Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #67
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Monday, May 26 1997      Volume 02 : Number 067

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 03:00:07 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2014

Proposal 2014
Complying With Eir Last Wishes
Alfvaen

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[In compliance with the wishes of the departed IdiotBoy...]}}

Cause the undead IdiotBoy to cease haunting everything that it is
currently haunting.  Then, transfer those items to the possession of
the Church of Odo In The Wormhole.  Finally, destroy the undead IdiotBoy.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:39:19 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2009 accepted (Blue Chips)

Proposal 2009
Blue Chips
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  15 / 21 = 71.428571%
Yes:  9    No:  3     Present:  3   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	You can call me Al
	IdiotBoy
	Niccolo Flychuck
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	Antimatter
	Guy Fawkes

NO votes:
	Bascule
	/dev/joe
	Techno

PRESENT votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	breadbox
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	snowgod
	Red Barn
	fnord
	ThinMan

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 2009
Blue Chips
Alfvaen
Distributed at 13:59:08 on Saturday, 17 May 1997

{{[Since it has been stated that Processing Chips are useless and should
perhaps be dispensed with, I thought I'd give them some use, that more
or less makes sense to me...]}}

Amend Rule 594, "Blueprints", in the following ways:

Replace clause (i) (delimited by FOO)

FOO
(i) Blueprints are unownable entities. A Scientist can create a new 
Blueprint by posting its text publicly. In this case, the Scientist is 
the creator of the Blueprint. A Rule can also create a new Blueprint by 
specifying that it is doing so, and specifying the text of the new 
Blueprint. In this case, the author of the Rule is considered the 
creator of the Blueprint. 

An attempt to create a new Blueprint fails if its text does not (a) 
introduce exactly one new type of Gadget, (b) name the new Gadget type, 
and (c) unambiguously define the behavior of such a Gadget. A blueprint 
may state a requirement of various raw materials. If no raw material are 
mentioned then none are required. 

A Scientist may create no more than 4 Blueprints per calendar month. 
FOO

with the following (delimited by BAR)

BAR
(i) Blueprints are unownable entities. A Scientist can create a new
Blueprint by posting its text publicly. If the Scientist has no Processing
Chips, then the Blueprint is not created; otherwise, one Processing Chip
is destroyed for every ten sentences, of fraction thereof, in the
Blueprint.  In this case, the Scientist is the creator of the Blueprint. A
Rule can also create a new Blueprint by specifying that it is doing so,
and specifying the text of the new Blueprint. In this case, the author
of the Rule is considered the creator of the Blueprint.

An attempt to create a new Blueprint fails if its text does not (a) 
introduce exactly one new type of Gadget, (b) name the new Gadget type, 
and (c) unambiguously define the behavior of such a Gadget. A blueprint 
may state a requirement of various raw materials.  Such raw materials
must include a number of Processing Chips equal to at least half those
used in creating the original Blueprint; if no other raw materials are
specified, then the Processing Chips are all that is required.

A Scientist may create no more than 4 Blueprints per calendar month. 
BAR

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:39:19 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P2008 rejected (Salary Cap)

Proposal 2008
Salary Cap
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  16 / 21 = 76.190476%
Yes:  6    No:  9     Present:  1   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	IdiotBoy
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Alfvaen
	Guy Fawkes

NO votes:
	You can call me Al
	Atilla the Pun
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Bascule
	Antimatter
	breadbox
	/dev/joe
	Techno
	Vynd

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Mohammed
	snowgod
	Red Barn
	fnord
	ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 14:27:24 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2015

Proposal 2015
"See the Ancient Wonders of Pumpkin Patch!"
two-star

The optional Office of Assistant Curator of the Extra-Acka Collection, 
(refered to heretofore as ACEAC) exists. The ACEAC is responsible for 
promoting cultural exange between Acka and its trade partners, by 
bringing exotic entities from other nomics to the Museum in exchange for 
loaning entities from the Museum to other nomics. The ACEAC has the 
following privileges:

i)E may nominate an entity capable of receiving tradeable entities 
within a trade partner of Acka to be Rather Like a Museum, to be 
confirmed by a majority vote in the Senate. No more than three entities 
within any trade-partner may be Rather Like a Museum, and no entity may 
be declared Rather Like a Museum except according to the rules.
ii)E may declare an entity that is Rather Like a Museum to no longer be 
so.
iii)E may direct the museum to give any tradeable entities it posseses 
to a Rather Like a Museum entity, in exchange for an entity or entities 
possesed by it, with the understanding that the entities traded in this 
manner should be traded back to their previous owners within 60 days. 
Any entity received by the Museum in this manner is part of the 
Extra-Acka collection.
iv)Consequently, e may also direct the museum to trade entities in the 
Extra-Acka collection to a Rather Like the Museum entity, in exchange 
for entities previously owned by the Museum.
v)E may set an exclusive admission fee, which is a positive number of 
AckaDollars, for any entity in the Extra-Acka collection. Any player, 
with the exception of the ACEAC, may pay the museum the exclusive 
admission fee; in exchange, that player will possess that entity for the 
next four days, after which it is transfered back to the Museum. No 
player may pay the exclusive admission fee more than twice per entity. 
When the entity is returned to the museum, the Museum will pay 1/3 of 
the exclusive admission fee, rounded down, to the ACEAC. If the ACEAC 
does not set an exclusive admission fee, it is 300 A$ by default.

The ACEAC has the following duty:
i)To ensure that any entity given to a Rather Like a Museum entity under 
eir direction is returned to the Museum within 60 days, or before e 
leaves the office of ACEAC, if e leaves voluntarily.

Additionally, the ACEAC should arrange for a list of entities that are 
Rather Like a Museum, and the entities from the museum that were traded 
to them to be kept on the web.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 23:18:33 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2016

Proposal 2016
Why are we here anyways?
Vynd

This is a Modest proposal.

Ammend Rule 603 by changing the sentence "The base value of the Magic
Number is 541" to read:  The base value of the Magic Number is 199.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #67
*************************************