Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #212
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Friday, November 28 1997      Volume 02 : Number 212

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 19:44:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2385 accepted

Results of Proposal 2385

13/16 votes: Quorum achieved
7/9 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
K 2

    NO:

    PRESENT:
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
Vynd                (Vulcan)
breadbox
Fortunato           (SPAM)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
Red Barn
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

    PENDING:
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer

> Proposal 2385 - Thu 20 Nov 1997 17:16:49
> Not Necessarily All or Nothing
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> [Swingers of non-zero but less than 50 weight currently have to make one
> Atomic Play or three, there is no way for them to make two.  This 
> Amendment will fix that problem.]
> 
> Amend Rule 1230.2 Part 6 by replacing the text delinated by ODD below:
> ODD
> A Swinger whose Weight is non-zero and less than 50, and has five or fewer
> on-board pieces may make a Play composed of two Moves followed by one
> Placement, or one Move followed by two Placements, or any other single
> Atomic Play. 
> ODD
> 
> with the following text delinated by PARITY-INDEPENDENT:
> PARITY-INDEPENDENT
> A Swinger whose Weight is non-zero and less than 50, and has five or fewer
> on-board pieces may make a Play composed of k Moves followed
> by a single Placement, or one Move followed by k Placements, or any
> other single Atomic Play, where k is equal to one or two.
> PARITY-INDEPENDENT

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 19:47:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2386 accepted

Results of Proposal 2386

13/16 votes: Quorum achieved
6/6 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi
mr cwm              (SPAM)

    NO:

    PRESENT:
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
Vynd                (Vulcan)
breadbox
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
K 2

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
Red Barn
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

    PENDING:
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer

> Proposal 2386 - Thu 20 Nov 1997 17:49:22
> Maybe a Win would be an idea
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> [This proposal aims to actually make it possible to win a game
> of Party Chess, without killing off the game.]
> 
> Create a New Rule, numbered 1230.30, in the Party Chess Rule Suite, titled
> "Stabitooum", with DIP delimited text below:
> 
> DIP
> There exists a class of entites known as Stabber's Knives.  Stabber's
> Knives are ownable and non-tradeable.  They are created and destroyed by
> the Frobozz Games Company, Diplomacy/PartyChess Division as necessary.
> The singular of Stabber's Knives is Stabber's Knife.  It is a duty of the
> Chess-Umpire to keep track of the number of Stabber's Knives owned by each
> Player.
> DIP
> 
> Create a New Rule, numbered 1230.40, in the Party Chess Rule Suite, titled
> "Winning a Hand", with PLUGH delimited text below:
> 
> PLUGH
> If one Swinger (called the Capturer) captures another Swinger's King, then
> the Capturer shall receive one newly created Stabber's Knife.  If one
> Swinger surrenders as a Play, then all Swingers who, prior to the
> Surrender move were checking the King of the Swinger who surrendered each
> receive one newly created Stabber's Knife immediately after the surrender
> (all creations of a Stabber's Knife after a specified move occur
> simultaneously).
> If, at any stage, the number of Stabber's Knives held by all current
> Swingers (excluding Swingers on Vacation) exceeds the number of Swingers
> (including Swingers on vacation), and there is a single Swinger
> (to be called the ChessChamp) with more Stabber's Knives than any other
> single Swinger, then the ChessChamp will be declared the Winner of this
> Game of Party Chess.  The ChessChamp will receive the title "Winner of a
> game of Party Chess", a title of which multiple copies may be held
> simultaneously.
> When a winner of a game of Party Chess is declared as in the above
> paragraph, the following events happen in the order specified:
> a) The ChessChamp receives a ChessChamp's Cardigan, which may be worn, and
> which may be worn underneath a Champion's Cloak.  If e already has a
> ChessChamp's Cardigan, then it instead instantly transforms into a
> Tarnished Badge of Gluery.  The ChessChamp additionally receives 10
> Swingpoints.
> b) All Stabber's Knives held by all Players are destroyed. 
> c) All on-board pieces are placed off-board.
> d) The RoundCount is set to the smallest integer multiple of 50 that
> increases the RoundCount.
> e) If a Swinger has N off board pieces, N > 15, then N-15 pieces will be
> chosen at random by the Chess-Umpire (using the Dice Server if possible)
> to be destroyed.  Compensation of A$3*M will be paid for each piece so
> destroyed, where M is the material value of that piece.
> f) If a Swinger's Office has N off board pieces, N < 6, then the Swinger
> holding that Office may choose, prior to the first non-Pass move that e
> makes, 6-N pieces, subject to instance constraints, with a total
> material value no more than 30-(5*N) which will be created
> for free in the possession of that Swinger's Office.  If the office
> changes hands before a non-Pass move is made, the new Swinger inherits
> the right to the free 6-N pieces.
> PLUGH

