Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #145
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest      Friday, September 5 1997      Volume 02 : Number 145

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:01:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2291

Proposal 2291
Breaking The Protection Racket
Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

Amend Rule 595, "Gadgets", as follows:

Replace the existing text of clause (vi)

{{[

(vi) A Gadget may create, destroy, or manipulate a Protected entity
if its Blueprint so specifies. [So, Gadgets can affect other
Gadgets, create points, and so on, as long as this behaviour does
not conflict with the Rules.]

]}}

with the following(delimited by PREFAB):

PREFAB

(vi) A Gadget may create, destroy, or manipulate an entity if its
Blueprint so specifies, as long as this behaviour does not conflict
with the Rules.

PREFAB

Renumber clause (vii) as clause (viii).

Insert as clause (vii) the following text(delimited by ALBUQUERQUE):

ALBUQUERQUE

(vii) A Gadget may become Broken as specified by its Blueprint, or by other
means, unless its Blueprint specifies that it is indestructible.  A Gadget
that is Broken will not perform any of the functions specified in its
Blueprint, unless its Blueprint specifies otherwise.

ALBUQUERQUE

{{ Amend the Blueprint for the Butler as follows:

Append the sentence "A Butler is a mechanical Gadget." to the first
paragraph.  In the third paragraph, replace the first occurrence of the
word "entities" with "tradeable entities".  Before the last sentence of
that paragraph, insert the sentence "Any entities on the list are still
considered to be owned by the Butler's owner until they are traded."

[Hopefully this will fix any problems with the Butler.]
}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2292

Proposal 2292
Otzma Reform
Niccolo Flychuck (Uri Bruck)

Ammend R1240.1 "Definition of Otzma Cards" in the following ways:

I. Ammend section II.1 to read in full :"At any given time the number of
Otzma Cards in Ackanomic may not exceed 100."

II. Ammmend section III.4 to read in full:
"
When an Otzma day starts, the RuneMaker determines the following values:
a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since the beginning of the
previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day, the LSAP is calculated from
the beginning of the game of Ackanomic. The ordering of proposals, for
this purpose, is by numerical order of proposal number, as for a Chrome
Streak. 

"

III Ammend section III.6 to read in full:
"
a. There are two methods the RuneMaker can use to create Otzma Cards.
Probablistic, and Deterministic. For each Otzma Card, the RuneMaker shall
make a random determination that will determine the method used, with
equal probabilites.

b. The Deterministic method - theRuneMaker selcets an Otzma Card type
among the legal Otzma Card types and creates it.

c. The Probabilistic method - the RuneMaker the type of the new Otzma Card
by randomly selecting a type among the legal Otzma Card types. The
probability of an Otzma Card type being selected depends upon its
F-Designation. The default F-Designation is Normal. All Normal Card types
have the same probability of being selected. Cards with an F-Designation
of Rarae have one third the probability as Normal Cards. Cards with the
F-Designation of Common, have three times the probability of beng
selected.

d. Rules that define Otzma Cards may define an F-Designation for that type
of Otzma Cards. 
{{[I was thinking of adding a clause that allows rules to specify ways to
temporarily change the F-Designation, which will be reset at the end of an
Otzma Day, that seemes like a bit much to track. I'd rather try it like
this first, we can add it later. Anyway, there are sufficient to make
Otzma Cards]}}

e. The maximum number of Otzma Cards that the RuneMaker may create on a
single Otzma Day is equal to the LSAP. If the LSAP is equal to or greater
than 10, and it is permissible to create Otzma Cards, then the RuneMaker
must create at least 1 Otzma Card.

f. It is impermissible to create an Otzma Card if creting that Card will
exceed any Instance limits specified for Otzma Cards by the rules {{[this
allows specifying instance limits not only for single types, as we do now,
but also instance limits for one type that depend on the existence of
other types]}}

g. At the end of the Otzma Day the RuneMaker publically posts a list of
the the Otzma Cards he created, and initiates an Auction (public  or
private at eir discretion)  for each group of OTzma Cards, where the Cards
are grouped by distinct type. Auctions are conducted as specified by R516.

