Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #114
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest    Thursday, July 10 1997    Volume 02 : Number 114

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 21:25:29 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2201 rejected (No mutual proxies or proxy chains)

Proposal 2201
No mutual proxies or proxy chains
two-star

Votes cast by active players:  16 / 19 = 84.210526%
Yes:  7    No:  7     Present:  3   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe
	fnord
	Alfvaen
	Rex Mundi
	Vynd
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	Antimatter
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Techno
	ThinMan
	Karma
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:
	AZTEC GOD
	breadbox
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	You can call me Al
	Calvin N Hobbes
	two-star
	CarsesraC

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 21:25:30 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2220

Proposal 2220
More Simplification
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.  Repeal rule 1303, "Synod".

{{[this thing's been around nearly 9 months now, is over-complicated,
and there seems no game advantage to paying to do this when orgs can
do, through informal agreement, what this rule tries to do, and with
much less overhead.  I was also told that it did not work, but I have
not verified that assertion myself.  Perhaps someone should explain
*why* we need this rule if we are going to keep it.  I assert that if
it was useful, it would have been used by now.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 23:46:09 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2221

Proposal 2221
Breaking things the right way
Vynd

This is a Modest proposal.

Ammend Rule 596 Mad Scientist in the following manner:

In the first sentence, insert the word optional between "an" and "Office."

In the second paragraph, replace the phrase "no such player exists,"
with: "it is impossible or illegal for the last player to take possesion
of a Frankenstein Monster to become Mad Scientist [no such player exists,
or the player is already a "real" scientist, whatver], then"

In the third paragraph, delete everything following the word Scientist
[not Scientist's, Scientist], and replace the comma following it with a
period.

At the end of the Rule, as a seperate paragraph, add the sentence "This
Rule takes precedence over all Rules on the matters of Scientists,
including Mad Scientists."

Ammend Rule 597 The Frankenstein Monster(s) in the following manner:

Delete the first paragraph and replace it with the following text,
delimited by FIRE.

FIRE

There is a class of entities known as Frankenstein Monsters.  Each
Frankenstein Monster is unique, and has it's own name.  Each Frankenstein
Monster has it's own Blueprint, which can be created in the manner
described by this, and only this, rule.  Only the Mad Scientist can
construct anything from a Blueprint created according to this Rule,
an attempt by any(one)thing else to build something from a Blueprint for a
Frankenstein Monster is doomed to dismal failure.

FIRE

Ammend the paragraph begining "E shall then post" by adding the following
text to the end of the last sentence: except that e need not pay
Processing Chips, or any raw materials of any sort.

Append the following text to the end of the rule, as a seperate
paragraph(s):

Frankenstein Monsters behave in the manner described in their Blueprints,
unless they are in conflict with another blueprint, in which case the
Blueprint which was created easrliest hs precedence.  Blueprints for
Frankenstein Monsters alway defer to the rules.

This Rule takes precedence over all Rules concerning Blueprints,
Frankenstein Monsters, Gadgets, and the creation thereof.

{{[Covering a lot of ground here, I hope.  the ammendments to Rule 596
should cut down on problems of sucession like the one I'm experiencing.
The ammendments to 597 should allow Frankenstein Monster blueprints and
Monsters to actually be created, and not be immediately destryoed by the
Gadget and Blueprint Rules.]}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #114
**************************************