Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #213
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Saturday, November 29 1997     Volume 02 : Number 213

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:23:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2425

Proposal 2425
Grand Dramatic Win Condition Rejig Re-Rejigged
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Grandiose Proposal.
[You'd better believe it, buster!]
[The aim of this proposal - to unify all the different winning methods
without completely going round the twist, and thereby to make changes to
the methods of achieving a win much simpler - just come up with different
ways to get Subers, and make existing ways worth less Subers or none
altogether!  I've left the current wins as full wins, but if people want
to fiddle with that later, this rule makes it easy.]

[Note - this rule ignores the possibility of secret agendas, but we can
bring them back into Subers if they both succeed, e.g. 7 Subers each time
you get one of your condition hats set to true.]

{{All entities containing the word "Suber" or "Subers" in their name are
destroyed.}}

[The above is necessary to eliminate Malenkai's loophole.

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 650, entitled "Win Condition", with text
as delimited by WOOHOO below:

WOOHOO
A cycle winning condition is achieved when a single player has 20 or more
Subers in eir possession, and no other player has 20 or more Subers, and
the single player possessing 20 or more Subers does not possess the
Chartreuse Goose.
WOOHOO

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651, entitled "Subers", with text as
delimited by PETER below:

PETER
Subers are non-tradable entities.  Any references elsewhere in the Rules
to players receiving or losing Subers are to be interpreted as the
creation or destruction of Subers in that player's possession.  No
non-player entity may possess Subers (the singular of Subers is Suber).
All Suber creation or destruction which results from a single
event shall occur simultaneously.
PETER

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 51.1, entitled "Gaining Subers", with
text as delimited by FREAKAZOID below:

FREAKAZOID
Players may only receive Subers as described in this Rule, but when they
do receive them according to this rule, "received" is to be interpreted as
in Rule 651.  The following are the only ways to receive Subers:

a) Whenever there is a unique player who has more than the Magic Number of
points in eir possession, e shall receive 20 Subers.

b) A player whose score divides (MN-1) without remainder, where MN is the
Magic Number, may Take The Box.  When a player Takes The Box, e receives
30/N^2 Subers, rounded down, where N = (MN-1)/P, MN is the Magic Number,
and P is the player's score when e Took The Box.  The player's score is
set to 0 simultaneously with the creation of the Subers.
[e.g. Magic Number 257.  A player on 128 may Take the Box, as 256/128 = 2.
Doing so would earn em 7 subers (= 30/2^2 rounded down)]

c) Whenever a verdict of TRUE is reached on a Paradox Win CFJ, the player
who submitted it shall receive 20 Subers, provided e is a voting player at
the time the verdict ceases to be appealable.

d) The instant after a player receives the title of "Sage o' Doe Gas", e
shall receive 20 Subers, provided e did not receive the title as a result
of a non-Modest Proposal being accepted.

e) When the End of the World occurs as specified in Rule 1320, the active
non-vacationing player who has donated most A$ to the Round Earth
Restoration Society when the Earth was made Round shall receive 20 Subers,
if a unique qualifying person exists.  If no unique qualifying person
exists, then the same amount of Subers will be received by each player
who, if the other players did not exist, would qualify as a unique
qualifying person.  This number will be the minimum number required for at
least one player to reach exactly 20 Subers.  If no players qualify, then
all players in the game who are not On Ice shall receive 10 Subers for 
witnessing the End of the World.

f) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$1000, 
and has never exceeded A$1000 before, then e shall receive 4 Subers.

g) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$5000,
and has never exceeded A$5000 before, then e shall receive 16 Subers.

h) When a player is declared the winner of a game described in the Games
and Contests Rule Suite, and the game was not a Duel, and involved 6 or
more players, then e shall receive 1 Suber.  However, no player may earn
more than 3 Subers in any one calendar month by this method.

i) When a player is declared the winner of a game of Grab-a-Donkey, e
shall receive 1 Suber.

j) When a player acquires the title of Winner of a Game of PartyChess, e
shall also receive 2 Subers.  If e is a Party Swinger, then all other
members of that Political Party shall receive 1 Suber.  If e is an NAP
Swinger, all other players who are not members of any Political Party
shall receive 1 Suber. However, in the event that any player acquired that
title earlier in the same calendar month, no Subers shall be received.

