Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #70
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Thursday, May 29 1997     Volume 02 : Number 070

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:48:33 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2024

Proposal 2024
Generic Proposal Title #2024
ThinMan

This is a modest proposal.

Amend rule 348 by inserting the following text (delimited by double
percent signs) between the first and second paragraphs:
%%
No named entity may have a name that matches a former name of any
current or former player, except that a player may change his name to
one that he previously held.
{{ [ Current names are already protected by the previous paragraph. ] }}
%%

Amend rule 251 by deleting the third paragraph.

Amend rule 250 by appending the following text (delimited by double
ampersands) as a seperate paragraph:
&&
No matter how many times a person legally registers as a player in
Ackanomic, that person is always considered the same player.  [That is,
if a player quits and later rejoins, he is considered the same player.]
&&

{{ [ Harfy as they may be, NachoMan's and Antimatter's name squabbles
do not strike me as something that we want to go on continuously.
ICOCBW.  Names can be very personal things, and I do not want to have
to continuously safeguard mine.  Players are already forbidden from
taking the current or past names of other players; these amendments
will extend the same restrictions to other entities.

The amendment to R348 is the functional part.  The last part of R251
then becomes redundant.  The amendment to R250 is grease to make sure
things work correctly for players who quit and later rejoin; it may
prove useful for more than just names. ] }}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #70
*************************************