Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #164
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Monday, September 29 1997     Volume 02 : Number 164

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2313

Proposal 2313
Simplified Internomic Interface
Malenkai (Randy Hall)

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[Gist: does not change the current functionalty that any player is
permitted to vote on an Internomic matter, and that the prez breaks ties,
and that no quorum is required.  Does remove the requirement to track
membership of the PCI, does remove the annoying comtempt result and the
requirememt for several harfers to track its effects, and does remove the
annoying procedure that no one can seem to remember or get right.  In
short, same functionality, simpler implementation.

Also, makes the attitude change a simple proposal rather than a 60%
vote of the PCI + senate.  More simplification.
]}}

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I.  Amend rule 419.2, "Internomic Interface", as follows:

A. Change the body of section III to read:

"
Whenever Ackanomic is permitted to vote upon any matter in Internomic, the
Liaison shall initiate a binding Hearing to determine how e should cast 
Ackanomic's vote in Internomic. The valid responses in this Hearing shall be
the valid votes the Liaison may cast on the matter in Internomic.  This 
Hearing shall have a voting period of 7 days, and in the case where the 
results are inconclusive, the President shall, as a public action, decide how 
the Liaison casts Ackanomic's vote.
"

B. Change the body of section V to read:

"
The Attitude of Ackanomic toward any other member nomic of InterNomic shall be
changed as directed by the Rules of Ackanomic, and in no other circumstances.
[in other words, it shall be  changed when a proposal is accepted that contains
a rule change directing such a change of attitude].
"

C. Remove section VI [This is the PCI section].

- ---

II.  Amend rule 360, "Hearings", to replace:

"
The Hearing shall end when it has been in session for three days. When it ends,
it ceases to be in session. 

Once a Hearing has ended, it has a verdict. The verdict of the Hearing is 
whichever valid response was given by the most Players, and other entities
capable of voting in hearings, in response to the Hearing, if exactly one 
valid response holds this distinction. Otherwise, if there is a tie among 
two or more responses, the verdict shall be whichever of the tied responses 
appears first in the Rule defining them. If no responses were received while 
theHearing was in session, the verdict shall be "Never mind." Count Tabula has
the Duty of announcing the verdicts of Hearings with all due haste. 
"

with:

"
The Hearing shall end when it has been in session for three days, unless 
another rule defines a longer period of time for a particular Hearing.
When it ends, it ceases to be in session. 

Once a Hearing has ended, it has a verdict. The verdict of the Hearing is 
whichever valid response was given by the most Players, and other entities
capable of voting in hearings, in response to the Hearing, if exactly one 
valid response holds this distinction. Otherwise, if there is a tie among 
two or more responses, or there were no responses, the result of the Hearing
is said to be inconclusive.

When the results of a Hearing are inconclusive, the verdict shall be whichever 
of the tied responses appears first in the Rule defining them, unless the rule
for a particular Hearing defines an alternative way to resolve the inclusive
Hearing.
"

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #164
*********************************