Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #146
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest     Saturday, September 6 1997     Volume 02 : Number 146

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 04:22:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2293

Proposal 2293
Cults have their Day
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Ammend R1301 "Church" in the following ways:

I. Ammend section 8 to read in full:

"
a. If a Church ever has no Priest, or (Heaven Forbid!) fewer than zero
Priests, or fewer than four members, it is transformed into a Cult.

b. The Cult has the same name as the Church and retains ownership of all
the assets and entities of the Church, however it is impermissible for the
Cult to trade, to use any Organizational Powers, and it is not eligible
for a Seat in the Synod. This takes precedence over R1003.

c. For purposes of membership, the Church Founder is considered a Priest. 

d. Any function that can be performed by a Priest, can also be performed
by the Church Founder. 

e. Any Priest who leaves the a Church ceasea to a Priest of that Church.
A Priest who is no longer a Priest of any Church ceases to be a Priest.

f. A player who joins a Cult and was previously a Priest or a Founder of
the Church that was transfomred into that Cult, becomes a Priest of that
Cult.

g. If a Cult has at least four members, at least one of which is a Priest
of that Cult, it can transform itself inot a Church, as an Organizational
Action.

h. A Cult is an Organization.

"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2294

Proposal 2294
Entity Transfer Protocol
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Create a new rule entitled :"Entity Transfer Protocal Rule Suite"
which contains the following text:

"
1. The Synod has the duty of handling all transfer of Entities into and
out of  Ackanomic, except when the Synod is not in Session, in which case
this duty falls to the President, or to an Acting Smuggler, appointed by
President for this purpose.  Whenever this rule referes to the Synod, it
shall be interpreted as a refference to the Synod, or whoever replaces it
in the duties described in this rule, unless specifically stated
otherwise.

2.Entities may only exported to, or imported from, other nomics which are 
members of Internomic. Should be there an question as to which
player/entity in another nomic is responsible for handling
imports/exports, then the Synod will question the Internomic Liasion of
that nomic, and will accept eir reply as the official reply of that nomic.

3. The Synod may  export an entity only if meets the following
criteria:

a. It is Tradable.
b. It has a valid Entity Profile.
c. The transfer was initiated by the entity's owner.

4. An entity's profile must specify values for the following properties,
which must be assiged to the entity in its nomic of origin:
 a. Entity Behavior Rule
 b. Nomic of origin

5.Export Procedure:
An entity's owner informs the Synod that e wishes to export an entity
or entities.
E must specify the entity or entities to be exported, and the name of the
nomic it is to be transferred to. E should also specify the name of the
player/entity  within that nomic it is to be transferred to [some nomic
may not be able to accept transfers without the name of the recipient] and
is encouraged to provide a valid Entity Profile for each entity to be
exported. If e does provide an Entity Profile, then he may request that
the Synod write one for em, in exchange for A$50 per Entity Profile which
are transfered from the owner to the Synod.  
The Synod then notifies the receiving nomic, or the player/entity within
that nomic whose job it is to imprt entities. 
If the receiving nomic rejects the transfer, then the Synod makes a public
anouncement to that effect, and the owner of the entities retains
ownership of those entities. A receivng nomic which failed to respond
within 7 days of the notification, is deemed to have rejected the
transfer.
The transfer does not take place until it has been both an official
anuncement has been made both by in Ackanomic and in the receiving nomic
that the transfer is being made.
Once the transfer has been made, the entity is no longer by tracked by any
Ackanomic Officer. If it has a corresponding Entity Behaviro Rule, then
that rule is repealed from the Entity Transfer Protocol Rule Suite.
If the entity is defined by a rule which specifies either implicitly,
or explicitly, the number of such entities that exist in Ackanomic, then a
statment is appended to that rule that specifies that NUM entities of this
type are currently not in Ackanomic.

