Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #87
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Sunday, June 15 1997     Volume 02 : Number 087

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:13:45 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2052 accepted (This name has been changed to protect the innocent)

Proposal 2052
This name has been changed to protect the innocent
Vynd

Votes cast by active players:  20 / 21 = 95.238095%
Yes:  12    No:  6     Present:  2   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	/dev/joe
	Calvin N Hobbes
	CarsesraC
	two-star
	fnord
	Vynd
	ThinMan
	Malenkai
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Techno

NO votes:
	Bascule
	You can call me Al
	Alfvaen
	Karma
	mr cwm
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	Antimatter was here

Active players who did not vote:
	breadbox
	Red Barn

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2052
This name has been changed to protect the innocent
Vynd
Distributed at 23:57:58 on Friday, 6 June 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal Rule 1060 Organized Crime

Ammend Rule 315 Tammany in the following manner:

Delete the paragraph begining "Each player who submitted a Tammany
Bribe..." and replace it with the following paragraph:

"each Player who submitted a Tammany Bribe on a Proposal which is about to
be resolved shall have the designated amount of currency deducted from his
account and placed in the Treasury.  If this would result in a negative
curreny balance for the player, his entire Bribe is disregarded and no
currency is deducted.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:13:42 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2087

Proposal 2087
I don't know art, but I know what I like
Robert Sevin

Create a rule entitled (title delimited by ") "Ad Hoc Committee on the
matter of Fine Art" with the following text (delimited by RODENT):

RODENT
An Ad Hoc Committee on the matter of Fine Art is empowered to nominate 4
players for the Silver Moon Award, following the criteria outlined in Rule
670. An Ad Hoc Committee on the matter of Fine Art may only be called by a rule.
RODENT

In Rule 670, replace the text delimited by HAT with the text delimited by CAR.

HAT
1) Upon the end of a cycle which exceeded 30 days in length, or as otherwise
directed by the rules, The "Commission d'Arts" (Commission) shall begin
session, which shall last for 7 days. The Senators shall be the
Commissioners, thus composing this body. Exception: No Commission shall be
started if it has been less than 60 days since any previous one has been
started.
HAT

CAR
1) Upon the end of a cycle which exceeded 30 days in length, or as otherwise
directed by the rules, an Ad Hoc Committee on the matter of Fine Art (also
referred to as The "Commission d'Arts", or the Commission) shall be called.
Exception: The Commission shall not be called if it has been less than 60
days since any previous one has been called.
CAR

In Rule 670, replace the text delimited by TRUCK with the text delimited by
PORT.

TRUCK
At the end of the session, the Commission shall produce
TRUCK

PORT
The Commission shall produce
PORT

In Rule 670, replace the text delimited by HOCKEY with the text delimited by
PUCK.

HOCKEY
4) If the Commission fails to produce the report in within the constraints
of this rule, each Senator is placed in Contempt. 
HOCKEY

PUCK
4) If the Commission fails to produce the report within the constraints of
this rule, or if the Commission has not produced the report within 4 days
since it was called, then after a 4 day grace period (to allow the members
of the Commission to dwell on what they have done) every member of the
Commission will be burned as a witch and have their score reduced by 2 points.
PUCK

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:34:50 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2088

Proposal 2088
Piety!
Calvin N Hobbes

This is a Modest proposal.

{{renumber to 1308}}

The Yor-Delegate in the Synod will, on his first day on the job, name the
deity that will be prevalent during his time as Yor-Delegate. It should be a
Deity that has rationale in Acka.

Every public message from the Senate or the Supreme Court must contain
"<deity's name> bless Acka", where <deity's name> is the current Deity
prevalent. Justices or Senators who make public message on behalf of the
Supreme Court or the Senate without such a sentence will be considered
Heretics and must pay A$10 to the Yor-Delegate's Church.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:34:51 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2090

Proposal 2090
Probabilistic Justice
Robert Sevin

Add the text delimited by EGYPT to the end of Rule 207.2

EGYPT
If a player achieves a score of exactly 57, their score is changed to 42.
If a player achieves a score of exactly 5, their score is changed to 137.
If a player achieves a score of exactly 196, their score is changed to 257.
EGYPT

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:34:50 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2089

Proposal 2089
Scapegoats
Calvin N Hobbes

This is a Modest proposal.

