Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #89
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Monday, June 16 1997     Volume 02 : Number 089

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:49:44 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2115

Proposal 2115
I Knew The Earth Was Round All The Time
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

In Rule 1307, "Ackanomic Middle Ages", replace the text(delinated by
ROUND):

ROUND

Any player who has been burned as a heretic exactly once is considered
Enlightened.  Any player burned more than once, however, is beyond hope and
may never become Enlightened.  Any player who is Enlightened is free to say
what they wish, and may never have a Witchhunt called against them, or be
burned as a heretic.  This paragraph has precedence over all others in this
rule.

ROUND

with the following text(delineated by BURN):

BURN

Any player who has ever been burned as a heretic is considered
Enlightened.  Any player who is Enlightened is free to say what they
wish, and may never have a Witchhunt called against them, or be burned
as a heretic.  This paragraph has precedence over all others in this
rule.

BURN

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 23:07:54 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2116

Proposal 2116
Revamping Godhood
Robert Sevin

If Proposal 2112 (Renumbering Harfer) passed [which renumbers Rule 2059 to
1143], then repeal Rule 1143, and create a new Rule, whose number is 1143,
whose title (delimited by ") is "Among Gods", and whose text is listed below
(delimited by FRANCHISE).

If Proposal 2112 (Renumbering Harfer) failed, then repeal Rule 2059, and
create a new Rule, whose number is 1143, whose title (delimited by ") is
"Among Gods", and whose text is listed below (delimited by FRANCHISE).

FRANCHISE
1) A God has the power to change universal constants and other fundamental
aspects of the universe. 

2) A person has God status when they have been deemed enlightened, have held
a public office, have donated to any organization in Ackanomic and must have
created at least one trinket or gadget. They must be a voting player, who
has not initiated a CFJ and had it judged FALSE during the current cycle.

3) To become a God a player must meet the requirements above and be abel to
provide documentation of
the trinket or gadget, that they were deemed enlightened, and that they have
held a public office. They must then submit a statement, along with the
appropriate documentation, to the Speaker requesting the rank of God. The
Speaker then must distribute a notice of this. If anyone has an objection to
this player becoming a God they may call a hearing on the matter within 5
days of the Speaker's announcement. The valid responses to the hearing are
"Yes, e is godlike and wondrous" and "I'd sooner worship a toad!". If the
result of the hearing is "I'd sooner worship a toad!", or if no hearing is
called within the 5 day limit, then the player becomes a God. Otherwise, the
player's request to become a God has been denied.

4) Gods cease to be Gods at the end of every cycle.

5) A God has the ability to change a universal constant. If a GOD submits a
proposal they have the advantage
of only needing 3/8 of the vote to pass a proposal as opposed to the
standard 1/2. 

6) God status wears off if a person passes 2 proposals with only 3/8 as
defined in section 6. 

7) A person cannot become a God twice in one cycle. 

8) Only a God can author a proposal that effects this rule in any way. This
rule has precedence over any other rules that refer explicitly to Gods.
FRANCHISE

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #89
*************************************