Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #191
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Tuesday, November 4 1997      Volume 02 : Number 191

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 03:20:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2343 accepted

Results of Proposal 2343

9/16 votes: Quorum achieved
8/8 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Slakko                                  [Slakko is no longer pending]
Balsamic Dragon
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
mr cwm              (Munchkin Haven)
Vynd                (Vulcan)
breadbox
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
ThinMan             (Vulcan)

    NO:

    PRESENT:
Malenkai            (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Rex Mundi
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Fortunato
Karma               (Harf)
Red Barn
Archie Leach
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan

    PENDING:
SonOfWu
Darth Vader

> Proposal 2343 - Tue 28 Oct 1997 05:35:25 EST
> That Was The Month That Was
> Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> Amend Rule 255, "Vacationing", as follows:
> 
> After the sentence "If the duration is not specified when they go
> on vacation, it is assumed to be 14 days.", insert the following
> sentence(delimited by LEHRER):
> 
> LEHRER
> If the duration is specified as a range of time, e.g.  "next week"
> or "October", the expected duration shall extend to the end of said
> range[i.e., until the end of the specified calendar week, or October
> 31st, in the above cases].
> LEHRER
> 
> {{[ The next sentences in the Rule will trim this to fit in the 2-60 day
> range, in case anyone was worried... ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:17:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2349

Proposal 2349
Zarathustra
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create a new rule entitled "More Than human" which contains the following
text: 
" 
A More Than Human is an Organizational Power. An Organization may buy a
More Than Human for A$200. 

An Organization that has a More Than Human is allowed to have non-player
Entities as members, provided that said Entities are capable of expressing
eir consent in the public forum, or that the rules allow for some method
by which said Entities can become members of Organizations. 

{{Renumber this rule to 1015}}

" 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:18:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2350

Proposal 2350
To Restore s semblance of balance.
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

{{[this does not nuke Organization of fewer than three members, it just
robs them of any ability to take action. A thousand mile walk begins with
one step.]}}

 This is a Modest Proposal.

Append the following text to R1003 Organizations:
"An Organization may not take any action, and may not use Organizational
Powers if the there are fewer than three players who are members of the
Organization."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:18:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2351

Proposal 2351
Institution Decomposition
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

{{[ Amilder version of Antidisestablishmentarianism.  This is only the
portion that brings Institutions into the Organizationl framework as
Unique Organizations, and specifies the restrictions for Unique
Organizations

 A proposal to do the following:

I. 
Append a new section to R1003 "Organization" which contains the following
text:
"When an Organization is called on to vote, it has 7 days to conduct and
publically report the results of the vote, and how each member voted,
unless the rules call for a different amount of time. If everyone who is
elligible to cast a vote in a given has done so, the restults may be
anounced before the voting period ends. For the purposes of this rule, the
composition of an Organization is taken to be its composition at the end
of any voting or decision period. Acting members are consdered to be
members in place of the members they are acting for. 

"

II.
Append a new section to R1003 "Organization" which contains the following
text:
"This section takes precedence over all rules concerning Unique
Organizations, and all rules concerning Organizational Powers. It is
impermissible for Unique Organizations to use Organizational Powers. If a
Uniquie Organization comes to own an Organizational Power, by any means,
then that Organizational Power has no effect on that Organization. Unique
Organization memberhsip is defined by the rules defining the Unique
Organizations in question. If membership is not defined for a specific
Unique Organization, then it has no members. 
"

III.Ammend R411 "Senate" by replacing the string "an Institution" with the
string "a Unique Organization" 

IV. Ammend R1303 "Synod" by replacing the string "an Institution" with
the string "a Unique Organization" 

V. Ammend R1040 "Party Hall" by replacing the string "an Institution"
with the string "a Unique Organization" 

VI. Ammend R420.2 "Ackanomic History Guild" by replacing the string "an
Institution" with the string "a Unique Organization" 

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:18:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2352

Proposal 2352
A King's Ransom
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

 This is a Modest Proposal.

Append the following text to section 6 of R1230.2,:
"When a Swinger's turn consists of multiple Atomic Plays, and one of the
Atomic plays places another Swinger in a state of check, then the turn
ends immediately, and the Atomic plays that follow that Atomic Plays are
not executed.
When more there is more than one Swinger in a state of check, then
Swingers  are allowed to make only Atomic Plays, regardless of the
criteria specified above, for as long as the state of multiple check
exists."

{{[thanks to /dev/joe for pointing these things out. His other comment,
about requiring the first move,I don't consider necessary right now, we'll
just have to see how it goes. Some of you may recall that several months
ago I discussed here adopting some of Durosettes's Siege chess concepts to
Party Chess. I posted an RFC at the time, but never got around to
proposing it. I  like the idea of Siege chess. However, for PartyChess, in
the form it held for most of the past year, it might have been a bit too
much of a shock. These movement rules were suggested some time ago,
independently of Siege Chess by Ben Good, who since then left Acka and
founded Fourplay Chess nomic, which  can be seen as a sibling game to
Party Chess. I perceive some relation between the two. It balances off
some of the disadvantages of starting off later, makes for a more dynamic
game. If it works, I'd like to go on and introduce Siege Chess, which I
view as a more extreme form of these rules.]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #191
*********************************