FREAKAZOID

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 52, entitled "Excessive Subers", with
text as delimited by REMOVE below:

REMOVE
If at any time 2 or more players each possess 20 or more Subers each, then
every player in the game will have eir number of Subers possessed reduced
to (19/m) of their Suber total immediately prior to the application of
this rule, rounded up, where m is the largest number of Subers held by
any player prior to the application of this rule.

[For example: There are three players, A, B, and C.  A and B have 19
Subers each, C has 5.  An event happens which gives A 6 Subers and B 2
Subers.  This sets the scores to 25, 21 and 5.  Each player's score is
then multiplied by 19/25, 25 being the highest score.  This results in
the scores being A: 19, B: 16 and C: 4.
This method enables 20 to be a constant limit on Subers, while not
creating insuperable problems should two players reach 20 simultaneously.]

If at any time only 1 player possesses 20 or more Subers, but e also
possesses the Chartreuse Goose, then the player will lose 25 Subers or all
eir Subers, whichever is less, and the Chartreuse Goose shall then go
Somewhere Else.
REMOVE

Amend Rule 666 by replacing section k with the following FIX delimited
text:

FIX
k) The winner of the cycle loses all eir Subers, or 25 Subers, whichever
is less.  All other players lose half eir Subers, rounded down.  The Magic
Number of points is reset to the base Magic Number.
FIX

[From here on the changes are deletions due to the consolidation of
winning conditions into the Suber acquisition rule.]

Delete the last sentence of Rule 601.
Renumber Rule 601 to Rule 654.

Delete the sentence of Rule 603 starting with "If exactly one voting
player" and finishing with "Winning Condition".  
Delete the sentence of Rule 603 which reads "None of the players shall win
the cycle at this time."

Renumber Rule 603 to Rule 655.

Delete from Rule 605 the following <>-delimited text:

<>
(1) win the current Cycle of the Game, if the Proposal which created the
rule was non-Modest. This win, if it occurs, shall occur immediately after
the score changes as a result of the Proposal being accepted are applied. 
<>

Renumber Rule 605 to Rule 656.

Delete the second and third sentences of Rule 620.
[The Chartreuse Goose condition by now has been subsumed into the rest of
the Winning Condition set.]
Delete the sentence of rule 620 which reads:
"If this judgement is not overruled, then the player who called for
judgement is declared the winner of the cycle; the win occurring at the
time it becomes illegal to appeal the CFJ under the current rules. "
[Again, already covered by the acquisition of Suber rules.]

Renumber Rule 620 to Rule 657.

Delete the last two sentences of Section VII of Rule 850.
[The Museum winning condition has been converted into Subers.]

Replace the following ARMAGEDDON-delimited text from Rule 1320 with the
SIMPLE-delimited text following:
ARMAGEDDON
The End of the World causes the cycle to immediately end. The winner of
the cycle will be the active or vacationing player who had donated the
most A$ to The Round Earth Restoration Society at the time that the Earth
was made round. If this selection method results in a tie, or the player
who would win is for some reason ineligible to win the cycle, then the
player who most recently became Enlightened out of those players who are
tied will be the winner of the cycle. If none of the players who are tied
for most A$ donated to The Round Earth Society are Enlightened, then the
Speaker will randomly select with equal probability one of the players who
are tied to be the winner. In any of these cases, the winner will receive
the title of Prophet of Doom.
ARMAGEDDON

SIMPLE
If the End of the World causes the cycle to end, then the winner will
receive the title of Prophet of Doom.
SIMPLE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:44:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2426

Proposal 2426
Grand Dramatic Win Condition Rejig Re-Rejigged
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Grandiose Proposal.
[You'd better believe it, buster!]
[The aim of this proposal - to unify all the different winning methods
without completely going round the twist, and thereby to make changes to
the methods of achieving a win much simpler - just come up with different
ways to get Subers, and make existing ways worth less Subers or none
altogether!  I've left the current wins as full wins, but if people want
to fiddle with that later, this rule makes it easy.]

