Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #216
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Tuesday, December 2 1997      Volume 02 : Number 216

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 01:51:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2398 accepted

Results of Proposal 2398

16/18 votes: Quorum achieved
12/14 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
K 2
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
breadbox
two-star            (MetaMorph)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
The Gingham Wearer                      [The Gingham Wearer is now active]
Rex Mundi

    NO:
Red Barn
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)

    PRESENT:
Michael Wren                            [Michael Wren is now active]
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)

    ABSTAINED:
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2398 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 04:27:17
> I Hate Bugs
> Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> Repeal Rule 1323, "Repent And Mend Thy Ways".  {{[ Since there are no
> longer any floods, locusts are an inevitability otherwise. ]}}
> 
> {{ All dangling buildings are reattached to Ackanomic. }}
> 
> Create a new rule, numbered 949, named "Nothing Sux Like An Electrolux",
> with text as follows(delimited by RULZ):
> 
> RULZ
> An Electrolux is a nameless, tradeable, mimsy entity.  The owner of an
> Electrolux may, as a public action, specify a building which is floating
> below the surface of Ackanomic[i.e. one whose tether was snapped by a
> Tornado], and say "Hey, you, get off of my cloud" [The Rolling Stones,
> "Get Off of My Cloud"].
> 
> If the owner of the building owns sufficient vacant kaas of land for the
> building to fit there, then the building is reattached to the surface
> of Ackanomic in that kaa.  If the owner of the building(hereafter,
> "Mick") is not the same player as the owner of the Electrolux(hereafter,
> "Keith"), then "Keith" may reattach "Mick"'s building as above, provided
> that a)"Mick" gives "Keith" permission to do so, b)"Keith" has enough
> vacant kaas of land for the building to fit, and c)"Keith" gives "Mick"
> an amount of A$ equal to that specified for rebuilding a building of
> that size in Rule 846, "Constructions And Architectural Aesthetic", then
> "Keith" may, by following the above procedure, reattach the building on
> eir own land.  "Keith" is then the owner of the building that has been
> attached.
> 
> After successfully reattaching a building, the Electrolux is destroyed.
> In addition, if a Tornado should occur, all Electroluxes shall be
> destroyed and this rule shall repeal itself.  {{[ This last sentence sets
> an upper time limit on this rule's effects, since we don't want it hanging
> around till forever... ]}}
> RULZ
> 
> {{
> The following players[the owners of dangling buildings, excluding those
> who are gone or probably will be soon], should they be in the game when
> this Proposal passes, shall receive Electroluxes:
> Malenkai, norpan, /dev/joe, Calvin N Hobbes, Robert Sevin, Crackfoo
> }}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 02:03:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2399 rejected

Results of Proposal 2399

15/18 votes: Quorum achieved
6/14 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
Red Barn
K 2
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi

    NO:
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
breadbox
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
two-star            (MetaMorph)
Tammany                                 [Malenkai bribed Tammany A$5]

    PRESENT:
Michael Wren
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)

    ABSTAINED:
Vynd                (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2399 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 04:27:36
> Tammany Trouble
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> Amend the Rule "Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are Reported" [at
> the time of writing, Rule 207] by renumbering subsection VII to VIII, and
> inserting the following AUTOBRIBE-delimited text immediately before the
> new subsection VIII:
> 
> AUTOBRIBE
> VII. Tammany Effects
> If the author of a proposal bribed Tammany to vote on that proposal, then
> when the results are reported e shall score two fewer points than e would
> otherwise would.
> AUTOBRIBE

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 12:16:55 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2399 rejected

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Brian Raiter wrote:

> 15/18 votes: Quorum achieved
> 6/14 YES votes: Proposal rejected
> 
>     NO:
> ThinMan             (Vulcan)
> Malenkai            (Vulcan)
> /dev/joe            (Vulcan)
> mr cwm              (SPAM)
> breadbox
> Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
> two-star            (MetaMorph)
> Tammany                                 [Malenkai bribed Tammany A$5]
Ironic, huh?  Not that it mattered.

- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:10:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2438

Proposal 2438
Lights, Camera, ...
ThinMan (John Bollinger)

This is a modest proposal.

{{[
    This, I hope, will settle the problem with R373 that CFJ 471
    highlights.  The appeal decision on that CFJ has not yet been
    reached, but this amendment will either codify that decision
    into the rules or correct the situation.  I think that this
    is what was intended all along, for what that's worth.
]}}

Amend rule 373 (Public Actions) by appending the following 
double-asterisk-delimited text to the second paragraph:

**
Referring to information contained in other documents or data sources
does not constitute including that information in the message.
**

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:13:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2439

Proposal 2439
Publicizing
ThinMan (John Bollinger)

{{[
    In considering the appeal of CFJ 471, I found that there were at
    least a few actions in the game that were not "public actions,"
    even though there was no apparent reason for them not to be.  I
    decided to bring those things into the fold, the advantage of that
    being that we could then control how actions are to be performed by
    modifying just one rule instead of several.  I decided to be as
    exhaustive as possible, so I searched the rules for the word
    "publically."  I also paid special attention to the Blueprints.
    It'll be quick and easy, I thought.  Ha.  I found more than 30
    seperate actions in more than 25 different rules.

    In some cases all that was required was to remove "by publically
    announcing that they are doing so," or other text to that effect.
    The ruleset will not be appreciably shortened by this proposal,
    however.  There are still a few things actions that will not be
    "public actions" -- it is possible that some or all of these
    could be made into public actions, but I am not doing so with this.
    I have endeavored to change only those parts of the rules that
    describe how the actions are to be performed; in some cases that
    means that where the original rules might have been a little
    lacking this proposal does not attempt to fix them up.

    I cannot guarantee that this proposal is bug-free, but I do
    promise that there is no scam intentionally hidden in it.
]}}

Amend rule 252 (Joining the Game), part III, section (1) by deleting
the last sentence.  {{[ This one specifies an ought-to-be-public
possible action, but it is also redundant with the Buildings rule. ]}}

Amend rule 330 (Retractions) in the following ways:

(1) By replacing the first sentence with "A player may retract his own
    proposal as a public action.  This action will fail if the results
    of that proposal have already been announced at the time that the
    action is attempted."

(2) By replacing the first sentence of the second paragraph with "A
    player may retract his own CFJ as a public action.  This action
    will fail if a verdict on the CFJ has already been delivered."

(3) By replacing the first sentence of the third paragraph with "A
    player may retract his own Miscellaneous Submission as a public
    action.  This action will fail if a decision on the acceptance
    or rejection of the submission is already publically knowable."

Amend rule 505 (Treasury and Ackadollars) by deleting the text "by
publically announcing they are doing so".

Amend rule 506 (Trinkets) in the following ways:
(1) By replacing the third sentence with "The owner of a trinket may
    transform it into its value in A$ as a public action."
(2) By replacing the second paragraph with the following double-
    asterisk-delimited text:
**
A player may tranform some or all of his A$ into a Trinket as a public
action.  In order to fully specify this action, the player must state
the name, description, and value of the Trinket to be created.  The
creation fails if the player does not have at least as many A$ as the
stated value of the Trinket.  If the Trinket creation succeeds then
the player who created the Trinket is its intial owner.
**

Amend rule 594.1 (Blueprint: Scroll of Crumble) by replacing its
first three sentences with: "The owner of a Scroll of Crumble may read
it as a public action.  In order to fully specify this action, the
player attempting it must include the text of the Scroll (which he may
make up) and specify an existing gadget.  If this action is successful
then the specified gadget is destroyed."

