corner Case Fix.
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.
Amend Rule 107 by replacing the text "results are posted" with the text
"voting period for that proposal expires".
{{Slakko loses 3 points, breadbox gains 3 points.}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 04:15:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2581

Proposal 2581
look a gift horse in the mouth
rufus (David Scheidt)

This is a modest proposal.

Ammend rule 515 to replace the penultimate paragraph to have the following
GALVAYNES GROOVE delimited text:

GALVAYNES GROOVE
A Player or organization who owns a gift entity may transfer that entity
to another Player or
organization as a public action.  The Player or orginization that is the
recipient of the gift entity may decline the gift as a public action.  
GALVAYNES GROOVE

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 04:57:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2582

Proposal 2582
GEEZ! (Or, I know where I'm gonna be next Tuesday)
breadbox (Brian Raiter)

This is a Modest Proposal.

    Amend rule 406 ("Promoter") by inserting the following text after
    section d):

The Privileges of the Promoter are:

a) To frob or tweak the proposal queue, as a public action. The
proposal queue remains in whichever state (frobbed or tweaked) it was
last set to.

b) To ignore any proposal submission by a player who already has three
or more proposals that are currently being voted on (i.e., in the
voting queue). This Privilege may only be exercised when the voting
queue is frobbed. [Furthermore, the Promoter shall only use this power
for good, and never for evil.]

{{The proposal queue is tweaked. breadbox's score is reduced by 2
points. Malenkai's score is increased by 2 points.}}

    {{[Sorry to bring this up again, folks, but I need to be able to
    hit the panic button if things get out of hand. I agree that this
    is really more power than one player ought to have, but we put a
    lot of trust in the Promoter and/or Tabulator as it is - both
    offices are already ripe for abuse in the wrong hands. Anyway,
    this isn't a plea for help - not yet, anyway - so I promise not to
    be upset if it gets voted down again. Vote your conscience.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:11:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2583

Proposal 2583
Organizational Name Change
ThinMan (John Bollinger)

This is a modest proposal.

{{[ This proposal permits [player-sanctioned] organizations to change their
names.  It takes into account the "Harfer Foo" proposal currently in the
queue.
]}}

Renumber rule 1007 (Organizational Powers) to 1008.

Create a new rule, numbered 1007, entitled "Organizational Name Change",
with the following quotation-mark-delimited text:
"
Any player-sanctioned organization is permitted to change its name as an
organizational action.  The desired new name of the organization is
necessary to fully specify this action.  An attempt to perform this action
fails if, at the time of the attempt, (1) the organization does not own at
least A$ 25, or (2) it is not legal for the organization to have the
specified new name.  If the attempt succeeds then A$ 25 are transferred from
the organization to the treasury.
"

If P2557 was accepted, then amend rule 1007 in the following ways:

(1) by replacing the text "at least A$ 25" with the text "at least the
standard Harfer Fee"

(2) by replacing the last sentence with "If the attempt succeeds then the
Organization shall pay the standard Harfer Fee."

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #247
*********************************