Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #129
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest    Thursday, July 31 1997    Volume 02 : Number 129

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:33 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2263

Proposal 2263
Checks & Balances
Alfvaen

Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions" {{[if it exists]}}.

Create a new Rule, numbered 411.1, named "Senate Resolutions", with the
following text(delimited by BEEFEATER):

BEEFEATER
   
The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution at most once per
calendar month by publicly posting its text. The officer
introducing the resolution shall then post a presumptuous,
ostentatious speech, at least as long as the text of the
resolution, explaining why the resolution should be accepted.

If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to
the effect that the following text is a Senate Resolution and a
provisional title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered
an Incompetent Political Buffoon for the following three days.
Otherwise, a vote is initiated in the Senate on the question of
whether or not to accept the Resolution; the voting period shall be
three days for this.

If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then
immediately after the results of the vote are publicly announced
(as described in rule 1001), that resolution's text is added to the
ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player
who initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and
make victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged
to assign such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of
its existence (in order to place it in the correct section of the
rules); the Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule
to any legal name during the first seven days of its existence.

If the Senate votes against accepting the resolution then the
player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating,
draconian conservatives."

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, each Senator who votes in
favor of accepting a resolution is removed from his Senator seat at
the same time that the complete, final voting results on that
resolution are publicly announced. Senators who are removed from
their seats in this way shall not be eligible to be re-elected as
Senators for eight weeks following the removal.

This rule cannot be amended except through a Proposal submitted by a
player and distributed by the Promoter.  In particular, it cannot be
amended as the result of a Senate Resolution, even through the use of
self-deleting text.  This takes precedence over other rules which may
otherwise be considered to specify ways to amend this rule.

BEEFEATER

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:41 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2267

Proposal 2267
Get Thee Hence From My Sight
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ While the recent CFJ specifies that Church Policy can make it
Iconoclasm for a member to remain in the Church, this is not quite as
strong as I want.  I think a Church should be able to forcibly eject a
member. ]}}

Amend Rule 1301, "Church", as follows:

Replace the existing text of sections 4. a.-c.

{{[

4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.
     
b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest if and only if that
Player is a member of eir Church.
     
c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests.

]}}

with the following(delimited by AUTO-DA-FE):

AUTO-DA-FE

4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.  The Church
Founder also has the power to expel Players from eir Church; this is called
Excommunication.
     
b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest, or Excommunicate a Player,
if and only if that Player is a member of eir Church.
     
c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests and to Excommunicate.

AUTO-DA-FE

{{[ Even if we do this, though, I still think it a good idea for a CFCJ to
be able to remove a player from an Organization. ]}}

Amend Rule 710, "Criminal Justice", as follows:

Add to section 5) a clause g), with the following text(delimited by
HEATHEN):

HEATHEN

g) the REMOVAL of Player X from one or more Organizations to which e
currently belongs.

HEATHEN

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:40 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2266

Proposal 2266
Checks & Balances
Alfvaen

Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions" {{[if it exists]}}.

Create a new Rule, numbered 411.1, named "Senate Resolutions", with the
following text(delimited by BEEFEATER):

BEEFEATER
   
The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution at most once per
calendar month by publicly posting its text. The officer
introducing the resolution shall then post a presumptuous,
ostentatious speech, at least as long as the text of the
resolution, explaining why the resolution should be accepted.

If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to
the effect that the following text is a Senate Resolution and a
provisional title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered
an Incompetent Political Buffoon for the following three days.
Otherwise, a vote is initiated in the Senate on the question of
whether or not to accept the Resolution; the voting period shall be
three days for this.

If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then
immediately after the results of the vote are publicly announced
(as described in rule 1001), that resolution's text is added to the
ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player
who initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and
make victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged
to assign such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of
its existence (in order to place it in the correct section of the
rules); the Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule
to any legal name during the first seven days of its existence.

If the Senate votes against accepting the resolution then the
player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating,
draconian conservatives."

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, each Senator who votes in
favor of accepting a resolution is removed from his Senator seat at
the same time that the complete, final voting results on that
resolution are publicly announced. Senators who are removed from
their seats in this way shall not be eligible to be re-elected as
Senators for eight weeks following the removal.

This rule cannot be amended except through a Proposal submitted by a
player and distributed by the Promoter.  In particular, it cannot be
amended as the result of a Senate Resolution, even through the use of
self-deleting text.  This takes precedence over other rules which may
otherwise be considered to specify ways to amend this rule.

