Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #158
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Sunday, September 21 1997     Volume 02 : Number 158

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 00:26:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2312

Proposal 2312
The Bite is Worse than the Bark
Vynd (John McCoy)

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 909 Steel Flea by adding the following text to the end of the
next to last paragraph:

If it is ever the case that there are three (or more) players who
consecutively found Phoebe's matchbox, but failed to post her wisdom, then
conditions are right for an outbreak of the Itch.  When conditions are
right, any player who was the third most recent person to find Phoebe's
matchbox will develop a case of the Itch.

The Itch is a dangerous medical disorder.  Player's with a case of the
Itch are very uncomfortable.  They have an overwhelming desire to scratch
all over their bodies.  While little is known about this disorder, it is
considered extremely contagious.  Accordingly, players suffering from the
Itch are placed under quarantine in their homes.  While under quarantine,
they may not leave their homes, and other players may not enter them,
unless required to by the Rules.

There are three known cures for the Itch.  Any player who has been
afflicted with the Itch for 3 consecutive weeks will then recover.  Any
player who posts a poem of 5 lines or more in praise of Phoebe, the Steel
Flea, recovers immediately, unless they are the Poet Laureate, in which
case the poem must be at least 15 lines.  Finally, if any player, in
accordance with this Rule, posts the wisdom of Phoebe, then all players
afflicted with a case of the Itch immediately recover.  It is customary
for these players to be extremely grateful towards the person who cured
them.

{{[This my favorite of a few ideas I've had for freshening Phoebe up and
perhaps encouraging people to post SOME kind of wisdom from her.  Even if
you don't like this idea, I encourage you to keep her in the rules.  I
can't imagine she's really THAT much of a bother to track, and if people
don't post wisdom very often these days, that just makes those few pearls
we do recieve all the more precious.  What can I say, I really like
Phoebe, she once told me "There is no Dana, only Zuul."  Oh, wait, that 
was someone else...]}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #158
*********************************