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 19:51:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2387 accepted

Results of Proposal 2387

14/16 votes: Quorum achieved
9/12 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Slakko              (SPAM)
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
K 2
two-star            (MetaMorph)
MetaMorph Unity Vote

    NO:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (SPAM)

    PRESENT:
breadbox
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
Red Barn

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

    PENDING:
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer

> Proposal 2387 - Thu 20 Nov 1997 17:54:15
> Free Chess for All
> Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)
> 
> Append the following text to R1230.2 "Swinger Want to Play Around II -
> Let's Play" as a new section, its number being one more than the number of
> the section that immediately preceds it :
> 
> "
>  Free For All
> A. The Chess Umpire has the Privilege of anouncing a Free For  All
>    provided that:
>   (i) There has not a Free For All for at least one Round
>   (ii) There has not a Free For All for at least 4 weeks
>   (iii) No Swinger is currently checked.
> B. A Free For All starts exactly three days after the Chess-Umpire
> publically anounces it. The anouncement must include the duration of the
> Free For All. The minimum duration if three days, the maximum is two
> weeks.
>  C. During a Free For All the following things happen:
>    (i)  The Swinger Play List is ignored.
>    (ii) Swingers may post plays at any time during a Free For All, 
>         provided that any given Swinger at least three days must pass
>         between between plays, except for Swingers whose Weight is
> 	non-zero and have less than 5
> 	on-board pieces, who need wait only two days between plays.
>    (iv) A play during a Free For All consists of a Single Atomic Play 
>    (v) Plays are processed in chrnological order.
>    (vi) Illegal plays are ignored.
> D.When A Free For All is over the following things happen:
>   (i) The Chess Umpire makes a public anouncement to that effect.
>   (ii) The Chess Umpire rearranges the Swinger Play List randomly.
> 
> "

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 19:56:10 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2388 accepted

Results of Proposal 2388

14/16 votes: Quorum achieved
11/16 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
breadbox
Slakko              (SPAM)
Red Barn
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
K 2
SPAM Unity Vote

    NO:
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
Tammany                                 [ThinMan bribed Tammany A$15]

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

    PENDING:
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer

> Proposal 2388 - Fri 21 Nov 1997 18:55:57
> Rule Number Status Again
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal
> 
> Append to Rule 303 Clause I the following sentence (delineated by PINKY):
> PINKY
> The valid rule number is associated with the rule, but is not considered
> part of the text of the rule itself.
> PINKY
> 
> Replace the phrase "any changes to the rules" in Rule 305 part (b) part i
> with the following phrase delineated by BRAIN:
> BRAIN
> any changes to the text of a rule or rules, or to the rule number or
> rule numbers associated with a rule or rules (but not part of the rules
> themselves) 
> BRAIN

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 19:58:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2389 accepted

Results of Proposal 2389

14/16 votes: Quorum achieved
11/15 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Rex Mundi
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
breadbox
Slakko              (SPAM)
Red Barn
Fortunato           (SPAM)
Balsamic Dragon     (SPAM)
mr cwm              (SPAM)
K 2
SPAM Unity Vote

    NO:
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan
Archie Leach

    PENDING:
Michael Wren
The Gingham Wearer

> Proposal 2389 - Fri 21 Nov 1997 18:56:14
> Immutable My Curvy Butt III
> Slakko (Duncan Richer)
> 
> This is a Modest Proposal.
> 
> Renumber Rule 2000 to Rule 0.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:02:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2418

Proposal 2418
Grand Dramatic Win Condition Rejig Re-Rejigged
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

This is a Grandiose Proposal.
[You'd better believe it, buster!]
[The aim of this proposal - to unify all the different winning methods
without completely going round the twist, and thereby to make changes to
the methods of achieving a win much simpler - just come up with different
ways to get Subers, and make existing ways worth less Subers or none
altogether!  I've left the current wins as full wins, but if people want
to fiddle with that later, this rule makes it easy.]