[Note - this rule ignores the possibility of secret agendas, but we can
bring them back into Subers if they both succeed, e.g. 7 Subers each time
you get one of your condition hats set to true.]

{{All entities containing the word "Suber" or "Subers" in their name are
destroyed.}}

[The above is necessary to eliminate Malenkai's loophole.]

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 650, entitled "Win Condition", with text
as delimited by WOOHOO below:

WOOHOO
A cycle winning condition is achieved when a single player has 20 or more
Subers in eir possession, and no other player has 20 or more Subers, and
the single player possessing 20 or more Subers does not possess the
Chartreuse Goose.
WOOHOO

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651, entitled "Subers", with text as
delimited by PETER below:

PETER
Subers are non-tradable entities.  Any references elsewhere in the Rules
to players receiving or losing Subers are to be interpreted as the
creation or destruction of Subers in that player's possession.  No
non-player entity may possess Subers (the singular of Subers is Suber).
All Suber creation or destruction which results from a single
event shall occur simultaneously.
PETER

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 51.1, entitled "Gaining Subers", with
text as delimited by FREAKAZOID below:

FREAKAZOID
Players may only receive Subers as described in this Rule, but when they
do receive them according to this rule, "received" is to be interpreted as
in Rule 651.  The following are the only ways to receive Subers:

a) Whenever there is a unique player who has more than the Magic Number of
points in eir possession, e shall receive 20 Subers.

b) A player whose score divides (MN-1) without remainder, where MN is the
Magic Number, may Take The Box.  When a player Takes The Box, e receives
30/N^2 Subers, rounded down, where N = (MN-1)/P, MN is the Magic Number,
and P is the player's score when e Took The Box.  The player's score is
set to 0 simultaneously with the creation of the Subers.
[e.g. Magic Number 257.  A player on 128 may Take the Box, as 256/128 = 2.
Doing so would earn em 7 subers (= 30/2^2 rounded down)]

c) Whenever a verdict of TRUE is reached on a Paradox Win CFJ, the player
who submitted it shall receive 20 Subers, provided e is a voting player at
the time the verdict ceases to be appealable.

d) The instant after a player receives the title of "Sage o' Doe Gas", e
shall receive 20 Subers, provided e did not receive the title as a result
of a non-Modest Proposal being accepted.

e) When the End of the World occurs as specified in Rule 1320, the active
non-vacationing player who has donated most A$ to the Round Earth
Restoration Society when the Earth was made Round shall receive 20 Subers,
if a unique qualifying person exists.  If no unique qualifying person
exists, then the same amount of Subers will be received by each player
who, if the other players did not exist, would qualify as a unique
qualifying person.  This number will be the minimum number required for at
least one player to reach exactly 20 Subers.  If no players qualify, then
all players in the game who are not On Ice shall receive 10 Subers for 
witnessing the End of the World.

f) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$1000, 
and has never exceeded A$1000 before, then e shall receive 4 Subers.

g) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$5000,
and has never exceeded A$5000 before, then e shall receive 16 Subers.

h) When a player is declared the winner of a game described in the Games
and Contests Rule Suite, and the game was not a Duel, and involved 6 or
more players, then e shall receive 1 Suber.  However, no player may earn
more than 3 Subers in any one calendar month by this method.

i) When a player is declared the winner of a game of Grab-a-Donkey, e
shall receive 1 Suber.

j) When a player acquires the title of Winner of a Game of PartyChess, e
shall also receive 2 Subers.  If e is a Party Swinger, then all other
members of that Political Party shall receive 1 Suber.  If e is an NAP
Swinger, all other players who are not members of any Political Party
shall receive 1 Suber. However, in the event that any player acquired that
title earlier in the same calendar month, no Subers shall be received.

