Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #107
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Thursday, July 3 1997     Volume 02 : Number 107

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:20:35 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2201

Proposal 2201
No mutual proxies or proxy chains
two-star

This is a modest proposal

Amend rule 106 by replacing the paragraph:

A Voting Player (hereafter referred to as Player A) may authorize 
another Voting Player (hereafter referred to as their Proxy) to vote in 
their stead, provided that Player A has no default vote specified. To do 
this, Player A must send a message to the Tabulator stating who will be 
their Proxy. A Voting Player may cease to authorize another Voting 
Player from voting in their stead. To do this, a Voting Player must send 
a message to the Tabulator stating that they no longer want a Proxy.

with

A Voting Player (hereafter referred to as Player A) may authorize 
another Voting Player (hereafter referred to as their Proxy) to vote in 
their stead, provided that Player A has no default vote specified, (if 
such a thing should exist,) and provided that the Proxy has no Proxy. To 
do this, Player A must send a message to the Tabulator stating who will 
be their Proxy. A Voting Player may cease to authorize another Voting 
Player from voting in their stead. To do this, a Voting Player must send 
a message to the Tabulator stating that they no longer want a Proxy. If 
at any time a Voting player's Proxy has a Proxy, the voting player's 
Proxy ceases to be their Proxy.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:05:26 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2168 accepted (More less work)

Proposal 2168
More less work
Malenkai

Votes cast by active players:  18 / 19 = 94.736842%
Yes:  12    No:  6     Present:  2   ...Proposal accepted.

#award Malenkai: 2 A$ : elec. potato P2168, July 02

YES votes:
	AZTEC GOD
	/dev/joe
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Antimatter
	ThinMan
	Karma
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai
	Alfvaen
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	Niccolo Flychuck
	mr cwm
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	breadbox
	Guy Fawkes

PRESENT votes:
	fnord
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	You can call me Al
	CarsesraC

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2168
More less work
Malenkai
Distributed at 21:01:29 on Wednesday, 25 June 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

repeal rule 927, "Silly Vacation Hat"

{{[we have enough new must describe harf.  Lets clean out some of
the old must describe harf.  This one is especially difficult to
remember, and is sort of boring anyway, as compared to W-File
and Phoebe and whatnot.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:05:27 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2202

Proposal 2202
Votes are associated with players
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[there is a great deal of game custom surrounding what happens
to a player when they leave the game, in terms of duties, obligations,
etc.  We did votes this way once too.  This amendment will make votes
go away when a player leaves, which makes sense, and is consistent.]}}

- --------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 256, "Leaving the Game", to renumber the current section
6 to section 7, and insert the the following as a new section 6):

"
6) All their existing votes on proposals whose results have
not yet been released are cancelled.
"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:05:26 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2169 rejected (Filling The Empty Centuries)

Proposal 2169
Filling The Empty Centuries
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  18 / 19 = 94.736842%
Yes:  3    No:  13     Present:  3   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Karma
	Alfvaen

NO votes:
	AZTEC GOD
	Atilla the Pun
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	two-star
	fnord
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	Antimatter
	ThinMan
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	mr cwm
	breadbox
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	You can call me Al
	CarsesraC

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 22:07:11 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2203

Proposal 2203
Slogans
Vynd

Create a new rule, numbered 1150, with the title The Official Slogan.

The official slogan of Ackanomic is currently: "The pure and simple truth
is seldom pure and never simple." [Oscar Wilde, "The Importance of Being
Earnest"]

At the begining of every odd numbered Cycle, the Senate will begin
deliberations on what the new official slogan of Ackanomic will be, unless
it has been less than 30 days since the last such deliberation was
completed.  These deliberations will last for 10 days.  After these 10
days, the Senate must publicly announce a list of candidates for the
status of official slogan of Ackanomic.  Appropriate candidates include
such things as quotations in the style of Literature, profound sayings,
and the like, but there are no actual restrictions on what can or cannot
be a candidate.  The list announced by the Senate must include at least 4
candidates, and the current slogan must be a candidate.  The Senate is
encouraged but not required to include candidates suggested by Players who
are not members of the Senate.

Once a list of candidates has been announced, a hearing will be begun.
the alid responses are the candidates for official slogan of Ackanomic as
publicly announced by the Senate.  The verdict of the Hearing becomes the
new official slogan of Ackanomic.  The text in the first paragraph of this
rule following the colon will be deleted, and replaced with the new
official slogan, exactly as it appeared in the public announcement by the
Senate.

Whenever a Proposal passes in which the official slogan of Ackanomic
appears, the author of that Proposal will be awarded a Shiny Silver
Button.  Shiny Silver Buttons are entities, they are non-tradeable, 
and they are not unique.  When a Shiny Silver Button is awarded to a
player, it is inscribed with the official slogan that appeared in that
player's Proposal.  [Thus the description of a given Shiny Silver Button
might read something like: A Shiny Silver Button with "Do unto others
before they do unto you." inscribed on it].

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #107
**************************************