Amend rule 594.2 (Blueprint: The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do
Too Much, Really) by the words "by publically stating that he is doing
so" from the first paragraph and by replacing the third paragraph with
the following double-percent-sign-delimited text:
%%
The owner of The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really
may use it to change the player name of any Ackanomic player to another
name which is an anagram of the original.  This is a public action.  In
order to fully specify this action, the owner must state that he has
pointed The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really at x
(where x is the name of the player being renamed) and pressed the
ENERGIZE button, and he must give an anagram of the original name.  If
this action is successful then x's name is changed to the specified
anagram.
%%

Amend rule 594.4 (Blueprint: Vending Machine) in the following ways:

(1) By changing the third paragraph to: "The owner of a Vending Machine
may change the price for which the Machine sells any item.  This fails
if the price for that item was changed at any time within the preceeding
thirty days or if the new price is not an even integer."

(2) By replacing the last paragraph with: "Any player may attempt to buy
any item from any Vending Machine.  This fails if the Vending Machine is
broken or unowned; if the Vending Machine is not equipped to vend the
specified item; or if the player attempting to buy the item does not
have the current price for which the specified Machine sells the
specified item.  If the action succeeds then the Machine transfers
half of the current price of that item to its owner and the other
half to the Treasury, and then it creates a new item of the type
requested and gives it to the buyer."

Amend rule 594.7 (Blueprint: Evil Ballot Stuffer) by deleting the words
"by publically announcing they are doing so".

Amend rule 594.9 (Blueprint: Spell Book of Chorg) be changing the third
paragraph to: "A player who owns a Book may read the spell on its
lowest-numbered page as a public action.  In order to fully specify
this action, the player must describe a pyrotechnic display by which
the page is destroyed.  This action fails if any other page has been
read from the same book within the last calendar week.  If this action
is successful then the page read is removed from the book and destroyed
as described by the reader in his reading attempt, and one of the
following effects shall occur, depending on the number of the page read:
" 

Amend rule 594.12 (Blueprint: Gimme Shelter) by replacing the second
paragraph with: "The owner of an In the Box Gimme Shelter may pitch it
as a public action.  This action fails if there is any other player in
the same Location as the owner.  If it succeeds, then the Gimme Shelter
is then considered Pitched in the Location where the player was when he
pitched it."

Amend rule 594.13 (Blueprint: Oscar) by removing the text ", and
announcing this publically".

Amend rule 594.16 (Blueprint: Silver Spaceship) by replacing the second
paragraph with: "The possessor of a Silver Spaceship may launch it as
a public action.  In order to fully specify this action the launcher
must specify a Location that is defined by the rules to be a Moon or
Planet, and he must include an original piece of poetry or lyrical
composition of at least 5 lines that contains the words 'They', 'Might',
'Be', and 'Giants' anywhere in its text.  The launch fails if the
launcher is not in the Wilds of Ackanomia (local authorities object to
the noise).  If the launch succeeds then the the launcher is transported
to the Location named.  The Silver Spaceship becomes broken after being
successfully launched unless the poetry used in the launch was a sonnet.
The Poet Laureate shall be the final authority as to whether the poetry
used qualifies per above, or was in fact a sonnet, if the question
is raised. "

Amend rule 594.19 (Blueprint: Pyraic Frobnotzer) by replacing the third
and fourth paragraphs with the following double-dollar-sign-delimited
text:
$$
The owner of a Pyraic Frobnotzer may attach either of its nodes to a
noun phrase in a Rule as a public action.  This fails if the Frobnotzer
is gyrating.  If the node was already attached to a noun phrase then
it ceases to be attached to the old phrase.  If a node of the
Frobnotzer is attached to a noun phrase in a rule when that rule is
amended, repealed, or modified in any way then that node becomes
unattached.

