Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #74
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Monday, June 2 1997      Volume 02 : Number 074

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 15:48:34 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2035

Proposal 2035
Otzma Card Impeach Officer
Niccolo Flychuck

Create a new rule which is a member of the Otzma Card Rule Suite, entitled
"Otzma Card of type Impeach Officer" Which contains the following text:
"
1. This rule defines an Otzma Card type called "Impeach Officer"
2. An Otzma Card of type Impeach Officer can only be used in the public
forum.
3. An Otzma Card of type Impeach Officer can't be owned or possesed by a
player who owns an Otzma Card of type 'Go Fish'
4. An Otzma Card of type Impeach Officer is used in the following manner-
 a player posts a message to the public forum naming an Officer he would
like to Impeach. The officer is immediately Impeached. It Counter-Acts
Untouch Me Cards.
5. Counter-Action: The Impeached Officer is reinstated. The player who
played the card loses 20 points. If he holds any Offices. He is Impeached
from an Office chosen at random. Otherwise, he becomes ineligible to hold
political Office for a period of 21 days.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 17:21:04 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2014 accepted (Complying With Eir Last Wishes)

Proposal 2014
Complying With Eir Last Wishes
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  19 / 22 = 86.363636%
Yes:  17    No:  2     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	Bascule
	two-star
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Robert Sevin
	You can call me Al
	Mr. Nacho
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	Guy Fawkes
	Antimatter was here
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Techno
	Mohammed
	Harf Unity vote

NO votes:
	Vynd
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	breadbox

Active players who did not vote:
	CarsesraC
	Red Barn
	fnord

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2014
Complying With Eir Last Wishes
Alfvaen
Distributed at 03:00:07 on Sunday, 25 May 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[In compliance with the wishes of the departed IdiotBoy...]}}

Cause the undead IdiotBoy to cease haunting everything that it is
currently haunting.  Then, transfer those items to the possession of
the Church of Odo In The Wormhole.  Finally, destroy the undead IdiotBoy.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 17:48:08 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2036

Proposal 2036
Increasing the Alien's Odds
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.  

Repeal Rule 2014, "Complying With Eir Last Wishes".  {{[This rule
probably should have been created with self-deletion braces]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 17:48:10 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2015 rejected ("See the Ancient Wonders of Pumpkin Patch!")

Proposal 2015
"See the Ancient Wonders of Pumpkin Patch!"
two-star

Votes cast by active players:  19 / 22 = 86.363636%
Yes:  11    No:  8     Present:  1   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	Bascule
	two-star
	Robert Sevin
	Mr. Nacho
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Alfvaen
	Techno
	Antimatter was here
	Guy Fawkes
	Harf Unity vote

NO votes:
	Niccolo Flychuck
	You can call me Al
	mr cwm
	Vynd
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	Malenkai
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:
	breadbox

Active players who did not vote:
	CarsesraC
	Red Barn
	fnord

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 21:54:17 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2037

Proposal 2037
Slide, Charlie Brown, Slide!
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{Change the score of the player Alfvaen to 76 points.  [So that he may have
the Great Trombone.  Actually, if he times this right, he can just retract
this proposal and do that anyway.  I think it was Robert Sevin who said
that retracing CFJ's(and, I'm sure, Proposals too)to decrease your score
was silly...]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 21:54:18 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2038

Proposal 2038
Improving The Aliens' Changes Even More, Or, The Mini-Renumbering
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

Renumber Rule 2010, "Literature", to 210.
{{[Right after "Modesty And Pride"...]}}

Renumber Rule 1906, "Foolishness", to 207.3.
{{[Affects proposal scoring, so it fits in that rule suite]}}

Renumber Rule 1910, "Thank You Yakko", to 1399.
{{[As far out as we want to go.  :-)]}}

Renumber Rule 1502, "Experts", to 450.
{{[Not quite sure where it _does_ go, but it is marginally relevant to
"Offices"...]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 21:54:19 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2039

Proposal 2039
More workable Works
Vynd

This is a Modest proposal.

Ammend Rule 2010 Literature in the following manner:

Change the first sentence of section III to read: If a proposal creates a
rule that consists entirely of quotations and appropriate citations, as
described in section I, and that proposal was not Modest, then that rule
and the proposal which created it are known as a Great Work.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 21:54:20 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2040

Proposal 2040
Stop Bascule before he kills again!
Vynd

Ammend Rule 517 Contracts in the following manner:

Add the following sentence to the end of the first paragraph: Each
contract is initially owned by the player that created it.

Add the following to the end of the third paragraph:

If, however, two or more contracts signed by a player require him to take
mutually exclusive actions (or inactions), then the contract which that
player signed earliest will take precedence over the other, more recent,
contracts.  In this case, it is not a crime for the player to fail to
honor the more recent, superceded contracts.

Alter part 1) to read:

1) If the signers and owner of the contract all publicly agree to destroy
it, it will be destroyed.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 22:54:27 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2041

Proposal 2041
The Cabinet
Vynd

Create a new rule numbered 945 with the following text:

The Cabinet is a unique, nontradeable entity.  The Cabinet is a very fine
piece of furniture, about 5 and one half feet in height, made out of teak.
It has a number of drawers, in several different sizes, all of which have
well wrought golden handels.  It is otherwise much like any other cabinet,
with the sole exception that it seems to have an infinte amount of storage
space inside it.

The purpose of The Cabinet is to advise the President of Ackanomic.  The
Cabinet is always owned by the current President.  When there is no
President, The Cabinet is Somewhere Else.  Whenever a new player becomes
President, The Cabinet immediately comes into his possesion.

No one is exactly sure how The Cabinet is supposed to advise the
President.  One idea which has gained some popularity is that players
should put advice inside The Cabinet for the various Presidents to turn to
in times of need.  This advice takes the form of trinkets, preferably
trinkets whose descriptions or names actually contain advice.  No player
eccept the current President is allowed to actually place trinkets inside
The Cabinet, however, due to long standing custom.

Any President may place no more than three (3) trinkets into The Cabinet
durring one term in office.  These trinkets may be trinkets that the
President himself has created, or trinkets created by other players and
given to the President with the express wish that they be placed into The
Cabinet.  The President is strongly discouraged from pocketing trinkets
given to him for such a purpose, he should return them if he does not wish
to place them in The Cabinet.

Trinkets inside The Cabinet are owned by The Cabinet, and travel with it
whever it goes.  If the President wishes to remove a trinket or group of
trinkets from The Cabinet, he must first seek approval from the Senate.
The President may post a public message requesting permission to remove a
trinket (or trinkets) from The Cabinet only once per term.  Once such a
call has been made, the Senate has one week to vote on the issue.  This
vote is known as a Confirmation hearing, but is not, in fact, a Hearing.
YES votes are in favor of granting permission, NO votes against it, and
majority rules.  If the Senate fails to complete such a Confirmation
hearing in the alloted week, then the Senators will be placed in Comtempt.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #74
*************************************