Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #228
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Monday, December 15 1997      Volume 02 : Number 228

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:16:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2525

Proposal 2525
Rule 2000 Problem
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal rule 2000, "Death to Immutability".

{{[this will remove one more page the rule-harfer has to deal
with, and the rule doesn't do anything, as far as I can see,
and continue the glacially slow effort to remove useless rules
from the game.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:16:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2526

Proposal 2526
Only The Good Die Young
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ If I had wanted to change something in the SoCRD, I wouldn't have
been able to do so.  I think that, in general, this could be a Bad
Thing if the problem is just the result of a typo... ]}}

Amend Rule 362, "Crisis Resolution", as follows:

Append to Section 2)b) the following text "The President may retract
a State of Crisis Resolution Document before it is applied, if there
is no challenge hearing pending."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:17:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2527

Proposal 2527
Harf A Loaf
Alvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

Amend Rule 1112, "Let there be Harf!", as follows:

In the first paragraph, replace "the Speaker" with "another voting
player, chosen at random".

Append a paragraph to the Rule, delimited by CLONEZONE:

CLONEZONE
Similarly, if it is publicly knowable that the Harfmeister has voted NO
on a Harfy proposal during eir current term as Harfmeister, any voting
player may point out this fact, at which point the title of Harfmeister
shall be transferred to em.
CLONEZONE

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:17:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2528

Proposal 2528
Brewmeister
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal Rule 349, "Aleph Beth Gimel".

Amend Rule 340, "Conventions", by creating a new section, numbered
sequentially after all current sections of the Rule, with text as
follows(delimited by MICHELOB):

MICHELOB
Alphabetical ordering shall be determined by a word-by-word comparison,
each word compared letter-by-letter.  For these purposes:  A word is
considered to be delimited by whitespace; an initial 'The' or 'the' is
ignored; a single string of digits is considered equivalent to a letter;
digital 'letters' precede alphabetical letters; accented letters come
immediately after the unaccented form of the letter; and non-alphanumeric
characters are ignored; and case is ignored.  All else failing, two
words that are otherwise equivalent shall be sorted in ASCII collation
order.  
MICHELOB

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #228
*********************************