The owner of a Pyraic Frobnotzer may set it off as a public action.
This fails if the Frobnotzer is broken or if either node is unattached.
If it succeeds then the Pyraic Frobnotzer starts to gyrate. It foams.
It steams. It continues to gyrate, with increasing angular momentum and
wobble, until it is broken or destroyed. 
$$

Amend rule 620 (Chartreuse Goose) by replacing the following
double-hyphen-delimited paragraph:
- --
All of the following actions must be announced publically if they are
performed, and the time of such post establishes the time when these
actions occur.  These transfers are impermissible between the time a
Paradox Win CFJ submitted by the Goose owner is publically knowable to
have been judged TRUE, and the last instant that CFJ may legally be
appealed: 
- --

with the following double-plus-sign-delimited paragraph:
++
Each of the following may be performed as a public action.  Each of
these actions will fail if it is attempted between the time a Paradox
Win CFJ submitted by the Goose owner is publically knowable to have been
judged TRUE, and the last instant that CFJ may legally be appealed.
++

Amend rule 712 (Gaoler), part (iv), by deleting the text ", by
publically announcing that they are doing so" each place it occurs.

Amend rule 837 (Nothing Important) by deleting the text ", by
publically announcing that they are doing so" from the last sentence.

Amend rule 841 by replacing sections (4) and (5) with the following
double-semicolon-delimited text:
;;
4) Constructing a tower is a public action.  In order to fully
specify this action, a player must announce to which building he is
adding a tower (or on which kaa of land he is building it), a
description of the tower, and the height of the tower (a positive,
integral number).  This action fails if the specified height is less
than 35 meters or if the player is not permitted to build such a tower.
The cost of constructing a tower as A$ 3 per meter; the construction
action also fails if the player attempting it has fewer A$ than the
construction cost.  If the construction succeeds then the construction
cost is transferred from the player constructing the tower to the
Treasury.

5) Extending the height of a tower is a public action.  In order to
fully specify this action, a player must announce which tower he is
extending, a description of the extension, and the amount he is
extending the tower (a positiver, integral number).  This action fails
if the player attempting it is not permitted to extend the specified
tower.  The cost of extending a tower is A$ 5 per meter; the extension
also fails if the player attempting it has fewer A$ than the extension
cost.  If the extension succeeds then the extension cost is transferred
from the player extending the tower to the Treasury.
;;

Amend rule 850 (Museum) by replacing the first sentence of section III
with: "A player may donate any Gadget, Trinket, or Prosthetic Forehead
he owns to the Museum.  This will fail if the player attempting it is
not at the Museum."

Amend rule 850 (Museum) by inserting the text: "(i.e. the donation
fails)" at the end of the sentence currently ending with "15 such
pieces on display."

Amend rule 909 (Steel Flea) by deleting the words: "by posting to that
effect publicly".

Amend rule 925 (The Press) by replacing the first paragraph with:
"Starting a Newspaper is a public action.  In order to fully specify
this action, the player attempting it must state the name of the new
Newspaper.  This action will fail if the player does not own at least
A$ 20.  If the action succeeds then A$ 20 is transferred from the
player to the Treasury to cover start-up costs."

Amend rule 925 (The Press) by replacing the last two sentences of
the fifth paragraph with: "The owner of a newspaper may close it
down.  If he does so then the Newspaper is said to have 'gone bust'
and ceases to exist."

Amend rule 929 (Baaa) by replacing the second paragraph with "Taking
possession of the Little Lamb is a public action.  This action will fail
if the Lamb is currently owned by a player who has owned it for less
than one week."

