Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #243
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Saturday, January 3 1998      Volume 02 : Number 243

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 02:57:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2559

Proposal 2559
Hanging On A String
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 1301, "Church", as follows:

Replace the current text of Section 8.b.

{{[
   b. The Cult has the same name as the Church and retains ownership of
   all the assets and entities of the Church, however it is impermissible
   for the Cult to trade, to use any Organizational Powers, and it is not
   eligible for a Seat in the Synod. This takes precedence over R1003.
]}}   

with the following(delimited by ETXE):

ETXE
   b. The Cult has the same name as the Church and retains ownership of
   all the assets and entities of the Church; however, it is impermissible
   for the Cult to trade or to use any Organizational Powers.  This takes
   precedence over R1003.
ETXE

{{[ Yeah, it just takes out the Synod bit and repunctuates it correctly.
Maybe this isn't even Modest, but at least I didn't make it Short...:-)
]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 08:14:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2560

Proposal 2560
Down the river2
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

{{[Same as the first one except for sections 4 and 5]}}

Create a new rule numbered 836 entitled, "Down the river" reading as
follows:

"
There exists a unique non-tradable entity known as the Great Raft of
Ackanomic. {{Initially it is Somewhere Else.}} Every other Saturday
{{starting on the first Saturday after this rule is created }} it is
transferred to a random active player. 

There exists a unique non-tradable entity known as the Great Oars of
Ackanomic. {{Initially it is Somewhere Else.}} Every other Saturday
{{starting on the second Saturday after this rule is created }} it is
transferred to a random active player.

A white water rafting team (hereafter "team") must consist of exactly four
players, all of whom must have expressed their consent to be a member of
the team in a public forum.

If any valid white water rafting team expresses a wish to attempt to go
white water rafting on the Ackanomian River (this is done by any member of
the team expressing the wish) and both the Great Raft of Ackanomic and the
Great Oars of Ackanomic are owned by members of the team then the attempt
goes ahead. Otherwise the attempt fails.

If the attempt goes ahead then one of the following occurs at random:

1) The members of the team have polluted the river and are judged to have
broken conservation laws. They are all place in gaol for one day.

2) The team gets lost in the Wilds of Ackanomia. It takes them a week to
find there way home during which time they may not enter any other
locations or make another attempt at white water rafting down the
Ackanomian River.

3) The team gets part way down the river and then capsizes. They all make
it back to the shore but not without loss. Each member of the team loses a
random gadget. If any member of the team owns no gadgets, e loses two
random trinkets. If e owns no gadgets and fewer than two trinkets e loses
all the trinkets e owns. For the purposes of this rule lost trinkets and
gadgets are considered to have been destroyed.

4) The team gets part way down the river and then capsize. All members of
the team bang their heads on the bottom of the river, suffer a concussion
and are unable to remember who they are for a week. During this week every
member of the team must start every public message e writes with the word
"Moo!" and end every public message e writes with the words "Quack, quack?"
If e fails to do so e is declared to have "Ignored the laws of nature".
Ignoring the laws of nature is a crime.

5) The team successfully white water rafts down the Ackanomian River and
enters a cave at the end. In this cave each member of the team receives one
random Boon of the Ancients. All members of the team are given the title of
"Daring Adventurer" and keep the title until another teams succeeds in
white water rafting down the Ackanomian River. All members of the team also
gain 7 points.

Any player can make only one attempt per calendar week at white water
rafting down the Ackanomian River.
"

Modify section 7b) of rule 835 so that instead of reading:

"
This section, including anything in this rule whose section number begins
with 7, takes precedence over all rules regarding land, buildings or
transportation. 
"

it reads:

"
This section, including anything in this rule whose section number begins
with 7, takes precedence over all rules regarding land, buildings or
transportation except for rule 836, to which it defers.
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #243
*********************************