Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #80
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Sunday, June 8 1997      Volume 02 : Number 080

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 00:25:05 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2053

Proposal 2053
Mohammed's Box
Vynd

Create a new rule entitled "Mohammed's Box" with the following text:

[This is the long delayed public voting proposal.  I've given it this
goofball format in an attempt to cut Mohammed some slack, since he'll need
to retool the bot for this.  Our intrpid Postmaster/Demon King/etc might
also want to consider some changes if this passes.]

A unique, unownable entity named Mohammed's Box exists.  It is about the
size of a Refrigerator box, but is made out of wood.  No one knows where
it came from, but some suspect "those pesky aliens"  If Mohammed's Box is
opened, the following ammendment to the rules immediately takes place.

Ammend Rule 106 by deleting the first sentence of the first paragraph and
replacing it with the following sentence: Voting players may vote either
YES, NO, or PRESENT on each proposal, by sending their vote to a public
forum appropriate for voting, as described in the Postal Code.

Immediately after the above ammendment takes place, this Rule shall repeal
itself, and the entity known as Mohammed's Box will cease to exist.

There are only two methods in which Mohammed's Box can be opened.  The
first method is that the Tabulator, or acting Tabulator, can open
Mohammed's Box at any time by posting a public message that he is doing
so.  The only other method to open Mohammed's Box is to wait two weeks
after this rule was accepted, at which time Mohammed's Box will open
by itself.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #80
*************************************