FREAKAZOID

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 52, entitled "Excessive Subers", with
text as delimited by REMOVE below:

REMOVE
If at any time 2 or more players each possess 20 or more Subers each, then
every player in the game will have eir number of Subers possessed reduced
to (19/m) of their Suber total immediately prior to the application of
this rule, rounded up, where m is the largest number of Subers held by
any player prior to the application of this rule.

[For example: There are three players, A, B, and C.  A and B have 19
Subers each, C has 5.  An event happens which gives A 6 Subers and B 2
Subers.  This sets the scores to 25, 21 and 5.  Each player's score is
then multiplied by 19/25, 25 being the highest score.  This results in
the scores being A: 19, B: 16 and C: 4.
This method enables 20 to be a constant limit on Subers, while not
creating insuperable problems should two players reach 20 simultaneously.]

If at any time only 1 player possesses 20 or more Subers, but e also
possesses the Chartreuse Goose, then the player will lose 25 Subers or all
eir Subers, whichever is less, and the Chartreuse Goose shall then go
Somewhere Else.
REMOVE

Amend Rule 666 by replacing section k with the following FIX delimited
text:

FIX
k) The winner of the cycle loses all eir Subers, or 25 Subers, whichever
is less.  All other players lose half eir Subers, rounded down.  The Magic
Number of points is reset to the base Magic Number.
FIX

[From here on the changes are deletions due to the consolidation of
winning conditions into the Suber acquisition rule.]

Delete the last sentence of Rule 601.
Renumber Rule 601 to Rule 654.

Delete the sentence of Rule 603 starting with "If exactly one voting
player" and finishing with "Winning Condition".  
Delete the sentence of Rule 603 which reads "None of the players shall win
the cycle at this time."

Renumber Rule 603 to Rule 655.

Delete from Rule 605 the following <>-delimited text:

<>
(1) win the current Cycle of the Game, if the Proposal which created the
rule was non-Modest. This win, if it occurs, shall occur immediately after
the score changes as a result of the Proposal being accepted are applied. 
<>

Renumber Rule 605 to Rule 656.

Delete the second and third sentences of Rule 620.
[The Chartreuse Goose condition by now has been subsumed into the rest of
the Winning Condition set.]
Delete the sentence of rule 620 which reads:
"If this judgement is not overruled, then the player who called for
judgement is declared the winner of the cycle; the win occurring at the
time it becomes illegal to appeal the CFJ under the current rules. "
[Again, already covered by the acquisition of Suber rules.]

Renumber Rule 620 to Rule 657.

Delete the last two sentences of Section VII of Rule 850.
[The Museum winning condition has been converted into Subers.]

Replace the following ARMAGEDDON-delimited text from Rule 1320 with the
SIMPLE-delimited text following:
ARMAGEDDON
The End of the World causes the cycle to immediately end. The winner of
the cycle will be the active or vacationing player who had donated the
most A$ to The Round Earth Restoration Society at the time that the Earth
was made round. If this selection method results in a tie, or the player
who would win is for some reason ineligible to win the cycle, then the
player who most recently became Enlightened out of those players who are
tied will be the winner of the cycle. If none of the players who are tied
for most A$ donated to The Round Earth Society are Enlightened, then the
Speaker will randomly select with equal probability one of the players who
are tied to be the winner. In any of these cases, the winner will receive
the title of Prophet of Doom.
ARMAGEDDON

SIMPLE
If the End of the World causes the cycle to end, then the winner will
receive the title of Prophet of Doom.
SIMPLE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:46:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2427

Proposal 2427
Don't Let Slakko Make a Fool of Himself Again
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.
Amend Rule 344 by replacing "rule or body of text, whichever comes first"
with "paragraph".

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 02:13:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2428

Proposal 2428
Stick the Vulcans Where They Belong
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Delete the last paragraph of Rule 1.
Renumber Rule 1 to Rule 1401.
Repeal Rule 0.

[This creates a new section, to do with the History of the Game, in the
1400s.]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:26:02 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2429

Proposal 2429
Elimination of Round Ambiguity
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Modest Proposal.

