Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #61
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Sunday, May 18 1997      Volume 02 : Number 061

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 13:59:07 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2008

Proposal 2008
Salary Cap
Alfvaen

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 401 ("Offices, Commonalities") by appending the following
sentence to clause (v), "Salaries":

   If any one player would otherwise receive more than A$100 per salary
   period, that player will instead receive A$100 for each period.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 13:59:08 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2009

Proposal 2009
Blue Chips
Alfvaen

{{[Since it has been stated that Processing Chips are useless and should
perhaps be dispensed with, I thought I'd give them some use, that more
or less makes sense to me...]}}

Amend Rule 594, "Blueprints", in the following ways:

Replace clause (i) (delimited by FOO)

FOO
(i) Blueprints are unownable entities. A Scientist can create a new 
Blueprint by posting its text publicly. In this case, the Scientist is 
the creator of the Blueprint. A Rule can also create a new Blueprint by 
specifying that it is doing so, and specifying the text of the new 
Blueprint. In this case, the author of the Rule is considered the 
creator of the Blueprint. 

An attempt to create a new Blueprint fails if its text does not (a) 
introduce exactly one new type of Gadget, (b) name the new Gadget type, 
and (c) unambiguously define the behavior of such a Gadget. A blueprint 
may state a requirement of various raw materials. If no raw material are 
mentioned then none are required. 

A Scientist may create no more than 4 Blueprints per calendar month. 
FOO

with the following (delimited by BAR)

BAR
(i) Blueprints are unownable entities. A Scientist can create a new
Blueprint by posting its text publicly. If the Scientist has no Processing
Chips, then the Blueprint is not created; otherwise, one Processing Chip
is destroyed for every ten sentences, of fraction thereof, in the
Blueprint.  In this case, the Scientist is the creator of the Blueprint. A
Rule can also create a new Blueprint by specifying that it is doing so,
and specifying the text of the new Blueprint. In this case, the author
of the Rule is considered the creator of the Blueprint.

An attempt to create a new Blueprint fails if its text does not (a) 
introduce exactly one new type of Gadget, (b) name the new Gadget type, 
and (c) unambiguously define the behavior of such a Gadget. A blueprint 
may state a requirement of various raw materials.  Such raw materials
must include a number of Processing Chips equal to at least half those
used in creating the original Blueprint; if no other raw materials are
specified, then the Processing Chips are all that is required.

A Scientist may create no more than 4 Blueprints per calendar month. 
BAR

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 14:44:21 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1976 rejected (Trinket Name And Description Changes)

Proposal 1976
Trinket Name And Description Changes
Alfvaen

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 17 = 70.588235%
Yes:  4    No:  8     Present:  0   ...Proposal rejected.

Alfvaen attempted to bribe Tammany A$ 5 to vote YES, but didn't have enough A$.

YES votes:
	Atilla the Pun
	IdiotBoy
	Alfvaen
	snowgod

NO votes:
	/dev/joe
	Bascule
	two-star
	Guy Fawkes
	Antimatter
	ThinMan
	Techno
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:

Active players who did not vote:
	breadbox
	You can call me Al
	mr cwm
	Vynd
	Red Barn
	Niccolo Flychuck
	fnord

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #61
*************************************