[Note - this rule ignores the possibility of secret agendas, but we can
bring them back into Subers if they both succeed, e.g. 7 Subers each time
you get one of your condition hats set to true.]

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 650, entitled "Win Condition", with text
as delimited by WOOHOO below:

WOOHOO
A cycle winning condition is achieved when a single player has 20 or more
Subers in eir possession, and no other player has 20 or more Subers, and
the single player possessing 20 or more Subers does not possess the
Chartreuse Goose.
WOOHOO

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 651, entitled "Subers", with text as
delimited by PETER below:

PETER
Subers are non-tradable entities.  Any references elsewhere in the Rules
to players receiving or losing Subers are to be interpreted as the
creation or destruction of Subers in that player's possession.  No
non-player entity may possess Subers (the singular of Subers is Suber).
All Suber creation or destruction which results from a single
event shall occur simultaneously.
PETER

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 51.1, entitled "Gaining Subers", with
text as delimited by FREAKAZOID below:

FREAKAZOID
Players may only receive Subers as described in this Rule, but when they
do receive them according to this rule, "received" is to be interpreted as
in Rule 651.  The following are the only ways to receive Subers:

a) Whenever there is a unique player who has more than the Magic Number of
points in eir possession, e shall receive 20 Subers.

b) A player whose score divides (MN-1) without remainder, where MN is the
Magic Number, may Take The Box.  When a player Takes The Box, e receives
30/N^2 Subers, rounded down, where N = (MN-1)/P, MN is the Magic Number,
and P is the player's score when e Took The Box.  The player's score is
set to 0 simultaneously with the creation of the Subers.
[e.g. Magic Number 257.  A player on 128 may Take the Box, as 256/128 = 2.
Doing so would earn em 7 subers (= 30/2^2 rounded down)]

c) Whenever a verdict of TRUE is reached on a Paradox Win CFJ, the player
who submitted it shall receive 20 Subers, provided e is a voting player at
the time the verdict ceases to be appealable.

d) The instant after a player receives the title of "Sage o' Doe Gas", e
shall receive 20 Subers, provided e did not receive the title as a result
of a non-Modest Proposal being accepted.

e) When the End of the World occurs as specified in Rule 1320, the active
non-vacationing player who has donated most A$ to the Round Earth
Restoration Society when the Earth was made Round shall receive 20 Subers,
if a unique qualifying person exists.  If no unique qualifying person
exists, then the same amount of Subers will be received by each player
who, if the other players did not exist, would qualify as a unique
qualifying person.  This number will be the minimum number required for at
least one player to reach exactly 20 Subers.  If no players qualify, then
all players in the game who are not On Ice shall receive 10 Subers for 
witnessing the End of the World.

f) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$1000, 
and has never exceeded A$1000 before, then e shall receive 4 Subers.

g) If a player's BV as described in Rule 850, "Museum", exceeds A$5000,
and has never exceeded A$5000 before, then e shall receive 16 Subers.

h) When a player is declared the winner of a game described in the Games
and Contests Rule Suite, and the game was not a Duel, and involved 6 or
more players, then e shall receive 1 Suber.  However, no player may earn
more than 3 Subers in any one calendar month by this method.

i) When a player is declared the winner of a game of Grab-a-Donkey, e
shall receive 1 Suber.

j) When a player acquires the title of Winner of a Game of PartyChess, e
shall also receive 2 Subers.  If e is a Party Swinger, then all other
members of that Political Party shall receive 1 Suber.  If e is an NAP
Swinger, all other players who are not members of any Political Party
shall receive 1 Suber. However, in the event that any player acquired that
title earlier in the same calendar month, no Subers shall be received.

FREAKAZOID

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 52, entitled "Excessive Subers", with
text as delimited by REMOVE below:

REMOVE
If at any time 2 or more players each possess 20 or more Subers each, then
every player in the game will have eir number of Subers possessed reduced
to (19/m) of their Suber total immediately prior to the application of
this rule, rounded up, where m is the largest number of Subers held by
any player prior to the application of this rule.