Replace section 4C of Rule 1230.2 with the following CLEARUP delimited
text:

CLEARUP
C. A Round of play is defined as a time period in which each Swinger
played at least once, at least one Swinger played only once, and no
Swinger who played more than once played after all Swingers who played
exactly once.
Each time a Round of play is over, RoundCount is incremented by 1.
Whenever a new game of Party Chess is started, and no other rule
specifies what the RoundCount shall be, it shall be set to 0.
CLEARUP

[Reasoning: 1. Currently the definition of Round is ambiguous, as the
following are both rounds if A through F are the only Swingers:
A,B,C,D,E,F and A,B,C,D,E,F,A,B,C,D.  This changes ensures that
A,B,C,D,E,F is a round, but A,B,C,D,E,F,A is not.]
[2. The new rules on Winning a Hand could be interpreted as winning a
game.  In such a case, the RoundCount will be set as described in that
rule, not simply reset to 0.]

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2430

Proposal 2430
Simplification of Winning Conditions into Subers
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Grandiose Proposal.

[The aim of this proposal - to unify all the different winning methods
without completely going round the twist, and thereby to make changes to
the methods of achieving a win much simpler - just come up with different
ways to get Subers, and make existing ways worth less Subers or none
altogether!  I've left the current wins as full wins, but if people want
to fiddle with that later, this rule makes it easy.]

[Note - this rule ignores the possibility of secret agendas, but we can
bring them back into Subers if they both succeed, e.g. 7 Subers each time
you get one of your condition hats set to true.]

[Thanks to lots and lots of suggestions, this tries hard to have no
immediate effect on winning conditions.]

{{All entities, which are not players, containing the word "Suber" or
"Subers" in their name are destroyed.}}

[The above is necessary to eliminate Malenkai's loophole.]

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 650, entitled "Win Condition", with text
as delimited by WOOHOO below:

WOOHOO
A cycle winning condition is achieved when a single player has 20 or more
Subers in eir possession, and no other player has more Subers, and
the single player possessing the most Subers does not possess the
Chartreuse Goose.
WOOHOO

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651, entitled "Subers", with text as
delimited by PETER below:

PETER
Subers are non-tradable entities.  Any references elsewhere in the Rules
to players receiving or losing Subers are to be interpreted as the
creation or destruction of Subers in that player's possession.  No
non-player entity may possess Subers (the singular of Subers is Suber).
All Suber creation or destruction which results from a single
event shall occur simultaneously.
PETER

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651.1, entitled "Gaining Subers", with
text as delimited by FREAKAZOID below:

FREAKAZOID
Players may only receive Subers as described in this Rule, but when they
do receive them according to this rule, "received" is to be interpreted as
in Rule 651.  The following are the only ways to receive Subers:

a) Whenever there is a unique player who has more than the Magic Number of
points in eir possession, e shall receive 20 Subers.

b) A player whose score divides (MN-1) without remainder, where MN is the
Magic Number, may Take The Box.  When a player Takes The Box, e receives
30/N^2 Subers, rounded down, where N = (MN-1)/P, MN is the Magic Number,
and P is the player's score when e Took The Box.  The player's score is
set to 0 simultaneously with the creation of the Subers.
[e.g. Magic Number 257.  A player on 128 may Take the Box, as 256/128 = 2.
Doing so would earn em 7 subers (= 30/2^2 rounded down)]

c) Whenever a verdict of TRUE is reached on a Paradox Win CFJ, the player
who submitted it shall receive 20 Subers, provided e is a voting player at
the time the verdict ceases to be appealable.

d) The instant after a player receives the title of "Sage o' Doe Gas", e
shall receive 20 Subers, provided e received the title as a result
of a non-Modest Proposal being accepted.

e) When the End of the World occurs as specified in Rule 1320, the active
non-vacationing player who has donated most A$ to the Round Earth
Restoration Society when the Earth was made Round shall receive 20 Subers,
if a unique qualifying person exists.  If no unique qualifying person
exists, then the same amount of Subers will be received by each player
who, if the other players did not exist, would qualify as a unique
qualifying person.  This number will be the minimum number required for at
least one player to reach exactly 20 Subers.  If no players qualify, then
all players in the game who are not On Ice shall receive 10 Subers for 
witnessing the End of the World.

f) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$5000, 
and has never exceeded A$1000 before, then e shall receive 20 Subers.

