Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #84
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest    Thursday, June 12 1997    Volume 02 : Number 084

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 09:15:08 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2067

Proposal 2067
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war.
Robert Sevin

This is a Modest proposal.

The following is hereby added to the end of Rule 419.2:

In order to change the Attitude of Ackanomic toward any other member nomic
of InterNomic (as defined by the InterNomic rule set), a vote must be held.
Each Senator has one vote, and the Ambassador has one vote (if the
Ambassador is also a Senator, e only gets one vote total). If 3/5 or more of
the eligible voters vote in favor of changing the Attitude of Ackanomic,
then the Liaison is obligated to take whatever steps are necessary to carry
out this decision in InterNomic (per the InterNomic rule set). If the
InterNomic rule set does not define the Attitude of one nomic to another,
then this paragraph is dormant and is not a binding rule, until such time as
the InterNomic rule set contains the appropriate definition.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 16:57:30 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2045 rejected (Half-a-chip Restoration)

Proposal 2045
Half-a-chip Restoration
two-star

Votes cast by active players:  21 / 21 = 100.000000%
Yes:  11    No:  9     Present:  1   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	Red Barn
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	CarsesraC
	Antimatter was here
	Guy Fawkes
	Vynd
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe

NO votes:
	Bascule
	You can call me Al
	fnord
	Techno
	breadbox
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:54:45 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2068

Proposal 2068
Committee for the Protection, Preservation, and Integrity of
Malenkai

the Arts

{{[or giving Ad-Hoc committees something to do]}}

This is a Modest proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 1141 with the following text:

"
If a player feels another player has created a lame, inane, or otherwise
useless Trinket of negligible artistic merit within the past 3 days,
they may make public complaint to that effect by naming the offending
player and offensive Trinket (or Trinkets), provided no such complaint
has been previously logded naming the allegedly offensive Trinket(s).

An Ad Hoc Committee is then called on the matter of whether the allegedly
offensive Trinket(s) are in fact lame, inane, or otherwise useless or
of negligible artistic merit.  This committee is called the Committee
for the Protection, Preservation, and Integrity of the Arts (CPPIA).

The CPPIA shall then decide whether the Trinket(s) is(are) "the most
inane thing since the 'whatever it is we're auctioning today'", or
"the hottest thing since the 'Hubert Feathers'".  The CPPIA may use
any criteria they choose, but it should consider the artistic merit
and usefulness of the Trinket(s) when making its decision.  Only one
decision will be made for each CPPIA session; it shall apply to all
Trinkets under review before the committee.

If the CPPIA makes the latter ('hottest') decision, the player who
originally made the complaint shall post a limerick praising/
admiring the vindicated Trinket(s) (within 3 days of the decision),
forfeit A$30 for some sorely needed art appreciation classes, and be
immediately transported to the Museum for an education.

If the CPPIA makes the former ('inane') decision, the player who 
created the Trinkets forfeits A$25 for the cost of new murals to decorate
the walls of the Gaol (which they should describe), and, if the total 
value of the Trinkets in question is A$25 or less, the Trinket(s) are
donated to the Treasury.

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 505, "Treasury and Ackadollars", to replace:

"
If the entity is a Trinket, it is transformed into its value in A$ upon
donation.
"

with:

"
When a Trinket is donated, it is transformed into its value in A$ upon
donation. 

{{all trinkets in the treasury are hereby transformed to their
value in A$ [this would handle the case of the inky blotter decoys]}}
"

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

{{[the payment for the members of the Ad Hoc would unbalance the new
rule.  I was thinking of adding a deferral clause in Ad Hoc to allow
other rules to specify alternate payment schemes (and in this case
specifiying 0, after all, this is for the good of the Arts (and the
sanity of the *-harfers) :), but decided the A$25 Ad Hoc payment is
a hassle for someone (whoever has to write those bot commands, so lets
just nuke it for simplicity]}}

Amend rule 1080, "Ad Hoc Committees", to remove:

"
Each member of the committee receives A$25 from the Treasury, as
compensation for eir trouble, unless they indicate a favorite charity, in 
which case the money is transferred to that charity instead. 
"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:06:51 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2069

Proposal 2069
CPPIA
Malenkai

{{[or giving Ad-Hoc committees something to do]}}

This is a Modest proposal.