Amend rule 939 (Beldin's Tailor) by replacing the second paragraph with
the following double-caret-delimited text:
^^
Beldin's Tailor may amend the rule entitled "Beldin's Pants" in any one
of the following ways, as a public action:
^^

Amend rule 1044 (Swingpoints) by replacing sections 4 and 5 with the
following double-exclamation-point-delimited text:
!!
4. Swingpoint Conversions

a. A Player may, as a public action, convert any positive number of his
own Swingpoints into twice as many points (which are added to his
score).

b. A Player may, as a public action, convert four of his own Swingpoints
into one Bonus Vote.

c. A Player may use any set of his own Swingpoints to offset the cost
of a PartyChessPiece purchase.  In order to fully specify this action,
the Player must state the piece he is purchasing and the number of
Swingpoints he is using to offset the cost.  This action fails if five
times the number of Swingpoints he attempts to use is greater than the
cost of the piece.  If the action succeeds then the player purchases the
piece as if he had exercised rule 1230.1, part D, except that the cost
of the piece is reduced by five A$ for each Swingpoint used.  This
action constitutes a type of Swingpoint conversion for the purposes of
this rule

d. Actions (a) through (c) fail if the Player owns fewer Swingpoints
than he is attempting to convert.  Actions (b) and (c) fail if the
player has performed any Swingpoint conversion within the past seven
days, or if the Player has performed the same type of Swingpoint
conversion within the past fourteen days.
!!

Amend rule 1044 (Swingpoints) by renumbering section 6 as section 5.

Amend rule 1112 (Let there be Harf!) by replacing the second paragraph
with: "The Harfmeister may designate a proposal currently under voting
consideration as Harfy.  This action fails if there are already three
proposals designated Harfy or if the proposal specified is attributed
to the Harfmeister.  A proposal designated Harfy remains so designated
as long as it is under voting consideration; it ceases to be designated
Harfy as soon as it ceases to be under voting consideration."

Amend rule 1112 (Let there be Harf!) by deleting the text "by publically
calling for one".

Amend rule 1213 (Grab-a-Donkey) by replacing the paragraph beginning
with "If it has been at least 60 days" with: "Any player may claim the
title of Wrangler and Belt-Holder as a public action.  This fails if
there is currently a game of Grab-a-Donkey in progress or if the most
recent game of Grab-a-Donkey ended fewer than 60 days ago.  The titles
are immediately transferred to any successful claimant.  It is
considered good form for a successful claimant to start a game of
Grab-a-Donkey within a short time."

Amend rule 1217 (Buried Treasure!) by replacing the first two sentences
with the following double-ampersand-delimited text:

&&
Burying Treasure is a public action.  In order to fully specify this
action, the player attempting it must state which one or more of his
tradeable entities collectively constitute the Treasure.
&&

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:00:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2400 accepted

Results of Proposal 2400

15/19 votes: Quorum achieved
8/13 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
K 2
Rex Mundi

    NO:
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
breadbox
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Crackfoo            (Harf)              [Crackfoo is no longer pending]

    PRESENT:
two-star            (MetaMorph)
Vynd                (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2400 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 21:58:49
> For Someone's Sake, Let Them In
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Amend Rule 1015, "More Than human", by appending the following
> ELMER-SEASON delimited text:
> 
> ELMER-SEASON
> An Organization with a More Than Human is allowed to enable non-player
> Entities to become members, by expressing its consent to the joining of
> the non-player Entity (or by having an open admissions policy), and by the
> non-player Entity expressing eir consent to join the Organization in the
> public forum.
> ELMER-SEASON

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:07:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2401 accepted

Results of Proposal 2401

16/19 votes: Quorum achieved
16/17 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
breadbox
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
two-star            (MetaMorph)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
The Gingham Wearer
Rex Mundi
K 2
Vynd                (Vulcan)
MetaMorph Unity Vote
SPAM Unity Vote

    NO:
Crackfoo            (Harf)