BEEFEATER

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:39 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2265

Proposal 2265
Burning Chrome
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ As it stands, with 'Tabulator distribution order' being the accepted
sequence, it is possible for an unscrupulous Tabulator to manipulate
Chrome Streaks and LSAP.  The Acrobot may have spoiled us.  :-)  Also,
it's easier to look at the list of proposals by number than to grovel
over the headers of email messages...  ]}}

Amend Rule 919, "Brass Monkey", by inserting the following text(delimited
by AMAZON)after the second paragraph:

AMAZON

The ordering of proposals, for the purpose of determining a Streak, shall
depend only on the numerical ordering of the Proposals.  A proposal is
considered to immediately follow another proposal either if the first's
number immediately follows the second, or the only proposals which were
assigned numbers less than the first and greater than the second were
retracted or otherwise removed from voting consideration.

AMAZON

Amend Rule 1240.1, "Definition of Otzma Cards", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by ORINOCO):

ORINOCO

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.

ORINOCO

with the following(delimited by ENYA):

ENYA

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.
The ordering of proposals, for this purpose, is by numerical order of
proposal number, as for a Chrome Streak.

ENYA

{{[ I didn't want to duplicate the entire text, or create a new fundamental
"proposal-ordering" rule; maybe I should have.  In any case, hopefully the
pointer from the LSAP definition to the Chrome Streak will function even if
Rule 919 disappears, since it will still be defined by "game custom". ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:38 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2264

Proposal 2264
Burning Chrome
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ As it stands, with 'Tabulator distribution order' being the accepted
sequence, it is possible for an unscrupulous Tabulator to manipulate
Chrome Streaks and LSAP.  The Acrobot may have spoiled us.  :-)  Also,
it's easier to look at the list of proposals by number than to grovel
over the headers of email messages...  ]}}

Amend Rule 919, "Brass Monkey", by inserting the following text(delimited
by AMAZON)after the second paragraph:

AMAZON

The ordering of proposals, for the purpose of determining a Streak, shall
depend only on the numerical ordering of the Proposals.  A proposal is
considered to immediately follow another proposal either if the first's
number immediately follows the second, or the only proposals which were
assigned numbers less than the first and greater than the second were
retracted or otherwise removed from voting consideration.

AMAZON

Amend Rule 1240.1, "Definition of Otzma Cards", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by ORINOCO):

ORINOCO

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.

ORINOCO

with the following(delimited by ENYA):

ENYA

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.
The ordering of proposals, for this purpose, is by numerical order of
proposal number, as for a Chrome Streak.

ENYA

{{[ I didn't want to duplicate the entire text, or create a new fundamental
"proposal-ordering" rule; maybe I should have.  In any case, hopefully the
pointer from the LSAP definition to the Chrome Streak will function even if
Rule 919 disappears, since it will still be defined by "game custom". ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:47 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2268

Proposal 2268
Checks & Balances
Alfvaen

Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions" {{[if it exists]}}.

Create a new Rule, numbered 411.1, named "Senate Resolutions", with the
following text(delimited by BEEFEATER):

BEEFEATER
   
The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution at most once per
calendar month by publicly posting its text. The officer
introducing the resolution shall then post a presumptuous,
ostentatious speech, at least as long as the text of the
resolution, explaining why the resolution should be accepted.

If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to
the effect that the following text is a Senate Resolution and a
provisional title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered
an Incompetent Political Buffoon for the following three days.
Otherwise, a vote is initiated in the Senate on the question of
whether or not to accept the Resolution; the voting period shall be
three days for this.

If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then
immediately after the results of the vote are publicly announced
(as described in rule 1001), that resolution's text is added to the
ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player
who initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and
make victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged
to assign such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of
its existence (in order to place it in the correct section of the
rules); the Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule
to any legal name during the first seven days of its existence.

If the Senate votes against accepting the resolution then the
player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating,
draconian conservatives."

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, each Senator who votes in
favor of accepting a resolution is removed from his Senator seat at
the same time that the complete, final voting results on that
resolution are publicly announced. Senators who are removed from
their seats in this way shall not be eligible to be re-elected as
Senators for eight weeks following the removal.

This rule cannot be amended except through a Proposal submitted by a
player and distributed by the Promoter.  In particular, it cannot be
amended as the result of a Senate Resolution, even through the use of
self-deleting text.  This takes precedence over other rules which may
otherwise be considered to specify ways to amend this rule.

