Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #166
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Wednesday, October 1 1997     Volume 02 : Number 166

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:12:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2316

Proposal 2316
Remembering Beldin's Parka
two-star (Alexandre Muniz)

This is a modest proposal

{{I am not submitting this because I have a vendetta against the Museum,
but because the current interpretation of the rules is at variance
with the intuitive interpretation.}}

Amend rule 850 (Museum) by replaceing the paragraph:

"Objects may not be removed or stolen from the Museum except as
described by the rules. Any person caught stealing from the Museum, as
described in the rules, shall go to Gaol with a sentence of 7 days per
object pilfered, in addition to any other penalties described in the
rules."

with the following paragraph:

"Entities may not be removed or stolen from the Museum except as
described by the rules. Any person caught stealing from the Museum, as
described in the rules, shall go to Gaol with a sentence of 7 days per
object pilfered, in addition to any other penalties described in the
rules. If the Museum loses an entity displayed there, and the rules do
not describe how that entity is manipulated thereby, that entity is
transfered to the Treasury, and it ceases to be on display in the
museum."

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:13:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2317

Proposal 2317
Teeming Masses
two-star (Alexandre Muniz)

This is a modest proposal.

Amend rule 1003 (organizations,) by replacing the text:

"The Size of an Organization is the number of members it has. Terms such 
as 'larger' and 'smallest', when applied to Organizations, refer to the
Sizes of the Organizations being compared. [For example, to say that one 
organization is larger than another is to say that it has more
members.]"

with,

"The Size of an Organization is the number of members it has. Terms such 
as 'larger' and 'smallest', when applied to Organizations, refer to the
Sizes of the Organizations being compared. [For example, to say that one 
organization is larger than another is to say that it has more
members.] Joining an organization with a Size of over 249 members is a 
Crime."

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:13:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2318

Proposal 2318
Squidging the tax loophole, foolishly.
two-star (Alexandre Muniz)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

{{[This doesn't fix the tax loophole, but it will require players to
cooperate in order to best take advantage of it. Also note that "banks"
can try to make up their costs by charging for banking services, (well,
assuming any other loopholes are fixed, (working on it,)) and for
organizational powers beyond the non-bank wealth cutoff.]}}

Create a rule numbered 1114, entitled Banking Licenses, with the
following text:

A Banking License is an organizational power. An organization may buy a
Banking License for 200 A$.

If any organization without a Banking License at any time owns more than
250 A$, the difference between the number of A$ owned by the
organization, and 250 A$, divided by the number of members of the
organization, then rounded up, is immediately transfered to each member
of the organization.

The preceding paragraph shall have no effect until 7 days after this
rule was created. At that time this paragraph shall delete itself. [This
is to allow organizations time to buy Banking Licenses if they wish.]

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #166
*********************************