Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #95
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Sunday, June 22 1997     Volume 02 : Number 095

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 01:05:32 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2147

Proposal 2147
Forgery
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[The gist here is to allow players to create Trinkets of value
associated with their name, while preventing others from flooding
the market with cheap imitations, if for some reason, Trinkets associated
with a particular player have some sort of value.  This is not 
inspired so much from the lexical warfare, but more from the 
'Malenkai's Coin thing'.  It would be cool to have players be able
to create their own coins, etc, for treasure purposes, or
where ever imagination takes it, without needing to worry about
cheesy imitations.  This will not compromise anyone's ability to find
Treasure 166.]}}

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Amend rule 506, "Trinkets", to replace the following:

"
      Trinkets have no power to affect any entities except as specified
in the rules. 

      [What are Trinkets used for? Adding color, basically. Allowing
gifts of value other than Prosthetic Foreheads to be given, and for
possible use as Buried Treasure, or other uses.] 
"

with:

"
A player-created Trinket, whose name contains the name of a current
or former player other than that of the creating player, such that
the player name in question existed before the Trinket was created,
is a forgery.  The rules may define other circumstances under which
a Trinket is a forgery.  Upon it being discovered that a Trinket is
a forgery, it is transferred to the Treasury.  For the purposes of
this clause, the Trinket name "contains" a name N, if it contans a
word or phrase of the same length in words as N, that when stripped
of any conventional English morphological changes, matches N as
described in rule 348. [e.g. "Malenkai's Loophole" and  
"Malenkai-esque Statues" would be forgeries].
 
Trinkets have no power to affect any entities except as specified in
the rules. 
"

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 1141 (referred to as 'CPPIA'), to replace:

"
the Trinket(s) are donated to the Treasury.
"

with:

"
the Trinkets(s), if they still exist, are forgeries.
"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #95
*************************************