Create a new rule numbered 1141, entitled "Committee for the Protection, 
Preservation, and Integrity of the Arts", with the following text:

"
If a player feels another player has created a lame, inane, or otherwise
useless Trinket of negligible artistic merit within the past 3 days,
they may make public complaint to that effect by naming the offending
player and offensive Trinket (or Trinkets), provided no such complaint
has been previously logded naming the allegedly offensive Trinket(s).

An Ad Hoc Committee is then called on the matter of whether the allegedly
offensive Trinket(s) are in fact lame, inane, or otherwise useless or
of negligible artistic merit.  This committee is called the Committee
for the Protection, Preservation, and Integrity of the Arts (CPPIA).

The CPPIA shall then decide whether the Trinket(s) is(are) "the most
inane thing since the 'whatever it is we're auctioning today'", or
"the hottest thing since the 'Hubert Feathers'".  The CPPIA may use
any criteria they choose, but it should consider the artistic merit
and usefulness of the Trinket(s) when making its decision.  Only one
decision will be made for each CPPIA session; it shall apply to all
Trinkets under review before the committee.

If the CPPIA makes the latter ('hottest') decision, the player who
originally made the complaint shall post a limerick praising/
admiring the vindicated Trinket(s) (within 3 days of the decision),
forfeit A$30 for some sorely needed art appreciation classes, and be
immediately transported to the Museum for an education.

If the CPPIA makes the former ('inane') decision, the player who
created the Trinkets forfeits A$25 for the cost of new murals to decorate
the walls of the Gaol (which they should describe), and, if the total
value of the Trinkets in question is A$25 or less, the Trinket(s) are
donated to the Treasury.

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 505, "Treasury and Ackadollars", to replace:

"
If the entity is a Trinket, it is transformed into its value in A$ upon
donation.
"

with:

"
When a Trinket is donated (or otherwise transferred to the Treasury), it
is transformed into its value in A$ upon donation.

{{all trinkets in the treasury are hereby transformed to their
value in A$ [this would handle the case of the inky blotter decoys]}}
"

- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

{{[the payment for the members of the Ad Hoc would unbalance the new
rule.  I was thinking of adding a deferral clause in Ad Hoc to allow
other rules to specify alternate payment schemes (and in this case
specifiying 0, after all, this is for the good of the Arts (and the
sanity of the *-harfers) :), but decided the A$25 Ad Hoc payment is
a hassle for someone (whoever has to write those bot commands, so lets
just nuke it for simplicity]}}

Amend rule 1080, "Ad Hoc Committees", to remove:

"
Each member of the committee receives A$25 from the Treasury, as
compensation for eir trouble, unless they indicate a favorite charity, in
which case the money is transferred to that charity instead.
"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:49:08 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2070

Proposal 2070
Zombie Master
Calvin N Hobbes

{{This is a Modest proposal

[Just a bit of non-related cleaning up first]

(1) Replace the last sentence in R1117 by:
"This paragraph takes precedence over the Rule called 'Dealing with the
Paranormal'."

[The following is based on cross referenced reports by doctors, residents of
Haiti etc, who claim to have seen Voodoo masters do their deeds. I have
taken a few artistic liberties since we have neither horses nor tombs]

(2) Create a new rule, number 261 to read:

"Should a player follow all the directions below, in order, with all steps
made publicly on the same day (none earlier than 2am Acka time, none later
than 3am) then the player is said to control the Undead (who is also a Zombie).

1. Using his wings to fly backwards to where an Undead is located.
2. To destroy a trinket [to please Baron Samedi]
3. To say the incantation 'Mortoo Tomboo Miyi' preceded by the Undead's
name. [this means 'mine the undead in the tomb']
4. To give 10% of their Ackadollars to the poorest player.

If the incantation is said but the ritual fails for some reason (including
not being completed), then the player loses 10 points.

The player controlling a Zombie may bid it by a public message to do one the
following actions:
(i) To destroy a certain Frankenstein Monster.
        The named monster is destroyed.
(ii) To act as patsy for a CFCJ before judgement is returned.
        If there is a penalty for a Crime it is applied to the Zombie, 
        the player is kept innocent (Takes precedence over the 
        rule "Criminal Justice"). The Zombie is then busy for as 
        long as any sentence would keep it busy or otherwise 
        occupied (eg: goal sentence) and cannot do its master's
        bidding until it is no longer busy. 
(iii) To go arm wrestle another Zombie.
        Both zombies are busy for 7 days and cannot do their
        masters' bidding during those seven days.
(iv) To protect a player's donkey in a Grab-A-Donkey game.
        The donkey cannot be grabbed for the coming turn.

