Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #184
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Friday, October 24 1997      Volume 02 : Number 184

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 03:20:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2340

Proposal 2340
Get Those Chess Pieces moving.
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Ammend section 6 of R1230.2 "Swingers Like to Play Around II - Let's play"
to read in full:

"
6. Playing the game
On eir turn a Swinger may make a play composed of one or more of the
Atomic Plays defined in this section. All Atomic Plays that  make up the
same Play must be in the same message, in the order in which they are
made. The Play is made as a Public Action.

A Swinger whose Weight  equals 0 and has five or fewer on-board pieces
may make a Play composed of one Move followed by one Placement, or any
other single Atomic Play.

A Swinger whose Weight equals 0 and more than five on-board pieces may
a Play composed of any single Atomic Play

A Swinger whose Weight is non-zero and less than 50, and has five or
fewer on-board pieces may make a Play composed of two Moves followed by
one Placement, or any other single Atomic Play.

A Swinger whose Weight is greater than 100, or has more than 9
on-board pieces, may make any single Atomic Play.

Any other Swinger may make a Play composed of one Move, followed by one
Placement, or any other single Atomic Play.

The following are the legal Atomic Plays:
A. Move - The Swinger moves an on-board piece e controls from the square
it is on to an unoccupied square according to the applicable rules. 

B. Capture - The Swinger uses one of his pieces to perform a capture
according to the applicable rules. 

C. Placement - The Swinger places one of eir off-board pieces on an
unoccupied square on the board. The Swinger may not place the piece in
such a position that it attacks one or more opposing pieces. 

D. Pass - The Swinger does nothing. [This is the default play in most
cases; see above.] 

E. Surrender - All of the Swinger's pieces are removed from the board, and
become off-board pieces. 
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 03:20:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2341

Proposal 2341
Antidisestablishmentarianism
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

{{[This proposal is my Organization reform proposal. It does the following
things:
1. It changes Institutions into Unique Organizations, and and restricts
all Unique Organizations in use of Organizational Powers, and membership
rules.
2. It repeals Institutions, while retaining the default voting procedures
for Institutions by incorporating them into Organizations.
3. It disbands non-unique Organizations with fewer than three members,
after refunding them for purchase of any Organizational Powers they have,
and giving them to set their affairs in order.
4. Player-sanctioned Organizations with three or more members stay,
Parties remain as they are now. Although both these issues will be dealt
with in seperate proposals. Joint Assemblies are also not part of this
Proposals, as there are currently no rules that depend on, this will not
break anything, I'd like to add a more comprehensive version of Joint
Assemblies, this is also left to a seperate proposal, so as not to confuse
the issues.
5. It creates an additional Organizational Power which allows
player-sanctioned ORganization to have non-player entities as members,
an ability which this ammendment explicitly takes away from such
Organizations as a default.
6. It specifically does not attempt to plug the tax shelter loop-hole.

]}}

This is a Grandiose Proposal.

A proposal that has the following effect:

I. Ammed R1003 "Organizations" to read in full:
"1. Forming an Organization 
Any player may form a new Organization by anouncing publically its name
and the names of its members. If other rules do not specify a higher
minimum membership for an Organization, then the minimum number of members
is three. The player who makes the anouncement becomes the Founder of the
new Organization. Organizations formed in this way are known as
Player-Sanctioned Organizations.

Alternatively, an Organization may be created and defined by other Rules.
Such Organizations are called Rule-sanctioned Organizations. A
Rule-sanctioned Organization does not necessarily have a Founder. 

Any player may request membership in an Organization. The Organization may
then grant the request as a public action. When a request for membership
is granted, the player becomes a member of the Organization.

Unless specified otherwise by other rules, only players may become members
of an Organization.

A player-sanctioned Organization may, as a public action, give a
particular member the ability to grant any request for membership in that Organization, without
waiting around for the consent of the rest of the members. A player-sanctioned
Organization may also, as a public action, establish an open admissions policy, which
means that anyone can join that Organization at any time. 

2. Organization Disbandment 

The rules may call for the disbandment of an Organization. When an
Organization is disbanded, everything owned by the Organization is
transferred to the Treasury, and the Organization is then no more. A
Player-sanctioned Organization is disbanded if it's membership dropped
below the minimum membership requirement for that Organization for a
period of one week.

3. Organization Size 

The Size of an Organization is the number of members it has. Terms such as
'larger' and 'smallest', when applied to Organizations, refer to the Sizes
of the Organizations being compared. [For example, to say that one
organization is larger than another is to say that it has more members.] 

The Active Size of an Organization is the number of Players who are
members of that Organization and are not on vacation. 

4. Organization Similarity 

For any two Organizations X and Y, orgsim(X, Y) is defined as the
percentage of members of X who are also members of Y, except for the case
where X and Y are the same, in which case it is defined to be 0. 

The H Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the greater of
orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A). 

The L Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the lesser of
orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A). 

The M Similarity between two Organizations, A and B, is the average of
orgsim(A, B) and orgsim(B, A). 

5. Player Liberty Clause 

No player may become a member of an Organization without first expressing
their consent to joining it. A player may leave an Organization of which
he or she is a member at any time. 

6. Organizationl Voting

When an Organization is called on to vote, it has 7 days to conduct and
publically report the results of the vote, and how each member voted,
unless the rules call for a different amount of time. If everyone who is
elligible to cast a vote in a given has done so, the restults may be
anounced before the voting period ends. For the purposes of this rule, the
composition of an Organization is taken to be its composition at the end
of any voting or decision period. Acting members are consdered to be
members in place of the members they are acting for.