{{renumber to 1306}}

If the property of a player is damaged by tornado, flood, lightning or acts
defined as acts of god, then that player may stir up public sentiment
against the Heretics who have brought this terrible disaster on Acka.

A hearing will be made, valid responses being "Aye, of what used to be I
blame you" or "Nay, we will kiss the girl from Venus for science".

If the verdict is "Aye, of what used to be I blame you", then the Heretics
must each pay A$50 damages to the person who stirred up sentiment against them.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:43:58 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2091

Proposal 2091
Pardons Can Be Fickle
Robert Sevin

In Rule 711, replace the text delimited by EDGAR with the text delimited by
ALLEN.

EDGAR
If there is no President, the President is on vacation, or the President
does not act on the AFP within 3 days, the AFP is considered DENYed.
EDGAR

ALLEN
If there is no President, the President is on vacation, or the President
does not act on the AFP within 3 days, the AFP is considered DENYed. Once
the AFP has been GRANTed or DENYed, a random integer between 1 and 100 is
chosen. If the integer 42 is chosen, and the AFP was GRANTed, then the AFP
is changed to DENYed. If the integer 57 is chosen, and the AFP was DENYed,
then the AFP is changed to GRANTed.
ALLEN

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:44:00 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2053 rejected (Mohammed's Box)

Proposal 2053
Mohammed's Box
Vynd

Votes cast by active players:  20 / 21 = 95.238095%
Yes:  7    No:  10     Present:  3   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	You can call me Al
	Calvin N Hobbes
	CarsesraC
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe

NO votes:
	Bascule
	Alfvaen
	two-star
	fnord
	Antimatter was here
	ThinMan
	Malenkai
	mr cwm
	Techno
	Guy Fawkes

PRESENT votes:
	/dev/joe
	Robert Sevin
	Karma

Active players who did not vote:
	breadbox
	Red Barn

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:53:04 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2092

Proposal 2092
They Might Be More Entities
Robert Sevin

Change the title of Rule 917 from (titles delimited by ") "Rock" to "Rocks,
Walls, and Facial Hair"

Change the text of Rule 917 from the text delimited by TREE to the text
delimited by POPE.

TREE
There exists a type of entity called A Rock To Wind A String Around
(henceforth known as rock). Rocks may be manipulated by vending machines,
should such things exist. Rocks are Tradeable.
TREE

POPE
There exists a type of entity called A Rock To Wind A String Around.
There exists a type of entity called A Wall Of Trombones.
There exists a type of entity called Santa's Beard.
All of the above entities may be manipulated by vending machines, should
such things exist. All of the above entities are Tradeable.
POPE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:56:11 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2093

Proposal 2093
A Train, You See, If Fun To See
Calvin N Hobbes

This is a Modest proposal.

Acka will now have a train. The train guy will be youngest player in the
game. Everytime the train guy sends a public message that contains "I've
never seen a train like this before but then again there's never been a
train like this before like Mrs. Train", then the first person to be the one
to declare "I want to be next in line to see Mrs. Train" after the train
guy's message will gain redemption and no lonfer be considered a Heretic.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 00:56:12 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2094

Proposal 2094
Destination Moon
Calvin N Hobbes

This is a Modest proposal.

Acka will now have a space program. All scientist must work to find a moon
and land a player on it. Moons are objects in the Universe but not on either
side of Acka, and defined as such by the rules. Landing on a moon is a
restricted activity which requires a spaceship. Spaceships can only be built
as permitted by the rules.

A spaceship launch must be announced by a public messsage starting with
"COMMENCE OFFICIAL INTERPLANETARY EXPLORATION". 

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #87
*************************************