Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #94
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest    Saturday, June 21 1997    Volume 02 : Number 094

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:04:59 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2138

Proposal 2138
Slipping a proposal in edgeways
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.  

Repeal rule 904, "The Anti-Gumball".

{{[despite the harf of this rule, the game balance is not there,
given the ease with which the bad case can be dodged.  If someone
comes up with a better way to do that, I will retract this, otherwise
IMO it is not balanced well, and hence less fun]}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:59:09 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2139

Proposal 2139
More Game Balance Harfing
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.  

{{[The way this is set up, it seems fairly trivial for a scientist
to get powerful gadgets at minimal cost.  This makes the scientist role
far too powerful; again game balance seems out of whack, and when that
happens, so is fun]}}

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 595, "Gadgets" to replace:

"
If it required no raw materials other than half the number of processing
chips (rounded up) used in creating the original blueprint, then it has
no owner. If the Treasury provided the raw materials, then the Treasury 
owns it. If a player provided the raw materials, then the player owns it.
"

with:

"
If the Treasury provided the raw materials, then the Treasury  owns it,
otherwise it is unowned.
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 01:10:20 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2140

Proposal 2140
Removing Red Barn from YORL
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[Red Barn announced that he would be gone all summer, and regretted
joining YORL.  Lets remove him, and open up that bench.  I heard a
rumor that Elder Brinjal may come back as an NVP to play]}}

- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Create a new rule, numbered 1249, with the following text:

"
{{
This rule has precedence over all rules.

Red Barn is removed from the game of Ye Olde Rusty Lantern that was
in progress at the time the proposal that created this rule was 
distributed, if that same game is still in progress when this rule
was created.  His cards are transferred back into the deck.  He does
not win.
}}
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 01:27:08 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2141

Proposal 2141
No Decanters of Endless RHG Juice
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 668, "Eggs and Fruit", to replace: 

"(a tradeable, potable entity)"

with

"(a tradeable, potable entity; the action of frinking it destroys it)"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:43:27 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2142

Proposal 2142
Sapphire Ballistics mark II
ThinMan

This is a modest proposal.

Amend rule 511 in the following ways:

Delete the first instance of the word "trinket" in the second
paragraph.

[This is a simple language fix.]

Change the sentence "The most recent, still existing Majik that has
the same number as that of a rule which exists is considered" to "A
random Majik is selected for consideration from among those existing
Majiks which have sapphire bullet numbers that match rule numbers of
existing rules."

[This avoids a possible Hubert situation, and makes it harder for
players to cause any particular selection to be made.]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 11:14:24 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2143

Proposal 2143
Quark on Whole Wheat
two-star

This is a grandiose proposal.  

Create a rule entitled "Superduperconducting Superdupercollider", 
numbered 512, with the text delimited by SQUEEGEE: 

SQUEEGEE 

1) Particle Definitions: 

a) Quark: 

Quarks are named, non-tradeable entities that may not be manipulated by 
gadgets, and may not be otherwise manipulated except according to the 
rules. The value of a Quark is 0 A$. [The value will probably only be 
important for the purpose of determining the result of Super-critical 
Berryon Decay] 

b) Klepton: 

Any Quark or trinket that owns another Quark or trinket is a Klepton. c) 
Sub-nuclear Particle, Mason, Berryon: 

Any set of Kleptons, such that it is possible to enumurate all members 
of the set by choosing any single Klepton in the set, then repetedly 
choosing a Klepton owned by the last chosen Klepton until all members of 
the set have been chosen, is a Sub-nuclear Particle. A Sub-nuclear 
Particle containing two Kleptons is a Mason; one containing three 
Kleptons is a Berryon. 

d) Critical Berryon Number: 

The Critical Berryon Number is a Universal Constant, initially 5. A 
player who owns a Quark may change the Critical Berryon number once per 
Cycle by incrementing or decrementing it by 1, but only to a number 
between 2 and 20 inclusive. No other player may change the Critical 
Berryon number. If the Critical Berryon Number is changed, the following 
sentence shall be amended to state the current Critical Berryon Number:
The Critical Berryon number is 5. 

2) Particle Decay: 

The following processes are collectively known as Particle Decay: 

a)Large Sub-nuclear Particle Decay 

If at any time there is a Sub-nuclear particle containing four or more 
Kleptons, the following shall occur: 

i)The Kleptons in that Sub-nuclear particle the names of which are first 
and third alphabetically become a Mason, owning each other.

 ii)The remaining Quarks and trinkets that were Kleptons in the original 
Sub-nuclear Particle become a new Sub-nuclear Particle in which each 
becomes the owner of the Quark or trinket with the name which 
immediately follows its name alphabetically, and in which the trinket or 
Quark with the name which is last alphabetically becomes the owner of 
the trinket or Quark with the name which is first alphabetically 

b) Supercritical Berryon Decay 

If at any time the number of berryons in existance is equal to or 
greater than the Critical Berryon Number, the following shall occur: Any 
entity owned by the Klepton of greatest value which is part of a 
Berryon, (or if more than one such Klepton shares the greatest value, 
the Klepton with a name alphabetically preceding any other 
Klepton-within-a-Berryon-of-greatest-value,) becomes owned by the last 
player to place a trinket in the SDSC. If a player receives a Quark in 
this manner, e gains 25 points. The remaining Quarks and trinkets that 
were Kleptons in the original Berryon become a Mason, owning each other. 

