Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #75
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Tuesday, June 3 1997     Volume 02 : Number 075

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:42:22 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2016 accepted (Why are we here anyways?)

Proposal 2016
Why are we here anyways?
Vynd

Votes cast by active players:  20 / 22 = 90.909091%
Yes:  12    No:  7     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	two-star
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Red Barn
	You can call me Al
	Mr. Nacho
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	Antimatter was here
	Guy Fawkes
	Vynd

NO votes:
	Bascule
	breadbox
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Malenkai
	Mohammed
	Techno

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	CarsesraC
	fnord

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2016
Why are we here anyways?
Vynd
Distributed at 23:18:33 on Sunday, 25 May 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

Ammend Rule 603 by changing the sentence "The base value of the Magic
Number is 541" to read:  The base value of the Magic Number is 199.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:51:28 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2042

Proposal 2042
Which trinket??
/dev/joe

This is a modest proposal.

{{[ This fixes the dilemma with Beldin's Parka.  The speaker will choose
trinkets for Thursday, May 29 and Thursday, June 5, when this amendment
takes effect, assuming the rule is still eating trinkets on June 5.]}}

Amend section 6 of Rule 405, Speaker, by adding to the end of the section
the following text:

   "
   When the rules require one of a set of distinct objects to be chosen
   or operated on without specifying how one is to be chosen, the Officer
   in charge of random things shall choose one of the possible choices
   at random, with equal probabilities for all possible choices.

   When this sentence first takes effect, the Officer in Charge of Random
   things shall have three days to announce such choices for all such
   undecided cases which have occurred within the past two weeks, and the
   appropriate objects will be created, destroyed, transferred, or otherwise
   manipulated to restore the game state to that which is would have arrived
   at had these choices been made whenever the events originally occurred;
   after such choices have been made, this sentence will delete itself.
   "

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:51:31 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2017 rejected (More Harfy Aliens)

Proposal 2017
More Harfy Aliens
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  21 / 22 = 95.454545%
Yes:  10    No:  9     Present:  2   ...Proposal rejected.

/dev/joe bribed Tammany A$ 17 to vote YES.

YES votes:
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Red Barn
	You can call me Al
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Techno
	breadbox
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Tammany
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	two-star
	Mr. Nacho
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	Vynd
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Antimatter was here

PRESENT votes:
	Bascule
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	CarsesraC
	fnord

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 17:18:57 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2043

Proposal 2043
The world is full of amatures.
two-star

Bribe: If this is an invalid bribe, or if the validity of this bribe is 
impossible to determine, each player who votes YES on this proposal 
shall receive a trinket, the name of which contains the string "Inky 
Bloater Decoy" and an integer corresponding directly to that players 
position in the alphabetical list of players who have voted YES. 
Otherwise each player who votes YES on this proposal shall receive an 
Otzma Card of type: Self-Flagellation.

Create a rule entitled Amature Hobbyists with the following text:

A class of gadgets known as homecrafted gadgets exists.

Any non-scientist with at least 3 processing chips in eir possesion may 
announce that e is making a homecrafted gadget, if e has not done so 
previously within the calendar month. When e does this, e must choose an 
extant blueprint for a non-homecrafted gadget as the basis for creating 
the gadget. The name of the homecrafted gadget to be created is "A 
Homecrafted N", where N is the name of the gadget that the homecrafted 
gadget is based on, except that any preceding article is removed. The 
blueprint for the homecrafted gadget is the same as the blueprint for 
the gadget that that it is based on, except that any occurance of the 
name of the gadget is replaced by the name of the homecrafted gadget, 
and the following text, delineated by  "here comes the text delineated 
by this line." and "there went the text delineated by this line." is 
appended to the end of the blueprint:

"here comes the text delineated by this line."
Whenever this gadget manipulates a protected entity as described in this 
blueprint, it becomes broken immediately afterward. If this blueprint 
does not describe different behaviors for this gadget depending upon 
whether it is in a broken or non-broken state, it is destroyed 
immediately upon becoming broken.
"there went the text delineated by this line."

At the time that a player legally makes an announcement that e is making 
a homecrafted gadget, three processing chips in eir possession are 
destroyed. One week after that player makes that announcement, a 
homecrafted gadget is created in that player's possession according to 
its blueprint. That player is said to be the creator of that gadget.

{{Renumber this rule to 598}}

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 18:49:07 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2018 rejected (vote for me or I'll break your knee caps)

Proposal 2018

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #75
*************************************