[For example: There are three players, A, B, and C.  A and B have 19
Subers each, C has 5.  An event happens which gives A 6 Subers and B 2
Subers.  This sets the scores to 25, 21 and 5.  Each player's score is
then multiplied by 19/25, 25 being the highest score.  This results in
the scores being A: 19, B: 16 and C: 4.
This method enables 20 to be a constant limit on Subers, while not
creating insuperable problems should two players reach 20 simultaneously.]

If at any time only 1 player possesses 20 or more Subers, but e also
possesses the Chartreuse Goose, then the player will lose 25 Subers or all
eir Subers, whichever is less, and the Chartreuse Goose shall then go
Somewhere Else.
REMOVE

Amend Rule 666 by replacing section k with the following FIX delimited
text:

FIX
k) The winner of the cycle loses all eir Subers, or 25 Subers, whichever
is less.  All other players lose half eir Subers, rounded down.  The Magic
Number of points is reset to the base Magic Number.
FIX

[From here on the changes are deletions due to the consolidation of
winning conditions into the Suber acquisition rule.]

Delete the last sentence of Rule 601.
Renumber Rule 601 to Rule 654.

Delete the sentence of Rule 603 starting with "If exactly one voting
player" and finishing with "Winning Condition".  
Delete the sentence of Rule 603 which reads "None of the players shall win
the cycle at this time."

Renumber Rule 603 to Rule 655.

Delete from Rule 605 the following <>-delimited text:

<>
(1) win the current Cycle of the Game, if the Proposal which created the
rule was non-Modest. This win, if it occurs, shall occur immediately after
the score changes as a result of the Proposal being accepted are applied. 
<>

Renumber Rule 605 to Rule 656.

Delete the second and third sentences of Rule 620.
[The Chartreuse Goose condition by now has been subsumed into the rest of
the Winning Condition set.]
Delete the sentence of rule 620 which reads:
"If this judgement is not overruled, then the player who called for
judgement is declared the winner of the cycle; the win occurring at the
time it becomes illegal to appeal the CFJ under the current rules. "
[Again, already covered by the acquisition of Suber rules.]

Renumber Rule 620 to Rule 657.

Delete the last two sentences of Section VII of Rule 850.
[The Museum winning condition has been converted into Subers.]

Replace the following ARMAGEDDON-delimited text from Rule 1320 with the
SIMPLE-delimited text following:
ARMAGEDDON
The End of the World causes the cycle to immediately end. The winner of
the cycle will be the active or vacationing player who had donated the
most A$ to The Round Earth Restoration Society at the time that the Earth
was made round. If this selection method results in a tie, or the player
who would win is for some reason ineligible to win the cycle, then the
player who most recently became Enlightened out of those players who are
tied will be the winner of the cycle. If none of the players who are tied
for most A$ donated to The Round Earth Society are Enlightened, then the
Speaker will randomly select with equal probability one of the players who
are tied to be the winner. In any of these cases, the winner will receive
the title of Prophet of Doom.
ARMAGEDDON

SIMPLE
If the End of the World causes the cycle to end, then the winner will
receive the title of Prophet of Doom.
SIMPLE

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:08:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2419

Proposal 2419
Quincy, Medical Examiner
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal Rule 1123, "snowgod's Disease."

{{ Red Barn may, as a public action, declare emself cured of
snowgod's Disease.  If he does not do so within one week of
this Proposal's passage, this rule repeals itself. }}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:10:54 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2420

Proposal 2420
Traditional American Method
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Create a new Rule, numbered Rule 414.5, and titled "Quayle", with the
following GORE delimited text:

GORE
The Vice Presidency of Ackanomia is an Office with One Seat.  The player
who holds that seat is called the Vice President, and may also be
referred to as either "Quayle" or "Al Bore" while e holds the office.  The
Vice President's Term of Office is the same as that of the President.

The Office of Vice President shall be held as follows:
(a) If there has been no election for President since this rule was
enacted, the Office shall remain vacant.

(b) If there is an Election for the Office of President, involving two or
more candidates, then, when the Presidential election results become
publically knowable, the Vice Presidency will be held by the player who is
not President, but would have been elected to a seat in the Presidency if
the Presidency had two Seats.

(c) If there is an Election for President, involving only one candidate,
then (i) if they are not the incumbent President, the incumbent President
shall become Vice President at the end of the election period,
(ii) if they are the incumbent President, and the Vice Presidency is not
vacant, then the Vice President shall remain in office, i.e. they will
gain another term,
(iii), if neither of the above holds, then the Vice Presidency will remain
vacant until the end of the next election for President.