3) SDSC 

The Superduperconducting Superdupercollider (inexplicably abbreviated 
SDSC) is a unique unownable entity, located behind a door in the 
AckaPhysicist's Laboratory with a sign on it with bold words in red ink: 
"Vorsicht! Ueberdueberhochspannung! Lebensgefahr! Betreten verboten!" 
The door is always left open. 

When a named entity is placed in the SDSC, the following shall occur: 

a) That entity shall become owned by the Klepton with a name 
alphabetically preceding that of the trinket, and alphabetically 
following the name of any other Klepton with a name which alphabetically 
precedes that of the entity placed in the SCDC. If there is no Klepton 
with a name alphabetically preceding that of the entity placed in the 
SDSC, it shall become owned by the Klepton with the name which is 
alphabetically last among Klepton names. 

b) Ownership of any entity owned by the Klepton that owns the entity 
placed in the SDSC, excepting the entity placed in the SDSC itself, is 
transfered to the entity placed in the SDSC. 

Any player, excepting any GOD, may place a trinket e owns in the SDSC by 
publicly stating that e is hooking the trinket on the superduper rubber 
band and pulling really hard. No player may, using this method, place a 
trinket in the SDSC which has been in existance for less than 7 days. No 
player may, using this method, place more than one trinket in the SDSC 
in any 7 day period. It is the responsiblity of the player who places 
the trinket in the SDSC to publicly post any changes in the ownership of 
Kleptons resulting from placing the trinket in the SDSC, and from any 
subsequent Particle Decay. The rules may specify other circumstances in 
which entities are placed in the SDSC. If an entity is placed in the 
SDSC, and the rules do not specify a player to publicly post all 
resulting changes in Klepton ownership, it is the duty of the 
AckaPhysicist to do so. [shouldn't happen, but who knows?] 

SQUEEGEE 

{{[The next bit sets up the primodial Mason]}} 

{{Create two quarks, named "Weird Quark", and "Anti-Straight Quark". 
When they are created, they own each other.}} 

{{[One more thing]}} 

Amend rule 506 by inserting the following paragraph after the fourth 
paragraph: 

Whenever the Rules specify that a Player should lose a trinket, and do 
not indicate where that trinket should go to, or specify that it should 
be destroyed, it shall be placed in the Superduperconducting 
Superdupercollider instead. It is the responsiblity of the player who 
loses the trinket to publicly post any changes in the ownership of 
Kleptons resulting from the trinket being placed in the SDSC, and from 
any subsequent Particle Decay.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:16:49 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2080 rejected (Secret Masters of The Universe II)

Proposal 2080
Secret Masters of The Universe II
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  19 / 20 = 95.000000%
Yes:  8    No:  10     Present:  1   ...Proposal rejected.

Vynd bribed Tammany A$ 5 to vote NO.

YES votes:
	You can call me Al
	Robert Sevin
	two-star
	fnord
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Alfvaen
	Techno
	/dev/joe

NO votes:
	Bascule
	Atilla the Pun
	Tammany
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe

PRESENT votes:
	Rex Mundi

Active players who did not vote:
	Antimatter was here
	CarsesraC
	Red Barn
	Niccolo Flychuck

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:28:54 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2144

Proposal 2144
One Million Dollars? That's Right!
Robert Sevin

This is a Modest proposal.

Renumber Rule 1399 to 1000000.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 18:11:04 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2145

Proposal 2145
Fix Them Otzma Cards
Niccolo Flychuck

This is a Modest proposal.

In R1240.1 "Definition of Otzma Cards" Ammend section III subsection 5 to
read in full:

"
The maximum number of Otzma Cards that the RuneMaker may create on an
Otzma-Day is equal to the smallest integer equal to or greater
     than (LSAP-1)/2. If LSAP is equal to or greater than 10, then the
RuneMaker must create at least 1 Otzma Card, provided that the number of
     Cards created does not bring the total number of Cards in existence
over 100. If no Otzma Cards types are defined, or if the restriction on
the types which are defined make it illegal to create Cards of that type,
then the RuneMaker does not create any Otzma Cards, instead e posts a
message to the effect that it's too bad e can't create any Otzma Cards. 
"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:11:19 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2146

Proposal 2146
End of Cycle Rebirth
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend rule 666, "End of Cycle", to replace

"
l) All players who are in Gaol are released from Gaol. 
"

with:

"
l) All players who are in Gaol are released from Gaol.  All players
who are in the Ackanomic Afterlife are relocated to their homes.
"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #94
*************************************