Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #85
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Friday, June 13 1997     Volume 02 : Number 085

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:01:42 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2073

Proposal 2073
The Crazy Doctor Frankenstein is also my Cat!
Robert Sevin

Amend the following to the end of Rule 210 (delimited by BAZOOKA):

BAZOOKA
Artist: Kurt Vonnegut
Artist: Homer, author of the Iliad
Artist: Mark Twain
Artist: H.P. Lovecraft
Artist: Edgar Allen Poe
BAZOOKA

{ 'I am Sir Oracle, And when I ope my lips, let no dog bark!' [William
Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice, Act 1, Scene 1, Lines 93-94] }

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:37:48 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2074

Proposal 2074
Voting Laziness
Robert Sevin

Append the following immediately after the first paragraph of Rule 106
(delimited by AVOCADO):

AVOCADO

A Voting Player (hereafter referred to as Player A) may authorize another
Voting Player (hereafter referred to as their Proxy) to vote in their stead,
provided that Player A has no default vote specified. To do this, Player A
must send a message to the Tabulator stating who will be their Proxy. A
Voting Player may cease to authorize another Voting Player from voting in
their stead. To do this, a Voting Player must send a message to the
Tabulator stating that they no longer want a Proxy.

A Voting Player may specify a default vote, provided that they have no
Proxy. To do this, a Voting Player must send a message to the Tabulator
stating what their default vote will be. Their options are YES, NO, and
PRESENT. A Voting Player may cease to have a default vote by sending a
message to the Tabulator stating that they no longer want a default vote.

At the instant before the end of the voting period of a proposal (hereafter
referred to as Proposal A), if any Voting Player has specified a default
vote, or if any Voting Player has a Proxy, then the following sequence of
events takes place in the instant prior to the end of the voting period of
Proposal A(delimited by ~):

~
1. All Voting Players that have specified default votes, AND have not
already cast a vote on Proposal A, will cast a vote on Proposal A
corresponding to the default vote they have specified. (ie if a player's
default vote is PRESENT, and they haven't already voted on the proposal,
they will cast a present vote on it)
2. All Voting Players that have not cast a vote on Proposal A, and have a
Proxy, will cast a vote identical to the vote cast by their Proxy (if their
Proxy cast a vote) on Proposal A. If a player's Proxy has abstained, than
that player will cast a PRESENT vote on Proposal A.
~
AVOCADO

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:33:11 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2075

Proposal 2075
The Crying Towel
Techno

I was young and foolish then, I am old and foolish now...

     Any player wasting bandwidth by posting public messages crying or   
complaining about the same thing for more
     than three(3) days can have the Crying Towel thrown at them. Any   
player, who feels that the Crying Towel is
     deserved by another player acting like a crybaby, may throw the   
Crying Towel. The player throwing the Crying
     Towel must include comments giving reason(s) for throwing the Crying   
Towel. The player having the Crying
     Towel thrown at them must make a public apology for wasting   
bandwidth, and for being a crybaby. If the
     crybaby makes this public apology within two(2) days of having the   
Crying Towel thrown at them, his/her score
     shall remain unchanged. If the crybaby fails to issue the public   
apology, his/her score shall be reduced by 10
     points, pay a fine of A$10.00, and sit in the crybaby corner for a   
period of one day. While sitting in the corner,
     the crybaby shall not be allowed to vote for the day they are in the   
corner. The player throwing the Crying
     Towel shall recieve 10 points if, and only if, the crybaby fails to   
issue the public apology. If the public apology is
     issued, the thrower of the Crying Towel shall receive nothing. If   
the crybaby has more than one Crying Towel
     thrown at them on the same day, the penalties for failure to issue   
the public apology shall be multiplied by the
     number of Crying Towels thrown at him/her.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:33:12 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2076

Proposal 2076
Is the flea always right?
Techno

I was young and foolish then, I am old and foolish now...

     There shall be an entity known as The Titanium Tick. The Titanium   
Tick is very street wise, and the wisdom he
     imparts is not so profound or worldly as Phoebe's, and his wisdom   
often contradicts Phoebe's wisdom.

     The tick shall be randomly found by a player of Ackanomic 3 days   
after the most recent finding of Phoebe. The
     player finding the tick must publish the ticks wisdom within 3 days   
of the posting of Phoebe's wisdom, but not
     before. If Phoebe's wisdom is not posted within the specified time   
that her wisdom should be posted, the finder
     of the tick shall recieve 5 points and not be required to post the   
ticks wisdom. If Phoebe's wisdom is not posted
     within the specified time, the tick takes this as a failure of   
Phoebe herself, and not the player she was supposed
     to impart her wisdom upon, and the tick may decide to taunt Phoebe.   
The player that found the tick, may post
     this taunting with no concern of retaliation, before the 3 days   
after Phoebe has been found again expire.