FREAKAZOID

Amend Rule 666 by replacing section k with the following FIX delimited
text:

FIX
k) All players lose all eir Subers.  A cycle is won by points if the
winner achieved the winning condition by receiving 20 Subers as described 
in Rule 651.1 part (a).  If the cycle was won by points, then amend Rule
655 to change the base value of the Magic Number to the smallest prime
number greater than (the current Magic Number*1.2). If the last two cycles
were not won by points, then amend Rule 655 to change the base value of
the Magic Number to the smallest prime number greater than (the current
Magic Number*0.9). Reset the Magic Number to the base Magic Number. 
FIX

[From here on the changes are deletions due to the consolidation of
winning conditions into the Suber acquisition rule.]

Delete the last sentence of Rule 601.
Renumber Rule 601 to Rule 654.

Delete the sentence of Rule 603 starting with "If exactly one voting
player" and finishing with "Winning Condition".  
Delete the sentence of Rule 603 which reads "None of the players shall win
the cycle at this time."

Renumber Rule 603 to Rule 655.

Delete from Rule 605 the following <>-delimited text:

<>
(1) win the current Cycle of the Game, if the Proposal which created the
rule was non-Modest. This win, if it occurs, shall occur immediately after
the score changes as a result of the Proposal being accepted are applied. 
<>

Renumber Rule 605 to Rule 656.

Delete the second and third sentences of Rule 620.
[The Chartreuse Goose condition by now has been subsumed into the rest of
the Winning Condition set.]
Delete the sentence of rule 620 which reads:
"If this judgement is not overruled, then the player who called for
judgement is declared the winner of the cycle; the win occurring at the
time it becomes illegal to appeal the CFJ under the current rules. "
[Again, already covered by the acquisition of Suber rules.]

Renumber Rule 620 to Rule 657.

Delete the last two sentences of Section VII of Rule 850.
[The Museum winning condition has been converted into Subers.]

Replace the following ARMAGEDDON-delimited text from Rule 1320 with the
SIMPLE-delimited text following:
ARMAGEDDON
The End of the World causes the cycle to immediately end. The winner of
the cycle will be the active or vacationing player who had donated the
most A$ to The Round Earth Restoration Society at the time that the Earth
was made round. If this selection method results in a tie, or the player
who would win is for some reason ineligible to win the cycle, then the
player who most recently became Enlightened out of those players who are
tied will be the winner of the cycle. If none of the players who are tied
for most A$ donated to The Round Earth Society are Enlightened, then the
Speaker will randomly select with equal probability one of the players who
are tied to be the winner. In any of these cases, the winner will receive
the title of Prophet of Doom.
ARMAGEDDON

SIMPLE
If the End of the World causes the cycle to end, then the winner will
receive the title of Prophet of Doom.
SIMPLE

#end proposal

Title 2: Changes to Subers

#begin proposal
Append the following LOBE delimited text to Rule 651.1:

LOBE
g) When a player is declared the winner of a game described in the Games
and Contests Rule Suite, and the game was not a Duel, and involved 6 or
more players, then e shall receive 1 Suber.  However, no player may earn
more than 3 Subers in any one calendar month by this method.

h) When a player is declared the winner of a game of Grab-a-Donkey, e
shall receive 1 Suber.

i) When a player acquires the title of Winner of a Game of PartyChess, e
shall also receive 2 Subers.  If e is a Party Swinger, then all other
members of that Political Party shall receive 1 Suber.  If e is an NAP
Swinger, all other players who are not members of any Political Party
shall receive 1 Suber. However, in the event that any player acquired that
title earlier in the same calendar month, no Subers shall be received.
LOBE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:37:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2431

Proposal 2431
Simplification of Winning Conditions into Subers
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Grandiose Proposal.