BEEFEATER

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:48 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2269

Proposal 2269
Burning Chrome
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ As it stands, with 'Tabulator distribution order' being the accepted
sequence, it is possible for an unscrupulous Tabulator to manipulate
Chrome Streaks and LSAP.  The Acrobot may have spoiled us.  :-)  Also,
it's easier to look at the list of proposals by number than to grovel
over the headers of email messages...  ]}}

Amend Rule 919, "Brass Monkey", by inserting the following text(delimited
by AMAZON)after the second paragraph:

AMAZON

The ordering of proposals, for the purpose of determining a Streak, shall
depend only on the numerical ordering of the Proposals.  A proposal is
considered to immediately follow another proposal either if the first's
number immediately follows the second, or the only proposals which were
assigned numbers less than the first and greater than the second were
retracted or otherwise removed from voting consideration.

AMAZON

Amend Rule 1240.1, "Definition of Otzma Cards", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by ORINOCO):

ORINOCO

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.

ORINOCO

with the following(delimited by ENYA):

ENYA

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.
The ordering of proposals, for this purpose, is by numerical order of
proposal number, as for a Chrome Streak.

ENYA

{{[ I didn't want to duplicate the entire text, or create a new fundamental
"proposal-ordering" rule; maybe I should have.  In any case, hopefully the
pointer from the LSAP definition to the Chrome Streak will function even if
Rule 919 disappears, since it will still be defined by "game custom". ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:53 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2274

Proposal 2274
Blinding Big Brother
Alfvaen

Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions".

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:54 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2275

Proposal 2275
Checks & Balances
Alfvaen

Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions" {{[if it exists]}}.

Create a new Rule, numbered 411.1, named "Senate Resolutions", with the
following text(delimited by BEEFEATER):

BEEFEATER
   
The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution at most once per
calendar month by publicly posting its text. The officer
introducing the resolution shall then post a presumptuous,
ostentatious speech, at least as long as the text of the
resolution, explaining why the resolution should be accepted.

If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to
the effect that the following text is a Senate Resolution and a
provisional title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered
an Incompetent Political Buffoon for the following three days.
Otherwise, a vote is initiated in the Senate on the question of
whether or not to accept the Resolution; the voting period shall be
three days for this.

If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then
immediately after the results of the vote are publicly announced
(as described in rule 1001), that resolution's text is added to the
ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player
who initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and
make victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged
to assign such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of
its existence (in order to place it in the correct section of the
rules); the Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule
to any legal name during the first seven days of its existence.

If the Senate votes against accepting the resolution then the
player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating,
draconian conservatives."

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, each Senator who votes in
favor of accepting a resolution is removed from his Senator seat at
the same time that the complete, final voting results on that
resolution are publicly announced. Senators who are removed from
their seats in this way shall not be eligible to be re-elected as
Senators for eight weeks following the removal.

This rule cannot be amended except through a Proposal submitted by a
player and distributed by the Promoter.  In particular, it cannot be
amended as the result of a Senate Resolution, even through the use of
self-deleting text.

BEEFEATER

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:51 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2272

Proposal 2272
Get Thee Hence From My Sight
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ While the recent CFJ specifies that Church Policy can make it
Iconoclasm for a member to remain in the Church, this is not quite as
strong as I want.  I think a Church should be able to forcibly eject a
member. ]}}

Amend Rule 1301, "Church", as follows:

Replace the existing text of sections 4. a.-c.

{{[

4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.
     
b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest if and only if that
Player is a member of eir Church.
     
c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests.

]}}

with the following(delimited by AUTO-DA-FE):

AUTO-DA-FE

4.a. The Church Founder has the power to ordain Priests.  The Church
Founder also has the power to expel Players from eir Church; this is called
Excommunication.
     
b. A Founder may ordain a Player as a Priest, or Excommunicate a Player,
if and only if that Player is a member of eir Church.
     
c. The Founder may delegate any of his duties or authorities to the
Priesthood, except for the power to ordain Priests and to Excommunicate.

AUTO-DA-FE

{{[ Even if we do this, though, I still think it a good idea for a CFCJ to
be able to remove a player from an Organization. ]}}

Amend Rule 710, "Criminal Justice", as follows:

Add to section 5) a clause g), with the following text(delimited by
HEATHEN):

HEATHEN

g) the REMOVAL of Player X from one or more Organizations to which e
currently belongs.