     The tick sometimes gets hungry, and needs to eat. If at anytime the   
holder of the magic potato also finds the tick,
     the tick will eat the magic potato, thus destroying it, unless that   
player also holds an amber banana. If the player
     that has the magic potato when e finds the tick also has an amber   
banana, the tick will eat the amber banana
     instead, as he prefers them over the magic potato.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:01:54 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2077

Proposal 2077
The Other Extreme
Alfvaen

{{[ Just to do a complete turnabout from my previous stand, I've now come
to feel that the people who've won cycles are actually less likely to want
to win the Cycle by points, so why handicap them? ]}}

{{The scores of all players with Victory Eggplants are increased by the
negative of their Eggplant Weight.  Then all Victory Eggplants are
destroyed.}}

Amend Rule 207.2, "Keep 'Em In The Game", by deleting the sentences
"These score changes do not apply to the owner of a Victory Eggplant.
A Victory Eggplant is destroyed if its owner has a non-negative score."

Amend Rule 252, "Joining the Game", by deleting the sentences
"Otherwise, his score is -15N, where N is the number of cycles he has
won.  If this causes his score to be negative, he is given a Victory
Eggplant, and his Eggplant Weight is set to -15N, where N is defined as
above." from section V.3)

Amend Rule 620, "Chartreuse Goose", by deleting from clause 4) the sentence
"For the purposes of this section, a player's adjusted score is their score
minus their Eggplant Weight.", and, in that same clause, replacing the
words "adjusted score" with the word "score".

Amend Rule 666, "End of Cycle", as follows:

Change clause b) to read "b) All Chartreuse Goose Eggs and Right-Handed
Grapefruit are destroyed."

Change clause f) to read "f) Each Player is awarded A$ equal to his point
total."

Change clause h) to read "h) Each player's score is set to zero."

Change clause i) to read "i) Bond payments are reinstituted, as if all
players' scores were zero at the end of the previous bond cycle."

Amend Rule 904, "The Anti-Gumball", by replacing the sequence of words "In
addition, e receives a Victory Eggplant and suffers a -10 point penalty"
with "In addition, e suffers a -10 point penalty".

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 16:29:13 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2078

Proposal 2078
Secret Masters of The Universe
Alfvaen

Create a new rule, numbered 430, with the title "The Librarian", and text
as follows(delimited by SMOTU):

SMOTU

The optional functional Office of Librarian exists.

The purpose of the Librarian is to keep track of Literature.  It is a
Duty of the Librarian to verify that any quotation submitted as part of
a proposal is accurate, as well as its citation, and, as a Privilege,
e may retract some or all of the point bonus specified in Rule 210,
"Literature", depending on how inaccurate the quotation or citation is.

Additional Duties and Privileges of the Librarian concern the
Literature list itself.  A Librarian may add or remove entries from the
list by stating publicly that e is doing so.  Other players may also
request of the Librarian, publicly or privately, that an entry be added
to or removed from the list, without having to submit a Proposal; such
changes are only made at the discretion of the Librarian.  If changes
are made to the Literature list by means of a Proposal during a
particular Librarian's term, that Librarian may not undo any of the
effects of that proposal until at least two weeks have passed.

Other players may object to the addition or deletion of an entry, and
if more than two players do so, then a Hearing is called, with the
valid responses being "The Librarian knows what e is doing" and "No!
Keep our Library the way it is!"  If the response of the Hearing is
"The Librarian knows what e is doing", then the changes to the
Literature list stand; if the response is "No!  Keep our Library the
way it is!", then the Librarian is fined A$10.  After the third such
fine, the Librarian is automatically impeached.

It is also the Librarian's Duty to find copies of works on the Literature
list to use as reference.  If copies are found online, then the Librarian
shall maintain a Web page with links to these online works.  If there are
no online copies of a work on the Literature list, or a work that e has
been requested to add to the list, then this is a good basis for removing
said entry or refusing to add it, unless an offline copy of the work can be
easily obtained and consulted by the Librarian.

The Librarian receives, as a Privilege, a salary of A$25 per month.

SMOTU

Also, amend Rule 840, "Library", to read as follows(delimited by LIBRIS):

LIBRIS

The Library is a classy building where copies of all legal documents and
works of Literature are kept.  It is a Common Location.  The Librarian, if
such a person exists(otherwise, the Historian, or failing that, the
Speaker)is in charge of the Library.  It may not be destroyed or reduced in
size to less than what it is originally(classy).

LIBRIS

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:14:28 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2079

Proposal 2079
Hmmm, Sounds Finnish to Me
Alfvaen

{{ First, take all Runestone of Jukkasjarvi Fragments that are not owned by
currently active players, and disperse them randomly amongst the currently
active non-vacationing players.

Second, create a Jukkasjarvi Mind Control Laser, and assign that randomly
to a currently active non-vacationing player who did not receive a
Runestone of Jukkasjarvi according to the first part of this rule.  }}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #85
*************************************