[Note: This is the same as the old American Presidental system, where the
person who got the second-largest number of colleges became VP.]

The Duties of the Vice President are:

a) To perform all the Duties of the President whenever the President is
unable to.
b) Other rules may specify other duties.

The Privileges of the Vice President are:

a) The privileges of the President whenever the President is unable to
perform eir duties.
b) Other rules may specify other privileges.
GORE

Amend Rule 414 by inserting the following BUSH-delimited text immediately
after the text "(iii)"

BUSH
This office may not be filled in an Acting capacity unless both the
President and the Vice President are unable to perform the duties of
the President.  
BUSH

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:13:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2421

Proposal 2421
What Kind of a Catchphrase is That?
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Repeal Rule 1140, "Unofficial Catchphrases".

[This rule doesn't add that much to the game, it has yet to be used
despite being introduced almost three months ago, and therefore appears to
be excess baggage.]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:14:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2422

Proposal 2422
Do you think I am easier to be played on than a pipe?
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create a new rule called "Do you think I am easier to be played on than a
pipe?", which contains the following text, deimited by PPPP:

PPPP
1.A Pipe is an Organizational Power. An Organization may buy a Pipe for
  A$400. An Organization which owns a Pipe is reffered to in this rule
  as a Piper.

2. A Piper may do the following:
   a. Import entities from other nomics.
   b. Export entities to other nomics
   c. Add Entity Behavior Rules to the Entity Behavior Rule Suite

3. Importing Entities from other nomics.
  a. A  Piper may only import an entity if it meets the following
     criteria:
   i. The nomic it is being imported from is a member of Internomic
   ii. The entity has a valid Entity behavior profile.
 b. Import procedure:
  i. The Piper is notified by an entity of another nomic which is 
     responsible for exporting entities from that nomic.
 ii. If the entity does not meet the import criteria the Pipper must
     reject the transfer by notifying the exporting entity of that nomic
 iii. The Piper may ammend a short prefix to the name of an imported
      entity to avoid breaking the rules of Ackanomic.
 iv. The Piper always has the option of rejecting an entity, even
    if it appears to meet the Import criteria.
 v. If the Piper decides to accept the imported the entity it publically
    anounces this fact, and publishes the Entity Behavior Rule. If within
    three days no Rejection Hearing
    is called, then the entity is transffered to its intended recipient.
    If a Rejection Hearing is called, then the acceptance is delayed
    pending the results of the Hearing.  When an entity is imported and it
    either  has no intended recipient, or it cannot be transferred
    legally to its intended recipient. It becomes unowned.

  vi. Once an Import is accpted. The Piper adds its Entity Behavior Rule
      to the Entity Behavior Rule Suite. All imported Entities are
      Tradable and Ownable.

4. Exporting Entities to other nomics
  a. A Piper may only Export entities if the following criteria are met:
    i. The nomic the entity is being to is a member of Internomic.
   ii. The entity is tradeable.
  iii. The entity is either owned by the Organization, or the owner
       of the entity has made a public anouncement asking the Piper
       to Export the entity.
  iv. The Entity has a valid Entity Behavior Profile.
  v. The entity is tradeable.

 b.Export Procedures. 
 i.Export procedures are initiated when an entity posts a message
   to the public forum which that it wishes to Export an entity. 
   The message should specify the entity to be exported, the nomic
   it is to be exported to, and if the poster is not a Piper itself,    
   it must specify also the name of the Piper e requesting to perform
   the Export. The must also include n Entity Behavior Profile.
   The message may also include the name of a recipient.
 
ii.If a Piper has been named, and the Piper agrees to attempt the Export,
   ( a Piper may set a price for such a service),
    then the Piper notifies the receiving nomic, via the entity
    responsible for Imports in that nomic of the intent to transfer.
    If the receiving nomic accepts the transfer, then the Piper
    makes a public anouncement to that effect and the entity is
    transferred  to that nomic. IF the receiving nomic either rejects
    the transfer, or fails to reply within 7 days. Then the Piper makes
    a Public anouncement to that effect, and no action is taken.

c. When an entity is transferred out of Ackanomic, then it is no longer
   tracked by any Ackanomic officer. If the Entity is a unique entity,
   then the  following sentence is appended to the rule governing that 
   Entity:"There are currently 0 instances of this Entity in Ackanomic."
   if that entity has a corrsponding rule in the Enitity Behavior Rule
   Suite, then that rule is repealed.

