Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #117
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Sunday, July 13 1997     Volume 02 : Number 117

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 05:23:42 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2223

Proposal 2223
More Lucrative Profits
Niccolo Flychuck

This is a Modest propsoal.

Ammend R1303 "Synod" in the following way:

In section 8 replace the text "(NoM*2)/(TotalMem*5)" with the text
"(NoM*3)/(TotalMem*5)"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 17:19:40 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2224

Proposal 2224
Inviting Friends For A Beer
Calvin N Hobbes

{{This is a Modest proposal

[ I just had a look at R846 and wondered how on Acka one was supposed to
improve the infrastructure. A$20000??? Well, though I, let's use some Karl
Marx in there. Anyone ever invite friends over to rebuild a floor, a wall,
add a room, repaint the house, refit the roof or the likes? Well we should
be able to do that too. From the labor of the working classes, their blood
and sweat, material wealth is produced...   ; )    If we look at the
numbers, it would require a normal player over 2 years to build an
extravagant building and still cost A$4000, twice as fast with all the bonuses ]

Create a rule numbered 1847 with the following text:

"There exists the concept of Labordollars (L$). These can be accumulated and
spent by a player at will, as with A$. They are non-entities. They can be
donated from player to player (only in whole numbers).

A player (the Proletariat for this rule) may donate a particular day of
labor to any player (the Bourgeois for this rule) including himself. If on
that day the Proletariat does not post any messages to the public forum then
the Bourgeois gets L$20. If the Proletariat was a scientist then the
Bourgeois gets an extra L$10. If the Proletariat owns a Majik, the Bourgeois
gets an extra L$10.

Up to 80% of the construction, destruction, rebuilding or upgrading costs of
a building may be paid for in L$, destroying those L$. This takes precedence
over R846."

[ Cheap labor is good, only draw back is that morality thing ]

Amend R261 to add as part (v) the following action for a zombie:

"(v) To do some manual labor. The Zombie cannot do anything else for one
day. It creates L$30."

[ I will retract this if officers feel it would be too much work ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 17:19:40 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2225

Proposal 2225
Homing Entities
Calvin N Hobbes

{{This is a Modest proposal

Amend R511 to add at the end of the first paragraph:

"Majik are homing tradeable entities."

Amend R256, replacing parts 3 and 4 with:

"3) If the player was never at any time Active or Non-Voting, all homing
entities are returned to their creators, all of his A$ are transferred to
the Treasury, every PFBond associated with him is destroyed, every entity
remaining in his possession is destroyed, and then the player is
deregistered. In this case, the procedure ends here.
4) If the player was at any time Active or Non-Voting, all homing entities
return to their respective owners. Procedure continues."}}

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 17:25:49 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2226

Proposal 2226
Homing Entities (part 2)
Calvin N Hobbes

{{This is a Modest proposal

Amend R1003, part  to 2 to read:

"The rules may call for the disbandment of an Organization. When an
Organization is disbanded, homing entities are returned to their creators,
everything else owned by the Organization is transferred to the Treasury,
and the Organization is then no more. A Player-sanctioned Organization is
disbanded upon it having no members."}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #117
**************************************