Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #73
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Sunday, June 1 1997      Volume 02 : Number 073

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 16:44:01 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2032

Proposal 2032
Senate Stuff Again I
Niccolo Flychuck

This is a Modest proposal.
In R411 "Senate" replace the text "four seats" with the text "six seats"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 16:44:02 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2033

Proposal 2033
Senate Stuff Again II
Niccolo Flychuck

Append to R411 "Senate" the following text:
"A Senator's term in office is 12 weeks"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 17:50:22 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2034

Proposal 2034
ParlePlace
Niccolo Flychuck

The number of Seats of the the Office of Parlor is the highest of 5 and
the number of players divided by 8. The Parlors are collectively known as
an Institution known as the ParlePlace.
Whenever there is more than one unoccpied Seat of Office of Parlor, and
the begining of the nomination period on the unoccupied Seats  has not
been anounced yet, the Speaker anounces the nomination period for all of
the unoccupied Offices in a single message. In such a case, players do not
volunterr for a specific Seat, but for any unoccupied Seat of the Office
of Parlor.
During the Voting period, players may vote for at most (2/n)+1 candidates,
where n is the number of unoccupied Seats . The players who receives the
1st to nth highest number of votes win the elections.
Whenever the number of Seats of the Office of Parlor decreases then
governement Cutbakcs are declared and the
following things occur to determine which Parlor ceases to be Parlor:
Any Parlor may Challenge any other Parlor to a Parlor Duel. The loser of
the Parlor Duel ceases to be Parlor. Once a challenge for a Parlor Duel
has been accepted, no other Duels are considered to be Parlor Duels.
If no Challenge for a Parlor Duel has been made and accepted within a week
of the declaration of Cutbacks, and no Parlor has resigned of eir own
volition, then the Speaker anounces Full Parlor elections - 
All Parlors cease to be Parlors.

A Parlor's term in office is 14 weeks.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #73
*************************************