Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #108
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Friday, July 4 1997      Volume 02 : Number 108

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 00:52:07 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2204

Proposal 2204
Freeze Tag
Alfvaen

This is a modest proposal.

Amend Rule 1118, "Dealing With The Paranormal", as follows:

Replace the text(delimited by MALIKTO):

MALIKTO

Any Scientist may exempt himself from the responsibility of writing this
report himself by publicly posting a message in which he states "Not It!"
any time within 10 days of the W-File Case being posted, unless he is the
only Scientist remaining who has posted a "Not It!" message.  If there is
only one Scientist remaining who has not declared himself to be "Not It!"
for a particular W-File Case, then that Scientist is now the only Scientist
responsible for writing the refuting report described above, and must do so
within 10 days of the W-File Case to be refuted being posted, unless
another Scientist does so first [out of the goodness of his heart, I
guess].

MALIKTO

with the following(delimited by TILTOWAIT):

TILTOWAIT

Any Scientist may exempt eirself from the responsibility of writing
this report eirself by publicly posting a message in which e states
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of
in your philosophy." [William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act 1, Scene 5] and
specifies the particular W-File Case e is exempting eirself from, any
time within 10 days of the W-File Case being posted, unless e is the
only Scientist remaining who has not exempted eirself by this means for
the W-File Case in question.  If there is only one Scientist remaining
who has not thus exempted eirself for a particular W-File Case, then
that Scientist is now the only Scientist responsible for writing the
refuting report described above, and must do so within 10 days of the
W-File Case to be refuted being posted, unless another Scientist does
so first [out of the goodness of his heart, I guess].

TILTOWAIT

Also, to the end of the penultimate paragraph, add the sentence "The
Mad Scientist is not considered a Scientist, for the purposes of this
Rule alone; this takes precedence over any other Rule which may state
or imply that e is."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 03:13:35 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2171 accepted (Conseaeaeaecuter)

Proposal 2171
Conseaeaeaecuter
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  18 / 19 = 94.736842%
Yes:  12    No:  2     Present:  5   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	breadbox
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Antimatter
	fnord
	ThinMan
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Alfvaen

NO votes:
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	AZTEC GOD
	two-star
	Karma
	Vynd
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	You can call me Al
	CarsesraC

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2171
Conseaeaeaecuter
Alfvaen
Distributed at 23:26:14 on Wednesday, 25 June 1997

This is a modest proposal.

{{[ Just a spelling fix, that the Spelling Bee would be powerless to deal
with effectively... ]}}

Amend Rule 217, "Overturning Judgements", by replacing "Proseacuter" with
"Prosaecutor" and "Consaecuter" with "Consaecutor".

Amend Rule 218, "Trials By Jury", by replacing all occurrences of
"Prosaecuter" and "Proseacuter" with "Prosaecutor" and all occurences of
"Consecuter" and "Consaecuter" with "Consaecutor".

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 03:13:40 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2172 accepted (Aleph Beth Gimel)

Proposal 2172
Aleph Beth Gimel
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  17 / 19 = 89.473684%
Yes:  10    No:  5     Present:  3   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Alfvaen

NO votes:
	fnord
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	Antimatter
	Guy Fawkes
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Karma
	Vynd
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	You can call me Al
	CarsesraC

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2172
Aleph Beth Gimel
Alfvaen
Distributed at 23:27:42 on Wednesday, 25 June 1997

Create a new rule, numbered 349, with text as follows(delineated by DALETH):

DALETH

Whenever it is desired that the alphabetical ordering of two names be
determined, the following procedure is followed:

1) The two names are compared word-by-word, where a word is considered to 
be a series of non-whitespace characters delinated by whitespace.
Further, each word is considered as if it were all lowercase.  An
initial "the" or "The" is ignored.

2) Words are compared letter-by-letter, where a series of digits is
considered to be a single letter, an accented letter is treated as its
unaccented form(except as specified below), and non-alphanumeric
characters are ignored.  A numeric "letter" precedes another numeric
"letter" if its numeric value is less, or, if they have the same
numeric value, if it has fewer leading zeroes.  A numeric letter always
precedes an alphabetic letter.  An alphabetic letter precedes another
alphabetic letter if it comes earlier in the alphabet.  An unaccented
letter precedes an accented letter if neither would otherwise precede
the other.  (The alphabet is in the order:
"abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz".)  If neither of two letters precede the
other, they are considered to be identical.  A word precedes another word
if the first non-identical character precedes the corresponding character
in the other word, if no such character exists, the words are considered to
be identical.

3) If one name contains fewer words than the other, and all the words in the
shorter name are identical to the corresponding words in the other name,
then the shorter name is considered to come first.  Otherwise, the name
whose word was considered to come first in the last comparison done is
considered to come first.

4) If the above procedure does not yield a relative ordering for the two
names, then they are ordered in ASCII collation order.

An "alphabetic list" shall be a list of names whose elements are
ordered so that if there are any two elements A and B such that A
occurs before B in relative alphabetical ordering, as defined above,
occurs before element B in the list.

DALETH

Amend Rule 594, "Blueprints", by changing the sequence of words "first in
an alphabetic list(using ASCII)of their titles" to "first in an alphabetic
list of their titles".

{{ Transfer three points from Alfvaen to Mohammed. }}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 03:13:35 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2170 accepted (Sovereignty)

Proposal 2170
Sovereignty
Malenkai

Votes cast by active players:  18 / 19 = 94.736842%
Yes:  13    No:  3     Present:  4   ...Proposal accepted.

#award Malenkai: 2 A$ : elec. potato P2170, July 03

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Antimatter
	fnord
	ThinMan
	Guy Fawkes
	Vynd
	Malenkai
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	Karma
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:
	AZTEC GOD
	breadbox
	Alfvaen
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	You can call me Al
	CarsesraC

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2170
Sovereignty
Malenkai
Distributed at 22:44:45 on Wednesday, 25 June 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend rule 101 to append the following sentence to the end of the first
paragraph:

"
The term "rules", as used in the rules, means the rules of Ackanomic.
"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #108
**************************************