HEATHEN

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:52 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2273

Proposal 2273
Burning Chrome
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ As it stands, with 'Tabulator distribution order' being the accepted
sequence, it is possible for an unscrupulous Tabulator to manipulate
Chrome Streaks and LSAP.  The Acrobot may have spoiled us.  :-)  Also,
it's easier to look at the list of proposals by number than to grovel
over the headers of email messages...  ]}}

Amend Rule 919, "Brass Monkey", by inserting the following text(delimited
by AMAZON)after the second paragraph:

AMAZON

The ordering of proposals, for the purpose of determining a Streak, shall
depend only on the numerical ordering of the Proposals.  A proposal is
considered to immediately follow another proposal either if the first's
number immediately follows the second, or the only proposals which were
assigned numbers less than the first and greater than the second were
retracted or otherwise removed from voting consideration.

AMAZON

Amend Rule 1240.1, "Definition of Otzma Cards", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by ORINOCO):

ORINOCO

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.

ORINOCO

with the following(delimited by ENYA):

ENYA

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.
The ordering of proposals, for this purpose, is by numerical order of
proposal number, as for a Chrome Streak.

ENYA

{{[ I didn't want to duplicate the entire text, or create a new fundamental
"proposal-ordering" rule; maybe I should have.  In any case, hopefully the
pointer from the LSAP definition to the Chrome Streak will function even if
Rule 919 disappears, since it will still be defined by "game custom". ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:50 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2271

Proposal 2271
Checks & Balances
Alfvaen

Repeal Rule 411.1, "Senate Resolutions" {{[if it exists]}}.

Create a new Rule, numbered 411.1, named "Senate Resolutions", with the
following text(delimited by BEEFEATER):

BEEFEATER
   
The President, the Speaker, the Supreme Court Justices, and the
Senators may each introduce a Senate Resolution at most once per
calendar month by publicly posting its text. The officer
introducing the resolution shall then post a presumptuous,
ostentatious speech, at least as long as the text of the
resolution, explaining why the resolution should be accepted.

If the text of the resolution is longer than 20 80-character lines,
or if it is not prefaced in the same document with a statement to
the effect that the following text is a Senate Resolution and a
provisional title, then the Officer who introduced it is considered
an Incompetent Political Buffoon for the following three days.
Otherwise, a vote is initiated in the Senate on the question of
whether or not to accept the Resolution; the voting period shall be
three days for this.

If the Senate votes in favor of accepting a resolution then
immediately after the results of the vote are publicly announced
(as described in rule 1001), that resolution's text is added to the
ruleset as a new rule with its initial title the specified
provisional title, and an initial number equal to the first integer
greater than 5000 which is not already a rule number. The player
who initiated the resolution is then permitted to cheer, strut, and
make victory gestures. The CSRR Officer is permitted and encouraged
to assign such a rule a new number once within the first 7 days of
its existence (in order to place it in the correct section of the
rules); the Harfmeister is permitted to once rename such a new rule
to any legal name during the first seven days of its existence.

If the Senate votes against accepting the resolution then the
player who introduced it loses 10 points and is encouraged to moan,
gripe, and complain about their choice of either "tree-hugging,
big-government, hippie liberals" or "gun-toting, poor-hating,
draconian conservatives."

Regardless of the outcome of the vote, each Senator who votes in
favor of accepting a resolution is removed from his Senator seat at
the same time that the complete, final voting results on that
resolution are publicly announced. Senators who are removed from
their seats in this way shall not be eligible to be re-elected as
Senators for eight weeks following the removal.

This rule cannot be amended except through a Proposal submitted by a
player and distributed by the Promoter.  In particular, it cannot be
amended as the result of a Senate Resolution, even through the use of
self-deleting text.  This takes precedence over other rules which may
otherwise be considered to specify ways to amend this rule.

BEEFEATER

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:58 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2250 accepted (Way too Cheap)

Proposal 2250
Way too Cheap
Malenkai

Votes cast by active players:  14 / 19 = 73.684211%
Yes:  14    No:  3     Present:  0   ...Proposal accepted.

#award Malenkai: 2 A$ : elec. potato P2250, July 30

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe
	Guy Fawkes
	Niccolo Flychuck
	breadbox
	Karma
	Vynd
	Chaos
	Techno
	Rex Mundi
	Alfvaen
	Malenkai
	ThinMan
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	two-star
	Robert Sevin

PRESENT votes:

Active players who did not vote:
	CarsesraC
	Antimatter
	You can call me Al
	fnord

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2250
Way too Cheap
Malenkai
Distributed at 22:08:42 on Saturday, 19 July 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[i wasn't here when the MN went from 541 to 199, but I think it
should go back.  Lets compromise at 379, then, since there may be
merit to that change that I missed.  Also, I apologize for requoting
the entire rule here, but some arcane stuff in r666 has amended this
thing, and I forget the gist of the floating point stuff, so the 
net effect of this is to make the MN 379]}}

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 603, "Winning by Points" to read:

"
{{set the base value of the Magic Number to 379}}

      Points are entities. It is possible for a Player to have a negative 
number of points. 