 6. An entity may only be imported into acka if it has a valid
Entity Profile. 

7. Import procedure - 
a. The Synod is notified by a player/entity of another nomic who is
responsible for Exporting entities from that nomic.
b. If the entity does not meet the import criteria the Synod must reject
the transfer.
c. The Synod may ammend a short prefix to the name of an imported entity
to avoid breaking the rules of Ackanomic
d. If more than one entity is being transferred, the Synod handles each
entity indidually.
e. Within 7 days of receiving the notification, the Synod must take one of
the following public actions:
  (i) Accept the entity.
      - The Synod adds the Entity Behavior Rule of the imported entity
         as a member of the Entity Transfer Protocol Rule Suite.
	If Ackanomic is the nomic of origin of such an entity,
	and, in the judgement of the Synod, the Entity Behavior Rule
	is sufficiently similar to an Ackanomic rule which describes the 
	entity, then the Synod does not need to add it to the
	Entity Transfer Protocal Rule Suite.
      - The Synod transfer the entity to the intended recipient.
	If no there is no intended recipient, or the intended can't
	leglly receive the entity, then the entity becomes unowned
     -  The Synod may specify a Customs Fee to be transferred to 
	it from the recipient. If there is no recipient, it is transferred
	from the Treasury. 
     -  If any player feels the Customs Fee is too high, e may call
	for a Customs Fee Hearing. When such a hearing is called,
  	payment of the Customs Fee is delayed until the results of the
	Hreading are made publically knowable. The appropriate responses 
	for this Hearing are "This is Highway Robbery", "The Synod deserve
	this for their hard work". If most of the responses are "This is
     	highway Robbery", then the Customs Fee is set to 0.
 	If most of the responses "The Synod deserve this for their hard
	work" then the Customs Fee is unchanged.
     -	If anyone other the Synod currently performs the duties described 
	in this rule, then they are not allowed to ask, or receive a
	Customs Fee. A Customs Fee Hearing does not delay the transfer
	of the entities.

  (ii) Publically post a recommandation as to accepting/rejecting the
	entity. In this case, an Import Hearing is called. The apropriate
	responses for this Hearing is "Trash that foreign junk", and 
	"That import is way cool". If most of the responses are "Trash	
	that foreign junk" then the transfer is rejected. If most of
	the responses are "That import is way cool" then the transfer is
   	accepted, and the procedure in the previous section is carried
	out.

f. Rejection of an entity transfer does not require any special action,
although it is considered good form to notify the nomic that attempted the
transfer.
g. Once an entity is imported is has the following properties : Tradeable,
Ownable.

"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 10:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2295

Proposal 2295
And So The Ring Was Lost For An Age
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 511, "Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die", as follows:

Append to the third paragraph the sentence "Majiks are tradeable
entities."  {{[ It seems logical enough that Majiks shouldn't be
gift entities anymore... ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 11:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2287 rejected

Results of Proposal 2287

11/19 votes: Quorum achieved
4/11 YES votes: Proposal rejected

[Financier - please note the deduction of A$25 and 1 Bonus Vote from
Guy Fawkes' account.]

    YES:
Malenkai           (Vulcan)
Rex Mundi
two-star
norpan

    NO:
ThinMan            (Vulcan)
/dev/joe           (Vulcan)
Guy Fawkes         (Munchkin Haven)
Bonus Vote         (Guy Fawkes)
Tammany            (Guy Fawkes: A$25)
breadbox
Niccolo Flychuck

    PRESENT:
Alfvaen            (Harf)
Archie Leach

    ABSTAINED:
Oneiros
Balsamic Dragon
Vynd               (Vulcan)
mr cwm             (Munchkin Haven)
Red Barn
Calvin N Hobbes    (Harf)
Robert Sevin       (Harf)
Karma              (Harf)

> Proposal 2287 - Sat 30 Aug 1997 14:13:28
> If your right hand offends you
> two-star (Alexandre Muniz)
> 
> Repeal Rule 1005 "Organizational Action"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 14:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2296

Proposal 2296
Set SwingPoint right
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

This is a Modest proposal

{{All Existing Swingpoints are destroyed. 40 Swingpoints are created
and randomly distributed between all the active players.}}

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #146
*********************************