   
5. Rejection Hearing
  Whenever a Piper anounces that it has decided to accept a transfer, any
player who feels that the transfer may be rejcted may call for Rejection
Hearing, provided that such a Hearing has not already been called on that
same transfer. The valid responses in a Rejection Hearing are "Can we keep
it, PLEASE? We'll walk it every day." and "Eject that Reject." If the
decision is "Can we keep it, PLEASE? We'll walk it every day." then the
entity transfer is accepted. Otherwise, the entity transfer is rejected.

6. Whenever an Entity has been imported, and its nomic of origin is
Ackanomic, and it is a previously exported unique entity, and there exists
a rule in the ackanomic ruleset that governs the behavior of this entity,
and that rule contains the sentence : "There are currently 0 instances of
this Entity in Ackanomic." that sentence is stricken from the rule.

7. Whenever any entity has been imported, and its nomic of origin is
Ackanomic, and there exists a rule which governs its behavior in the
ackanomci ruleset, then its entity behavior rule is not added to the
Entity Behavior Rule Suite.

8. Whenever a Piper Imports an entity, and the imported is accepted, it
may require the recipient, (in case there is no recipient, the it may
require the Treasury instead), to pay a Customs Fee. If any player feels
the Customs Fee is too high, e may call for a Customs Fee Hearing. When
such a hearing is called, payment of the Customs Fee is delayed until the
results of the Hreading are made publically knowable. The appropriate
responses for this Hearing are "This is Highway Robbery", "The Piper
deserve this for their hard work". If most of the responses are "This is
highway Robbery", then the Customs Fee is set to 0. If most of the
responses "The Piper deserve this for their hard work" then
the Customs Fee is transfferd from the recipient, (or the Treasury, if
there is no recipient) to the Piper.

9. Whenever a transfer of more than entity is requested

{{Renumber this rule to 1017}}

PPPP

Create a new rule entitle "Entity Behavior Rule Suite" which contains the
text delimited by EBRS:

EBRS
This rule is the Head of the Entity Behavior Rule Suite.
An Entity Profile must specify for each entity the following properties in
order to be valid:
1. An Entity Behvior Rule
2. A nomic of origin

The rules which are members of this rule suite are entity behavior rules
of entities which have been imported into Ackanomic. This rule takes
precedence over all other members of this Rule Suite. 
The rules in this Rule Suite defer to all other rules.
[Entity Behavior Rules]

EBRS

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:17:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2423

Proposal 2423
Old Frinking Buddies
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

[The greatest contributors to Ackanomic are often those still playing.
Let's recognise them, too.]

Create a new Rule, numbered 843.0, and entitled "Legends in eir Own
Lunchtime", with text delimited by GREATS below:

GREATS
If a player has played Acka continuously for a period of not less than 18
months, and has won at least two cycles of Ackanomic, then e is eligible
to be enshrined in the Hall of Elders.  A current player who satisfies the
conditions of the previous sentence can only be enshrined in the Hall of
Elders as the result of a Living Legend Hearing.  The legitimate responses
to a Living Legend Hearing are "More Famous than Babe Ruth" and "Who the
Hell is e?"  If the result of the Hearing is "More Famous than Babe Ruth",
then e shall be enshrined in the Hall of Elders according to provisions 6
and 7 of Rule 843, "Hall of Elders".  A Living Legend Hearing must state
which player is to be enshrined, and may only be called once in any
calendar month about a particular player.  A player may not call a Living
Legend Hearing about emself.

A player who has been enshrined in this way is automatically entitled to
use the title Elder, and shall have the powers and benefits explicitly
specified by other rules for Elders.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 20:56:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2424

Proposal 2424
Boring Proposals
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

- --------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 207, "Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are Reported",
to append the following text at the end of the rule:

" 
VIII. Boring Proposals 

A proposal is Boring if and only if at least half of the votes cast
on the proposal were Present votes.  The above provisions notwithstanding,
no points are scored by any player as a result of a Boring proposal being
accepted. 
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #212
*********************************