7. Unique Organization
This section takes precedence over all rules concerning Unique
Organizations, and all rules concerning Organizational Powers. It is
impermissible for Unique Organizations to use Organizational Powers. If a
Uniquie Organization comes to own an Organizational Power, by any means,
then that Organizational Power has no effect on that Organization. Unique
Organization memberhsip is defined by the rules defining the Unique
Organizations in question. If membership is not defined for a specific
Unique Organization, then it has no members.

"

II.Ammend R411 "Senate" by replacing the string "an Institution" with the
string "a Unique Organization"

III. Ammend R1303 "Synod" by replacing the string "an Institution" with
the string "a Unique Organization"

IV. Ammend R1040 "Party Hall" by replacing the string "an Institution"
with the string "a Unique Organization"

V. Ammend R420.2 "Ackanomic History Guild" by replacing the string "an
Institution" with the string "a Unique Organization"

VI. Create a new rule entiteld :"Setting one's affairs in order" which
contains the following text:
"Exactly on week after this rule is enacted, for each non-Unique
Organization which has fewer than three members, the following things
happen:
1. Each Organization Power it owns is destroyed, and an amount of A$ equal
tot he cost of that Organization Power is transferred from the Treasury
to that Organization.
2. Each Trinket it owns is destroyed for A$.
3. Any other entity it owns is transferred to  the Treasury
4. All the A$ are divided equally between the members of the Organization,
such that each members receives the integer part of s/n A$ where s is the
number of A$ owned by the Organization, and n is the number of members,
any remaining A$ are trasferred to the Treasury {{a quick figuring will
show you that this remainder will amount to 2A$ at the most]]}}
5. The Organization is then disbanded

After all this is done for each non-Unique Organizationwith less than
three members, this rule repeals itself.
"

VII.
Create a new rule entitled "More Than human" which contains the following
text:
"
A More Than Human is an Organizational Power. An Organization may buy a
More Than Human for A$200.

An Organization that has a More Than Human is allowed to have non-player
Entities as members, provided that said Entities are capable of expressing
eir consent in the public forum, or that the rules allow for some
method by which said Entities can become members of Organizations.
"

VIII. Repeal R1001 "Institutions."

IX. In R1240.1 section III.2 delete the text "any Institution,"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 03:21:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2342

Proposal 2342
Auction them Entities
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create a new rule entitled "Auction then Entities" which contains the
following text:
" 
An Auction them Entities Hearing may be called by a player if that player
did not call an Auction them Entities Hearing in that calendar month, and
if no player called an Auction them Entities Hearing within the same week.
When a player calles an Auction them Entities hearing e must specify the
name of a Tradable Ownable Entity which is in the Treasury. The
Appropriate responses for such a Hearing are "Auction that Precious
Antique", and "Leave that junk in the Warehouse" If the verdict of the
Hearing is "Auction that Precious Antique" then the player who called for
the Hearing shall Auction the Entitity he named when calling the Hearing
in a public Auction. If the verdict is "Leave that junk in the Warehouse"
then no action is taken.

"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 03:34:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2335 accepted

Results of Proposal 2335

12/16 votes: Quorum achieved
10/11 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
breadbox
mr cwm              (Munchkin Haven)
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Balsamic Dragon
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Vulcan Unity Vote

    NO:
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)

    PRESENT:
Fortunato
Karma               (Harf)

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Archie Leach
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan

    PENDING:
SonOfWu
Darth Vader

> Proposal 2335 - Fri 17 Oct 1997 02:10:18
> Fixing the IP Loophole
> Malenkai (Randy Hall)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> {{[this makes sure IPs work as intended, meaning they are resolved
> exactly 3 days after they are called, meaning no officer can delay
> either the call or the tabulation, as both events are will now be
> publically knowable at the time.]}}
> 
> -----------------------
> 
> Amend rule 404, "Offices, Impeachment", to append the following
> to the end of section (ii):
> 
> "All votes on the IP shall be cast in the public forum."

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:23:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2336 accepted

Results of Proposal 2336

11/16 votes: Quorum achieved
12/12 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
ThinMan             (Vulcan)
Malenkai            (Vulcan)
Karma               (Harf)
/dev/joe            (Vulcan)
breadbox
Alfvaen             (MetaMorph)
mr cwm              (Munchkin Haven)
Vynd                (Vulcan)
Fortunato
Balsamic Dragon
Niccolo Flychuck    (MetaMorph)
Vulcan Unity Vote

    NO:

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Red Barn
Rex Mundi
Archie Leach
Calvin N Hobbes     (Harf)
two-star            (MetaMorph)

    VACATIONING:
norpan

    PENDING:
SonOfWu
Darth Vader

> Proposal 2336 - Fri 17 Oct 1997 17:02:57
> Itch Mitchison's Shuttle Crash
> Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)
> 
> This is a Modest proposal.
> 
> {{All players with the Itch are cured of it.}}
> 
> Amend Rule 909, "Steel Flea", as follows:
> 
> Replace the text "If it is ever the case that there are three (or more)
> players who consecutively found Phoebe's matchbox, but failed to post her
> wisdom," with "If it is ever the case that the most recent three (or more)
> players who found Phoebe's matchbox have all failed to post her wisdom,"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #184
*********************************