Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #242
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest       Friday, January 2 1998       Volume 02 : Number 242

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 00:50:32 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2555

Proposal 2555
Neural Processing Units are Interrupt Driven
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[its much less work (for me anyway) to deal with interrupts rather than
sent up a mental crontab. This proposal will make the necessary adjustments
to the new batman rule to make my life easier. It also brings 28 days to 30
days, one of our standard times. As this proposal means less work, with no
change of functionality, please vote yes :-)

This is why I could never be registrar ;-)
]}}

- -------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 705, "The Caped Crusader", to replace:

"
If a four week period passes in which the current Caped Crusader has not
filed at least one CFCJ, then he is immediately removed from office. If 7
consecutive CFCJs are filed by players other than the Caped Crusader or the
Boy Wonder, the Caped Crusader is immediately removed from office.
"

with:

"
If 30 days pass without the current Caped Crusader submitting at least one
CFCJ, e is removed from office upon any player pointing this fact out. If 7
consecutive CFCJs are filed by players other than the Caped Crusader or the
Boy Wonder, the Caped Crusader is removed from office upon any player
pointing this fact out.
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 00:51:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2556

Proposal 2556
Harfer Fee
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[things like names changes can be a real hassle for officers. Prolly most
officers use real or mental indexes on player names. Also, things like
CFCJs, org creation, etc., can be abused to the hilt. The first org fee
proposal was a technical failure, but, IMO, conceptually a good idea.

The idea is to throw a modest harfer fee in front of things that are a real
pain in the @$$ or things where legitimate use and abuse can easily be
distinguished by quantity. This is already done for CFCJs. I purposely
define one fee and reuse it for standardization purposes; this makes it
easier to remember.

While it can be legitimately argued that this will create slightly more
work for the financier, it may actually reduce work in terms of reducing
frivolous game actions.
]}}

- --------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 505, "Treasury and AckaDollars" to add the following text at the
end:

"
{{Harfer Fee, if it exists, is destroyed, unless e is a player, in which
case e is expelled from the game; this sentence has precedence over all
rules.}}

VII. Harfer Fee

The standard Harfer Fee is A$25. Whenever the rules direct a Harfer Fee to
be paid, it is paid to the Treasury.
"

- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 251, "Player Names", to replace

". The Registrar shall record the change."

with

", at which time the player in question shall pay the standard Harfer Fee."

{{[the business about the registrar recording the change is redundant with
the previous sentence in the current rule. This rule needs some other
patches, but that is for another proposal]}}

- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 710, "Criminal Justice", to replace:

"
1) A "court fee" of A$20 will be paid by the player making the CFCJ, to the
Treasury.
"

with:

"
1) The player submitting the CFCJ shall pay the standard Harfer Fee.
"

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 1003, "Organizations", to replace:

"
Any Player may form a new Organization by announcing its name publicly
"

with:

"
Any Player may form a new Organization by announcing its name publicly and
paying the standard Harfer Fee
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 00:51:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2557

Proposal 2557
Harfer Foo
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[
This is the same as 'Harfer Fee', except that it will work. (I actually
think that one will work too, but one could argue that it will not, so it
will be retracted. Sorry :)
]}}

{{[
things like names changes can be a real hassle for officers. Prolly most
officers use real or mental indexes on player names. Also, things like
CFCJs, org creation, etc., can be abused to the hilt. The first org fee
proposal was a technical failure, but, IMO, conceptually a good idea.

The idea is to throw a modest harfer fee in front of things that are a real
pain in the @$$ or things where legitimate use and abuse can easily be
distinguished by quantity. This is already done for CFCJs. I purposely
define one fee and reuse it for standardization purposes; this makes it
easier to remember.

While it can be legitimately argued that this will create slightly more
work for the financier, it may actually reduce work in terms of reducing
frivolous game actions.
]}}

- --------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 505, "Treasury and AckaDollars" to add the following text at the
end:

"
{{Harfer Fee, if it exists, is destroyed, unless e is a player, in which
case e is expelled from the game; this sentence has precedence over all
rules.}}

VII. Harfer Fee

The standard Harfer Fee is A$25. Whenever the rules direct a Harfer Fee to
be paid, it is paid to the Treasury.
"

- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 251, "Player Names", to replace

". The Registrar shall record the change."

with

", at which time the player in question shall pay the standard Harfer Fee."

{{[the business about the registrar recording the change is redundant with
the previous sentence in the current rule. This rule needs some other
patches, but that is for another proposal]}}

- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 710, "Criminal Justice", to replace:

"
1) A "court fee" of A$20 will be paid by the player making the CFCJ, to the
Treasury.
"

with:

"
1) The player submitting the CFCJ shall pay the standard Harfer Fee.
"

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 1003, "Organizations", to replace:

"
Any Player may form a new Organization by announcing its name publicly
"

with:

"
Any Player may form a new Organization by announcing its name publicly and
paying the standard Harfer Fee
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 18:23:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2558

Proposal 2558
Down the river
The Gingham Wearer (Tom Walmsley)

Create a new rule numbered 836 entitled, "Down the river" reading as
follows:

"
There exists a unique non-tradable entity known as the Great Raft of
Ackanomic. {{Initially it is Somewhere Else.}} Every other Saturday
{{starting on the first Saturday after this rule is created }} it is
transferred to a random active player. 

There exists a unique non-tradable entity known as the Great Oars of
Ackanomic. {{Initially it is Somewhere Else.}} Every other Saturday
{{starting on the second Saturday after this rule is created }} it is
transferred to a random active player.

A white water rafting team (hereafter "team") must consist of exactly four
players, all of whom must have expressed their consent to be a member of
the team in a public forum.

If any valid white water rafting team expresses a wish to attempt to go
white water rafting on the Ackanomian River (this is done by any member of
the team expressing the wish) and both the Great Raft of Ackanomic and the
Great Oars of Ackanomic are owned by members of the team then the attempt
goes ahead. Otherwise the attempt fails.

If the attempt goes ahead then one of the following occurs at random:

1) The members of the team have polluted the river and are judged to have
broken conservation laws. They are all place in gaol for one day.

2) The team gets lost in the Wilds of Ackanomia. It takes them a week to
find there way home during which time they may not enter any other
locations or make another attempt at white water rafting down the
Ackanomian River.

3) The team gets part way down the river and then capsizes. They all make
it back to the shore but not without loss. Each member of the team loses a
random gadget. If any member of the team owns no gadgets, e loses two
random trinkets. If e owns no gadgets and fewer than two trinkets e loses
all the trinkets e owns. For the purposes of this rule lost trinkets and
gadgets are considered to have been destroyed.

4) The team gets part way down the river and then capsize. Two members of
the team (picked at random) bang their heads on the bottom of the river,
suffer a concussion and are unable to remember who they are for a week.
Each of these players believes that e is the other player. For one week
each of these players controls all the actions of the other, and have no
control over what e eirself does.

5) The team successfully white water rafts down the Ackanomian River and
enters a cave at the end. In this cave each member of the team finds one
random gadget. All members of the team are given the title of "Daring
Adventurer" and keep the title until another teams succeeds in white water
rafting down the Ackanomian River. All members of the team also gain 7
points.

Any player can make only one attempt per calendar week at white water
rafting down the Ackanomian River.
"

Modify section 7b) of rule 835 so that instead of reading:

"
This section, including anything in this rule whose section number begins
with 7, takes precedence over all rules regarding land, buildings or
transportation. 
"

it reads:

"
This section, including anything in this rule whose section number begins
with 7, takes precedence over all rules regarding land, buildings or
transportation except for rule 836, to which it defers.
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #242
*********************************