Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #153
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Monday, September 15 1997     Volume 02 : Number 153

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:39:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2305

>Proposal 2305

  Vvvooottteee yyyeeesss...  Nnnooottt fffuuunnnyyy...

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:41:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Proposal 2294 rejected

>> E must specify the entity or entities to be exported, and the name of the
>> nomic it is to be transferred to. E should also specify the name of the
>> player/entity  within that nomic it is to be transferred to [some nomic
>> may not be able to accept transfers without the name of the recipient] and

  I wish to export my house to Rishonomic, oh Synod.
#transfer A$50 Red Barn, Synod

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2306

Proposal 2306
This, Too, Shall Pass
Guy Fawkes (Robert Shimmin)

In Rule 303, Section I, replace, "A valid rule number is one or two 
positive integers." with "A valid rule number is one or two integers."

Create a new Rule, numbered 0, entitled "The Scissors of Damocles" with 
text as follows, delimited by SNIP.

SNIP

{{Repeal Rule 2304, if it exists.

If Rule 555 exists, renumber it to 1}}.

Should the Official Meaning of Garboodly ever be, "taking precedence over 
all other Rules," the following procedure shall take place, the steps 
occurring in the order in which they appear in this Rule.

1.  The last paragraph of Rule 1 is amended to read in full,  
"Should Rule 0 ever repeal itself, Rule 303, Section I, shall be 
amended by changing "one or two integers" to "one or two positive 
integers".  This paragraph shall then be deleted."
2.  Rule -1 is repealed.
3.  This Rule repeals itself.

This rule is Garboodly.  Until such time as a Nonsense Words Commission 
shall establish an Official Meaning for Garboodly, it shall mean, "taking 
precedence over all Rules except Rule 1."

SNIP

Create a new Rule, numbered -1, entitled "Nonsense Words Commission" with 
text as follows, delimited by HOOPY.

HOOPY

A Nonsense Words Commission is a Type of Hearing.  One occurs whenever a 
Rule calls for a Nonsense Words Commission, specifying the word that it 
is being called with respect to, and two or more potential Official 
Meanings for that word.

The valid responses to a Nonsense Words Commission are the potential 
Offical Meanings specified by the Rule calling for it.  [For example, if 
a Rule called for a Nonsense Words Commission with respect to the word 
Jillynubly, giving "purple" and "a rare species of Australian hedgehog" 
as potential Official Meanings, the valid responses in the Hearing would 
be "purple" and "a rare species of Australain hedgehog"].

Due to the serious nature of Nonsense Words Commissions, no votes cast by 
entities other than playes shall count in determining the verdict of the 
Nonsense Words Commission.

If the verdict of a Nonsense Words Commission is anything other than 
"Never mind," the verdict shall become the Official Meaning of the word 
the Nonsense Words Commission was called with respect to, replacing 
whatever Official Meaning that word might already have, should it already 
have one.

An Official Meaning is not a Rule, nor part of any Rule.  It is instead 
an explicit part of currently accepted game custom, determining how the 
word it is the Official Meaning of should be interpeted when it appears 
in the Rules.

Upon the addition of this Rule to the Ruleset, a Nonsense Words 
Commission shall be called with respect to the word "Garboodly."  The 
potential Official Meanings, and hence the valid responses to this 
Nonsense Words Commission, are "taking precedence over all other Rules" 
and "immediately self-repealing."

This rule is Garboodly.  Until such time as a Nonsense Words Commission 
shall establish an Official Meaning for Garboodly, it shall mean, "taking 
precedence over all Rules except Rule 1."

HOOPY

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:55:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2307

Proposal 2307
Buckin' for Promotion
Balsamic Dragon (Vivan Norwood)

Create Rule 555 entitled
Buckin' for Promotion

delimited by HAHA

HAHA
A valid Rule number is one or two positive integers.  All rules which
have an invalid rule number are repealed.
HAHA

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #153
*********************************