[The aim of this proposal - to unify all the different winning methods
without completely going round the twist, and thereby to make changes to
the methods of achieving a win much simpler - just come up with different
ways to get Subers, and make existing ways worth less Subers or none
altogether!  I've left the current wins as full wins, but if people want
to fiddle with that later, this rule makes it easy.]

[Note - this rule ignores the possibility of secret agendas, but we can
bring them back into Subers if they both succeed, e.g. 7 Subers each time
you get one of your condition hats set to true.]

[Thanks to lots and lots of suggestions, this tries hard to have no
immediate effect on winning conditions.]

{{All entities, which are not players, containing the word "Suber" or
"Subers" in their name are destroyed.}}

[The above is necessary to eliminate Malenkai's loophole.]

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 650, entitled "Win Condition", with text
as delimited by WOOHOO below:

WOOHOO
A cycle winning condition is achieved when a single player has 20 or more
Subers in eir possession, and no other player has more Subers, and
the single player possessing the most Subers does not possess the
Chartreuse Goose.
WOOHOO

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651, entitled "Subers", with text as
delimited by PETER below:

PETER
Subers are non-tradable entities.  Any references elsewhere in the Rules
to players receiving or losing Subers are to be interpreted as the
creation or destruction of Subers in that player's possession.  No
non-player entity may possess Subers (the singular of Subers is Suber).
All Suber creation or destruction which results from a single
event shall occur simultaneously.
PETER

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651.1, entitled "Gaining Subers", with
text as delimited by FREAKAZOID below:

FREAKAZOID
Players may only receive Subers as described in this Rule, but when they
do receive them according to this rule, "received" is to be interpreted as
in Rule 651.  The following are the only ways to receive Subers:

a) Whenever there is a unique player who has more than the Magic Number of
points in eir possession, e shall receive 20 Subers.

b) A player whose score divides (MN-1) without remainder, where MN is the
Magic Number, may Take The Box.  When a player Takes The Box, e receives
30/N^2 Subers, rounded down, where N = (MN-1)/P, MN is the Magic Number,
and P is the player's score when e Took The Box.  The player's score is
set to 0 simultaneously with the creation of the Subers.
[e.g. Magic Number 257.  A player on 128 may Take the Box, as 256/128 = 2.
Doing so would earn em 7 subers (= 30/2^2 rounded down)]

c) Whenever a verdict of TRUE is reached on a Paradox Win CFJ, the player
who submitted it shall receive 20 Subers, provided e is a voting player at
the time the verdict ceases to be appealable.

d) The instant after a player receives the title of "Sage o' Doe Gas", e
shall receive 20 Subers, provided e received the title as a result
of a non-Modest Proposal being accepted.

e) When the End of the World occurs as specified in Rule 1320, the active
non-vacationing player who has donated most A$ to the Round Earth
Restoration Society when the Earth was made Round shall receive 20 Subers,
if a unique qualifying person exists.  If no unique qualifying person
exists, then the same amount of Subers will be received by each player
who, if the other players did not exist, would qualify as a unique
qualifying person.  This number will be the minimum number required for at
least one player to reach exactly 20 Subers.  If no players qualify, then
all players in the game who are not On Ice shall receive 10 Subers for 
witnessing the End of the World.

f) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$5000, 
and has never exceeded A$1000 before, then e shall receive 20 Subers.

FREAKAZOID

Amend Rule 666 by replacing section k with the following FIX delimited
text:

FIX
k) All players lose all eir Subers.  A cycle is won by points if the
winner achieved the winning condition by receiving 20 Subers as described 
in Rule 651.1 part (a).  If the cycle was won by points, then amend Rule
655 to change the base value of the Magic Number to the smallest prime
number greater than (the current Magic Number*1.2). If the last two cycles
were not won by points, then amend Rule 655 to change the base value of
the Magic Number to the smallest prime number greater than (the current
Magic Number*0.9). Reset the Magic Number to the base Magic Number. 
FIX

[From here on the changes are deletions due to the consolidation of
winning conditions into the Suber acquisition rule.]

