Subject: acka-voting-digest V2 #135
From: [email-masked] (acka-voting-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-voting-digest       Sunday, August 24 1997       Volume 02 : Number 135

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 14:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Proposal 2281

Proposal 2281
This'll never work
Vynd (John McCoy)

Create a new rule with the title Unofficial catchphrases, numbered 1140.
Text will be as follows:

Any player may establish or change their unofficial catchphrase by
publicly announcing their new catchphrase.  This announcement should
include a great deal of fanfare and grandstanding.  The catchphrase itself
should be a minimum of 4 words in length, and no more than 20.  A player
may eliminate their catchphrase by announcing that they no longer have an
unofficial catchphrase.

Players should take every reasonable opportunity to use their unofficial
catchphrases, both in conversation and in proposals.  If a proposal passes
which contains a player's unofficial catchphrase, he is pleased, and is
permitted to partake in a brief victory dance.

Players who do not have an unofficial catchphrase may, if they dislike
another player's catchphrase, announce their objection by stating in a
public message "I think X's catchphrase bites!" where X is the name of a
player with an unofficial catchphrase.  If two other players publicly
state their agreement with this announcement within 3 days, then the
catchphrase in question will be eliminated.  If, however, the player whose
catchphrase was objected to changes or eliminates it voluntarily before
two players agree with the objection, then the objection will be canceled. 
A player whose catchphrase is elminiated due to objection may not announce a
new unofficial catchphrase until a proposal, written by him and containing
the unofficial catchphrase of another player, passes.

------------------------------

End of acka-voting-digest V2 #135
*********************************