      The number of points a Player has is commonly referred to as his or 
her score; when it is specified that a Player's score is changed, the 
appropriate number of points are created or destroyed in order to 
accomplish the specified change. 

      The Magic Number is the number of points needed to win a cycle
by points. The base value of the Magic Number is 379. The Magic Number,
and its base value, may only be changed as specified by the rules. 

      If exactly one voting player has a number of points equal to or 
greater than the Magic Number, that player has achieved a Winning 
Condition. [See Rule 666 for the effects of winning a cycle.] 

      If two or more voting players reach the Magic Number at exactly 
the same time, as determined by the Scorekeeper, the Magic Number shall 
be increased by 100, or to 11 points above the highest player score,
 whichever is greater. None of the players shall win the cycle at that time. 

      If two or more voting players reach the Magic Number at substantially 
the same time, and the Scorekeeper, in a good faith attempt, cannot 
determine which of the players reached it first, then the players are
deemed to have reached the Magic Number at exactly the same time, and the
preceding paragraph shall apply. Making this determination is a duty of the
Scorekeeper. 
"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:59 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2251 accepted (A Big Dingleberry I found while trying to figure out this duel thing)

Proposal 2251
A Big Dingleberry I found while trying to figure out this duel thing
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  13 / 19 = 68.421053%
Yes:  15    No:  2     Present:  0   ...Proposal accepted.

#award /dev/joe: 2 A$ : elec. potato P2251, July 30

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe
	Guy Fawkes
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Karma
	two-star
	Chaos
	Techno
	Alfvaen
	Malenkai
	Robert Sevin
	ThinMan
	(None Yet) Unity vote
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	Vynd
	Rex Mundi

PRESENT votes:

Active players who did not vote:
	CarsesraC
	Antimatter
	You can call me Al
	breadbox
	fnord

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2251
A Big Dingleberry I found while trying to figure out this duel thing
/dev/joe
Distributed at 16:31:14 on Sunday, 20 July 1997

This is a modest proposal.

Amend R1215, 'Duels', as follows:

Change section 3 to read:

  3. When a duel is forfeited, the player who forfeited loses 6 points,
     and his opponent in the duel gains 6 points.  The seconds scores are
     not changed in this case.

{{[ It now says:

     3. Whenever a duel is forfeited,  the Challenged player loses 6
     points, and the Challenging player gains 6 points.  The Seconds scores
     are not changed in this case.

but it is possible for the Challenging player to forfeit duels by going
on vacation or to Gaol, by section 4f.  Alfvaen thus forfeited the
tromino go duel back on July 9.

Also fix some stuff to ensure it is always well-defined who forfeits: ]}}

At the end of the 4th paragraph of section 2, change
  "he is considered to have forfeited the Duel"
to:
  "the Challenged player forfeits the Duel"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:07:49 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2270

Proposal 2270
Burning Chrome
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ As it stands, with 'Tabulator distribution order' being the accepted
sequence, it is possible for an unscrupulous Tabulator to manipulate
Chrome Streaks and LSAP.  The Acrobot may have spoiled us.  :-)  Also,
it's easier to look at the list of proposals by number than to grovel
over the headers of email messages...  ]}}

Amend Rule 919, "Brass Monkey", by inserting the following text(delimited
by AMAZON)after the second paragraph:

AMAZON

The ordering of proposals, for the purpose of determining a Streak, shall
depend only on the numerical ordering of the Proposals.  A proposal is
considered to immediately follow another proposal either if the first's
number immediately follows the second, or the only proposals which were
assigned numbers less than the first and greater than the second were
retracted or otherwise removed from voting consideration.

AMAZON

Amend Rule 1240.1, "Definition of Otzma Cards", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by ORINOCO):

ORINOCO

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.

ORINOCO

with the following(delimited by ENYA):

ENYA

a. LSAP - Longest String of Accepted Proposals, since
the beginning of the previous Otzma-Day. On the first Otzma Day,
the LSAP is calculated from the beginning of the game of Ackanomic.
The ordering of proposals, for this purpose, is by numerical order of
proposal number, as for a Chrome Streak.

ENYA

{{[ I didn't want to duplicate the entire text, or create a new fundamental
"proposal-ordering" rule; maybe I should have.  In any case, hopefully the
pointer from the LSAP definition to the Chrome Streak will function even if
Rule 919 disappears, since it will still be defined by "game custom". ]}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #129
**************************************