Delete the last sentence of Rule 601.
Renumber Rule 601 to Rule 654.

Delete the sentence of Rule 603 starting with "If exactly one voting
player" and finishing with "Winning Condition".  
Delete the sentence of Rule 603 which reads "None of the players shall win
the cycle at this time."

Renumber Rule 603 to Rule 655.

Delete from Rule 605 the following <>-delimited text:

<>
(1) win the current Cycle of the Game, if the Proposal which created the
rule was non-Modest. This win, if it occurs, shall occur immediately after
the score changes as a result of the Proposal being accepted are applied. 
<>

Renumber Rule 605 to Rule 656.

Delete the second and third sentences of Rule 620.
[The Chartreuse Goose condition by now has been subsumed into the rest of
the Winning Condition set.]
Delete the sentence of rule 620 which reads:
"If this judgement is not overruled, then the player who called for
judgement is declared the winner of the cycle; the win occurring at the
time it becomes illegal to appeal the CFJ under the current rules. "
[Again, already covered by the acquisition of Suber rules.]

Renumber Rule 620 to Rule 657.

Delete the last two sentences of Section VII of Rule 850.
[The Museum winning condition has been converted into Subers.]

Replace the following ARMAGEDDON-delimited text from Rule 1320 with the
SIMPLE-delimited text following:
ARMAGEDDON
The End of the World causes the cycle to immediately end. The winner of
the cycle will be the active or vacationing player who had donated the
most A$ to The Round Earth Restoration Society at the time that the Earth
was made round. If this selection method results in a tie, or the player
who would win is for some reason ineligible to win the cycle, then the
player who most recently became Enlightened out of those players who are
tied will be the winner of the cycle. If none of the players who are tied
for most A$ donated to The Round Earth Society are Enlightened, then the
Speaker will randomly select with equal probability one of the players who
are tied to be the winner. In any of these cases, the winner will receive
the title of Prophet of Doom.
ARMAGEDDON

SIMPLE
If the End of the World causes the cycle to end, then the winner will
receive the title of Prophet of Doom.
SIMPLE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:43:35 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2432

Proposal 2432
Changes to Subers
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Append the following LOBE delimited text to Rule 651.1:

LOBE
g) When a player is declared the winner of a game described in the Games
and Contests Rule Suite, and the game was not a Duel, and involved 6 or
more players, then e shall receive 1 Suber.  However, no player may earn
more than 3 Subers in any one calendar month by this method.

h) When a player is declared the winner of a game of Grab-a-Donkey, e
shall receive 1 Suber.

i) When a player acquires the title of Winner of a Game of PartyChess, e
shall also receive 2 Subers.  If e is a Party Swinger, then all other
members of that Political Party shall receive 1 Suber.  If e is an NAP
Swinger, all other players who are not members of any Political Party
shall receive 1 Suber. However, in the event that any player acquired that
title earlier in the same calendar month, no Subers shall be received.
LOBE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:51:44 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2390

Results of Proposal 2390

12/16 votes: Quorum achieved
12/13 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Rex Mundi
breadbox
Slakko              (SPAM)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Red Barn
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
two-star            (MetaMorph)
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
SPAM Unity Vote

    NO:
K 2

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

    PENDING:
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer

> Proposal 2390 - Sat 22 Nov 1997 18:27:21
> Too Much
> Malenkai (Randy Hall)
> 
> This is a modest proposal
> 
> -----------------------------
> 
> Amend rule 594.5, "Automatic Sculpture", to replace:
> 
> "
> Should the Mad Sculptor not publicly post such a description within three 
> days of being selected, e shall lose one point and the Officer in Charge
> of Random Things shall select a new Mad Sculptor.
> "
> 
> with:
> 
> "
> Should the Mad Sculptor not publicly post such a description within three 
> days of being selected, e shall lose one point and the description shall
> become "it is green".
> "

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #213
*********************************