Bidding an Undead to do one of the above counts as a Paranormal Power use by
a player entity (the controlling player).

A Undead will stay under the control of another player until it is no longer
an Undead, the controlling player himself becomes Undead, or someone kisses
that Undead."

(3) Subtract 4 points from Calvin N Hobbes, give 3 points to /dev/joe, give
1 point to Mohammed.

[thanks to /dev/joe for inspiring this proposal a few months back]}}

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 22:49:09 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2071

Proposal 2071
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die
Calvin N Hobbes

{{This is a modest proposal. Renumber to 511.

[This allows us to have "immortal" or "indestructible" trinkets. That's a
misnomer since there are still ways to destroy them. However, it does mean
that special artifacts can be a lot more "weather proof" or "player proof",
let's say. If nothing else it gives more tmbg references]}}

A trinket worth more than $99, whose description has "This trinket is Majik.
It is sapphire bullet of pure love number <number>" as its first and second
sentences becomes a Majik as soon as creation of the trinket is complete
(where <number> is an integer greater than 199).

An trinket existing trinket can be made into a Majik by the Archaeologist. A
player who owns a trinket worth more than A$99 can ask in a public message
if that trinket is special (and providing an integer greater than 199). If
the Archaeologist replies publicly "This trinket is Majik. It is sapphire
bullet of pure love number <number>" (<number> being the number given by
owner) then the two sentences above from the Archeologist get added to the
start of the description and the trinket becomes a Majik.

Majiks are no longer trinkets but keep the value, name and description (or
amended description) they had when trinkets.

If Aliens have failed to capture a rule for three weeks in a row, then the
sapphire bullet numbers are looked at. The most recent, still existing Majik
that has the same number as that of a rule which exists is considered. The
rule with that number is abducted. The effects of the rule abduction will
then follow from the rule called "The Sinister Alien Abduction Act".

A Majik becomes a simple trinket again (with the same value name and
description as that of the Majik) if any of following three events take place:
1. The player who created (and still owns) a Majik publicly says "<Majik's
name> looks like a snake to me."
2. The Aliens abduct a rule with number identical to that of a Majik's
sapphire bullet number.
3. The player who created a Majik becomes an Undead.

Once a Majik becomes a trinket again, it is automatically destroyed,
following the rules for trinkets.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 23:22:30 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2046 accepted (I knew there was some bit I was forgetting...)

Proposal 2046
I knew there was some bit I was forgetting...
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  21 / 21 = 100.000000%
Yes:  16    No:  4     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	Bascule
	Red Barn
	two-star
	breadbox
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	CarsesraC
	fnord
	Vynd
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Guy Fawkes
	Antimatter was here
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	You can call me Al
	Techno
	Mohammed
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2046
I knew there was some bit I was forgetting...
/dev/joe
Distributed at 23:03:34 on Wednesday, 4 June 1997

This is a modest proposal.

{{[ This section doesn't go well with the new required-processing-chip
blueprints. ]}}

Amend section (iv) (c) of Rule 595, "Gadgets", by changing
  "If it required no raw materials"
to:
  "If it required no raw materials other than half the number of processing
   chips (rounded up) used in creating the original blueprint"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 23:55:36 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2072

Proposal 2072
Rasputin the Mad Monk is my Cat!
Robert Sevin

Amend Rule 1399 from (delimited by ~):

~
United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama Haiti, Jamaica, Peru Republic
Dominican, Cuba,
Carribbean Greenland, El Salvador too. Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, the
Honduras,
Guyana and still Paraguay, Urugay Peru and Belize Ecuador, Chile, Brazil! 
~

to read (delimited by ~):

~
United States: Canada, I don't know how to say this... We're out of trees.
Get out.
~

{ I will pay you in cudgels. You shall be a woodmonger, and buy nothing of
me but cudgels. [William Shakespeare, King Henry V, Act 5, Scene 1, Line 58] }

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #84
*************************************