Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #83
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest    Wednesday, June 11 1997    Volume 02 : Number 083

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 10:24:11 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2064

Proposal 2064
The Nameless Horror
Red Barn

  If a nameable object at any time does not have a name, it shall
immediatly take the name "Nameless Thing #X", where X is the lowest
non-negative decimal integer creating a legal name for the object.
  If this would result in multiple objects having the same name, one of
them is randomly chosen and the rest remain nameless. [For an infintesimal
amount of time.]  {{[Should happen sufficiently rarely to not cause much
trouble.]}}
  If this method does not produce a legal name, the object remains
nameless.  [Possible, you know!]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:33:26 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2065

Proposal 2065
Stop Me Before I Kill Again!
Alfvaen

Amend Rule 597, "The Frankenstein Monster" as follows:

Replace the sentence

Any voting player(including the Mad Scientist)has the option of digging
up and delivering a Frankenstein Part to the Mad Scientist, provided that
Players has not already done so since the prior Thursday.

with

Any voting player, including the Mad Scientist but excluding other
Scientists(who would never grant any credence to the Mad Scientist's
plans) has the option of digging up and delivering a Frankenstein Part
to the Mad Scientist, provided that Players has not already done so
since the prior Thursday.

{{[ What this really is intended to do is keep Scientists from authoring
Blueprints for the express purpose of providing Frankenstein Parts. ]}}

Amend Rule 1060, "Organized Crime", as follows:

Replace the sentence

Any member of the Narfalone Family may bet by publicly stating which event
they are wagering on and the $A they are wagering.

with

Any member of the Narfalone Family except the Godfather may bet by
publicly stating which event they are wagering on and the $A they are
wagering.

{{[ Setting one's own odds on an event and then being able to bet on it is,
as Malenkai recently demonstrated, a bit too much power for one person. ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:33:53 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2066

Proposal 2066
Ambassador Check/Balance
Mohammed

This is a Modest proposal.

The following is hereby added to the end of Rule 415:

IV.  Ambassador

The President may remove the Ambassador from office.  In doing so, he
or she may also appoint a replacement Ambassador from among the
players eligible to hold the position.

{{ 4 points are transferred from Mohammed to Calvin n Hobbes. }}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:33:55 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2044 accepted (Acka does not come equipped with a floating-point unit)

Proposal 2044
Acka does not come equipped with a floating-point unit
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  19 / 21 = 90.476190%
Yes:  15    No:  3     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	Bascule
	fnord
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	Guy Fawkes
	breadbox
	Antimatter was here
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Techno
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	You can call me Al
	Red Barn
	two-star

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Mr. Lunatic Fringe
	CarsesraC

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2044
Acka does not come equipped with a floating-point unit
/dev/joe
Distributed at 15:18:21 on Tuesday, 3 June 1997

1. All trinkets which are worth a fractional number of A$ are transformed
   into their value in A$, which is given to the treasury.  All fractional
   A$ are returned to the treasury, then recombined into whole A$.  All
   non-A$ fractional entities are destroyed.

2. Amend Rule 594, "Blueprints", as follows:
   In the second paragraph of section (i), change "Such raw materials
     must include a number of Processing Chips equal to at least half those
     used in creating the original Blueprint; if no other raw materials are
     specified, then the Processing Chips are all that is required."
   to:
     "If a blueprint does not require raw materials of at least half the
     number of processing chips (rounded up) used in creating the original
     blueprint, then the text ' Raw materials of N processing chips are
     required.' (with N replaced by the minimum number described above)
     is immediately appended to the blueprint, and any other existing
     requirement of processing chips as raw materials in that blueprint
     is deleted."

3. Amend rule 506, "Trinkets", as follows:
   In the second paragraph, change "Trinkets always have a value in
   positive A$." to "Trinkets always have a positive, integral value
   in A$; this takes precedence over all other rules."

4. Amend rule 500, "Entities", as follows:
   Add a new paragraph at the end of the rule, reading:
   "Entities may not be broken into fractional pieces, and fractional
   pieces of entities may not be created.  When any rule or anything
   else empowered by the rules specifies a fractional number of entities
   are created, destroyed, transferred, or otherwise operated upon, that
   action uses the least integer greater than the fractional number in
   place of the fractional number.  This paragraph takes precedence over
   all other rules."

{{[ This replaces other fraction-bans: ]}}

5. Amend rule 505, "Treasury and AckaDollars" by deleting section IV
   ["No Ackapennies"] and renumbering sections V and VI to IV and V,
   respectively.

6. Amend rule 507, "PF Bonds", by deleting the sentence "They may not be
   broken into fractional PF bonds."

{{[ I've never been convinced that this really works correctly, though
our game custom says it does. ]}}

7. Amend rule 508, "Bond Yields", to read in full:
   "At the end of every two weeks, PF Bond dividends are calculated.
    For each PF bond, the dividend earned is 1% of the change over that
    bond cycle in the score of the player in whose name the bond was
    issued, if that player's score increased, or 0.5% of the change, if
    the score decreased.  The total of the dividends from the PF bonds
    each entity owns is calculated, and that number of A$ is paid to the
    player from the treasury if it is positive; else the negative of that
    number of A$ is transferred from the player to the treasury.

    Two week cycles for PF Bonds shall end on at 12:00 on Mondays of the
    appropriate weeks."

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #83
*************************************