Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #199
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Saturday, November 15 1997     Volume 02 : Number 199

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 00:11:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2376

Proposal 2376
Prompt Chess Moves Pay
Slakko (Duncan Richer)

Amend Rule 1230.3 by replacing
"For a Swinger whose King is on-board 
Weight = 
(Total material value of the on-board pieces) + 
for each piece (Mobility of that piece) 
for each piece (add 5 if the piece attacks at least one opponent piece) 
for each piece (add 4 if the piece defends at least one friendly piece) "

with the following text delimited by SPEED:

SPEED
For a Swinger whose King is on-board 
Weight = 
(Total material value of the on-board pieces) + 
Velocity Variable +
for each piece (Mobility of that piece) 
for each piece (add 5 if the piece attacks at least one opponent piece) 
for each piece (add 4 if the piece defends at least one friendly piece) 
SPEED.

In Rule 1230.3, after the phrase "without making a Capture."  insert the
following text, delimited by BULLOCK:

BULLOCK
Each Office of Swinger has an integer associated with it called its
Velocity Variable.
{{Each Swinger's Velocity Variable is set to 0.}}
Whenever a new Swinger Office is created, its Velocity Variable is set to
0.  Whenever a Swinger submits eir turn within 24 hours of the last
turn being made public, eir Velocity Variable is increased by 5
immediately after eir turn becomes publically knowable, provided they are
not the Chess-Umpire.  If the Chess-Umpire is a Swinger, and submits eir
move within 2 hours of the last turn's results being made public, eir
Velocity Variable is increased by 2 immediately after eir move is first
publically knowable.  If any player submits an illegal turn or does not
submit a turn within the deadline, then their Velocity Variable is
decreased by 7, unless they are the Chess-Umpire, in which case it is
decreased by 17. 
{{[This Velocity Variable is designed to encourage quicker play of Party
Chess, and hopefully therefore a more interesting game.]}}
BULLOCK

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #199
*********************************