Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #59
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest      Friday, May 16 1997      Volume 02 : Number 059

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:21:28 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2002

Proposal 2002
Widget Repair
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest proposal.  In Rule 942, replace, "The Widget will 
automatically change its state to tweaked if it is in the frobbed state" 
to "The Widget will automatically change its state to tweaked if it is in 
the frobbed state when traded or".  Delete section 2).  Renumber sections 3) 
and 4) to 2) and 3), respectively.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 08:48:35 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2003

Proposal 2003
Ackanomic Roulette
Guy Fawkes

Create a new rule, numbered 904 and entitled "The Anti-Gumball", with 
text as follows:

There exists a unique entity called the Anti-Gumball, which may be chewed 
only on days whose dates are prime numbers greater than seven.  It tastes 
much like the Gumball in many ways, but has a distinctly opposite flavor.

If any player legally announces he is chewing both the Gumball and the 
Anti-Gumball in the same message, the Officer in Charge of Random Things 
shall determine which of the following equally probable events happen:

1) Quantum Inflation: The fabric of the Universe strectches, forming new 
mass-energy, and the chewing player is awarded a Boon of the Ancients.

2) Thermonuclear Annhilation: A (REALLY) big explosion occurs.  All 
trinkets in the player's possession are obliterated (their monetary value 
goes to the Treasury), along with all eir non-indestructible Gadgets.  In 
addition, e receives a Victory Eggplant and suffers a -10 point penalty for 
each player (emself included) in eir current location, and e, along with all 
other players in the same location, is sent to the Ackanomic Afterlife.  It is 
a Crime to cause Thermonuclear Annhilation where other players are present.  
In addition, both the Gumball and the Anti-Gumball are blown into the 
Stratosphere and cannot be chewed for the remainder of the day.

{{[ Yes, I realize this has the potential to create suicide cults seeking 
paranormal powers, among other things.  Ain't Acka great? ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:22:01 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2004

Proposal 2004
Preventing Near-Infinite Appeals
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest Proposal.

In Rule 217, change, 
"A player may not make more than 3 appeals of the same CFJ." 
to 
"A single CFJ may not be appealed more than three times."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 12:46:26 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 2005

Proposal 2005
Point Win Finesse (Brute Force is No Fun)
Guy Fawkes

Amend Rule 603 to read in full:

Points are entities. It is possible for a Player to have a negative 
number of points. 

The number of points a Player has is commonly referred to as his or 
her score; when it is specified that a Player's score is changed, the 
appropriate number of points are created or destroyed in order to 
accomplish the specified change. 

The Magic Number is the number of points needed to end a cycle by 
points. The base value of the Magic Number is 541. The Magic Number, and 
its base value, may only be changed as specified by the rules. 

If one or more players ever have a score greater than or equal to the 
Magic Number, the cycle immediately ends.  The winner(s) of the cycle 
shall be those player(s) with the second highest score.

(For the purposes of this rule, "the second highest score" is the second 
highest number which is the score of one or more players.  Though three 
players might have the same score, it is still only one score.)

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #59
*************************************