Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #155
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest    Wednesday, September 17 1997    Volume 02 : Number 155

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2309

Proposal 2309
The White Paper
Vynd (John McCoy)

Create a new Rule with the title The Orange Menace, numbered 390, with the
following text:

The Orange Menace exists!  Somewhere out there, deep in the Wilds of
Ackanomic, it lurks, plotting against truth, justice, and the Ackan way.
It is the responsibility of every Ackazen to root out the Orange
Menace wherever they find it.  It is the specific duty of the President to
marshall the forces of Acka against the Orange Menace at home or abroad.
It is a privilege of the Senators to attack the President for being too
weak on the Orange Menace, regardless of how effective e actually is.

The Orange Menace has captured the nomic known as The Pumpkin Patch.  This
once noble nomic has become a haven for such degenerates as the
flea-hater, the Goose-Cooker, and the loophole surfing expert.
Furthermore, they are the direct sponsors of Orange activity in Acka, the
very Agents of Orange in our land.  Only by ending the Orange Menace's
grip on The Pumpkin Patch can the fair land of Ackanomic ever hope to be
free of the threat that the Orange Menace poses to all we hold dear.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 11:07:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2310

Proposal 2310
Forgery Tweak
two-star (Alexandre Muniz)

This is a modest proposal
{{[Gist: I voted against the initial forgery proposal as a freedom of 
expression in trinket names issue, but also because most instances of 
forgeries would be meant to honor the player named, not to deceive 
anyone as to who its creator is. This will also make things more 
interesting when somebody tries StEo Efind the curious clock . . .]}}
ammmend rule 506 "Trinkets" by replacing the sentence,
"Upon it being publically knowable that a Trinket is a forgery, it is 
transferred to the Treasury."
with,
"Upon it becoming publically knowable that a Trinket is a forgery, it is 
transferred to the Treasury, unless the player name contained in its 
name is that of a currently active player, in which case it is 
transferred to that player."

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #155
*********************************