    PRESENT:
Malenkai            (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Michael Wren
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2401 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 21:59:06
> And Justice for All
> ThinMan (John Bollinger)
> 
> {{[
>     Gist: Permit Justices and Acting Justices to appeal CFJs as long as
>     they decline to judge them.  Permit Acting Justices to decline
>     judgement just as regular Justices are permitted to do so.
> 
>     I was tempted to just nuke rule 218, but I will make that a
>     seperate proposal.
> ]}}
> 
> Amend rule 417 (Justices Rock) in the following ways:
> (1) Insert the text "or an Acting Justice" in the last paragraph
>     immediately after the text "a Justice".
> (2) Insert the text "or Acting Justice's" in the last paragraph
>     immediately after the text "Justice's".
> (3) Insert the text "or Acting Justice" in the last paragraph
>     immediately after the text "original Justice".
> 
> Amend rule 217 (Overturning Judgements) by appending the text "unless
> they also exercise their option under rule 417 (Justices Rock) to
> decline judgement on that CFJ" to the end of the first sentence of the
> second-to-last paragraph.
> 
> Amend rule 218 (Trials By Jury) by replacing the last paragraph with
> the following double-percent-symbol-delimited text:
> %%
> A jury verdict may be appealed to the Supreme Court according to the
> procedure described for normal CFJs.  Members of the Jury, the
> Prosaecutor, the Consaecutor, and the Judge of that CFJ are ineligible
> to appeal the verdict, however.  Justices and Acting Justices may only
> appeal a Jury Trial verdict if they also exercise their option under
> rule 417 (Justices Rock) to decline judgement on that CFJ.
> %%

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:12:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2402 accepted

Results of Proposal 2402

16/19 votes: Quorum achieved
14/18 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
breadbox
two-star            (MetaMorph)
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Vulcan Unity Vote
MetaMorph Unity Vote

    NO:
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer
K 2
Crackfoo            (Harf)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Michael Wren
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2402 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 21:59:22
> Dump Juries
> ThinMan (John Bollinger)
> 
> {{[
>     Gist: Get rid of complicated, rarely used, and difficult to manage
>     Jury trials.  Handle Undecided verdicts instead by passing them on
>     to the Supreme Court.
> ]}}
> 
> Repeal rule 218 (Trial By Jury).
> 
> Amend Rule 214 by appending the following double-ampersand-delimited
> text as a seperate paragraph:
> &&
> If the Judgement is Undecided then the CFJ shall be decided by the
> Supreme Court as if it had been appealed, except that the original
> Judge shall not be penalized for an overturned verdict on that CFJ.
> &&

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:18:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2403 accepted

Results of Proposal 2403

16/19 votes: Quorum achieved
10/15 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
two-star            (MetaMorph)
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
The Gingham Wearer
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Crackfoo            (Harf)
MetaMorph Unity Vote

    NO:
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Rex Mundi
K 2

    PRESENT:
breadbox
Vynd                (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Michael Wren
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2403 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 21:59:41
> Tammany Moves to Bel Aire
> ThinMan (John Bollinger)
> 
> This is a modest proposal.
> 
> Amend rule 315 (Tammany), section (b), by changing "A$ 5" to "A$ 25".

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 20:24:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2404 rejected

Results of Proposal 2404

16/19 votes: Quorum achieved
7/16 YES votes: Proposal rejected

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
breadbox
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)

    NO:
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
two-star            (MetaMorph)
Slakko              (SPAM)
The Gingham Wearer
Rex Mundi
K 2
Crackfoo            (Harf)
Vynd                (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Michael Wren
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

> Proposal 2404 - Tue 25 Nov 1997 21:59:58
> Give Tammany Some Teeth
> Malenkai (Randy Hall)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> {{[this is independent of proposal 2399, although I
> believe it is a better solution, as p2399 will create
> more work for the scorekeeper, while this will reduce
> work for both the tabulator and financier, and leave 
> the scorekeeper's work unchanged.  Moreover, 2399 will
> not solve the problem against players like me, who care
> about changing the rules, but do not care about points.
> This also puts more of a gamelike feel to tammany again]}}
> 
> ---------------------------------------
> 
> Amend rule 315, "Tammany", to replace:
> 
> "
> b) an amount of currency in the range of A$ 5 to A$ 100 (inclusive) 
> "
> 
> with:
> 
> "
> b) an amount of currency of at least A$ 75
> "

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #216
*********************************