"

{{[Note that both F-designations and Instance are ways of regulating Otzma
Cards, also it is now possible to create mroe Otzma Cards, originally I
intended to accumulate slowly. When Cards were used, they were used in
waves. I sends that another period of Otzma may come upon us. Note that
ths rpoposal does away with the more tedious calculations. It also
replaces the phrase "Otzma Cards in existence" with "Otzma Cards in
Ackanomic". This may appear superflous, but I intend to propose ETP soon,
and since there is no reason for us to track entities tha have been
exported, it seemed a beter way to phrase it]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:11:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2285 accepted

Results of Proposal 2285

11/19 votes: Quorum achieved
8/11 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Alfvaen            (Harf)
breadbox
Oneiros
Rex Mundi
Archie Leach
Guy Fawkes         (Munchkin Haven)
two-star
norpan

    NO:
Malenkai           (Vulcan)
ThinMan            (Vulcan)
/dev/joe           (Vulcan)

    PRESENT:

    ABSTAINED:
Balsamic Dragon
Niccolo Flychuck
Vynd               (Vulcan)
mr cwm             (Munchkin Haven)
Red Barn
Calvin N Hobbes    (Harf)
Robert Sevin       (Harf)
Karma              (Harf)

> Proposal 2285 - Fri 29 Aug 1997 12:03:34
> I'd Rather Just Make Doubly Sure That This Will Get Done Eventually
> breadbox
> 
> Repeal Rule 1, "Let's Be Clear About This".
> 
> Repeal Rule 5001, "Concerning Government".
> 
> In Rule 417, "Justices Rock", remove all occurences of the text "4) An
> AOJ that nullifies a Senatorial decision either to accept or to reject
> a Senate Resolution."
> 
> Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions".

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:51:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2286 accepted

Results of Proposal 2286

11/19 votes: Quorum achieved
6/9 YES votes: Proposal accepted

    YES:
Alfvaen            (Harf)
Oneiros
Rex Mundi
/dev/joe           (Vulcan)
Archie Leach
two-star

    NO:
Malenkai           (Vulcan)
Guy Fawkes         (Munchkin Haven)
norpan

    PRESENT:
breadbox
ThinMan            (Vulcan)

    ABSTAINED:
Balsamic Dragon
Niccolo Flychuck
Vynd               (Vulcan)
mr cwm             (Munchkin Haven)
Red Barn
Calvin N Hobbes    (Harf)
Robert Sevin       (Harf)
Karma              (Harf)

> Proposal 2286 - Fri 29 Aug 1997 13:41:02
> I'll See You After School
> Alfvaen (Aaron Humphrey)
> 
> Amend Rule 207, "Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results Are Reported", as
> follows:
> 
> Replace the existing text of Section IV
> 
> {{[
>      IV. Effect of Proposals which do not meet Quorum
>      If a proposal does not meet quorum, each active player who was not
>      on vacation and abstained on the proposal shall lose 5 points and
>      become non-voting. The events which Rule 254 generates when a
>      player voluntarily changes to non-voting status do not occur in
>      this case, but if a player who became non-voting by this rule does
>      not become a voting player within a week of having become
>      non-voting, then the events in Rule 254 are carried out as if the
>      player voluntarily became non-voting. Players who become non-voting
>      in this manner do not lose offices they hold because of doing so,
>      until they have remained non-voting for one week; this takes
>      precedence over rule 401.
> ]}}
> 
> with the following(delimited by CARWASH):
> 
> CARWASH
> 
> IV. Effect of Proposals which do not meet Quorum
> 
> If a proposal does not meet quorum, each active player who was not on
> vacation and abstained on the proposal shall lose 5 points and receive
> a Puppet Head(a nontradeable entity), if e does not already have one.
> A player with a Puppet Head may get rid of it by saying "Memo to myself:
> Do the dumb things I gotta do.  Touch the puppet head." [They Might Be
> Giants, "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head", "They Might Be Giants"]
> in a public message.  After a player has possessed a Puppet Head for
> seven consecutive days, e immediately becomes a non-voting player,
> with all the events in Rule 254 occurring as if the player voluntarily
> became non-voting.  The Puppet Head is then destroyed.
> 
> CARWASH

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #145
*********************************