Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #48
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest   Wednesday, April 23 1997   Volume 02 : Number 048

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 03:00:12 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1956

Proposal 1956
How can you set a player to 36, anyway?
snowgod

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

{{ snowgod's score is changed to -50 . Any player with a negitive score,
other than snowgod, is set to 36}}

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 03:00:14 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1958

Proposal 1958
Yes Phoebe, We are more foolish than Rishonomic
snowgod

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

Ackanomic must always strive to be the silliest play by email game of nomic
in existance on the internet.

If, during his journeys, the Ambassador discovers that the ruleset of
another net-based nomic is substantially sillier than that of ackanomic he
must issue a report stating so. This report must begin with the words "Oh,
woe are we," and contain at least three specific references to mimsy
entities.

Once a report has been issued, as specified by this rule the following
events must occur:

1) 3 harfy proposals must be adopted.

2) The speaker must compose, and read, a silly haiku praising the Fat Lady

3) Anyone in possesion of a mimsy entity must post a message thanking the
financier for his great work in service to ackanomic in general, and for
his great work in the collection and inventory of entities in specific.

If all three of these conditions are not fulfilled within 14 days of the
issuance of the report, then every players score shall imediatly be set to
- -6, with the exception of the harfmeister (whoever that may be at the end
of the 14 day period) who's score shall be set to -13.

This rule specifically defers to other rules that outline events that occur
upon the issuance of a report, or results of non-compliance with said
events.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 03:00:13 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1957

Proposal 1957
Give me your head, foolish man.
snowgod

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

Upon leaving the game, a player may have his head removed and preserved
cryogenically. He may then donate his head to a player of his choosing, or
announce that his head is currently unowned.

If a player leaving the game announces that his head is unowned the auction
process will occur in the same manner as if the head was a recently
completed gadget. A preserved head is an asset, and may be traded on the
free market.

If a player does not state what is to be done with his head, it shall be
assumed that it leaves the game with him.

This rules takes precedence over all rules which would deny a player the
right to remove, give away, or sell his head.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 03:00:11 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1955

Proposal 1955
Binary Me
snowgod

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

01100101 01110100 01101001 01110100 01101100 01100101 01101111 01100110
01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 01110010 01110101 01101100 01100101

All messages to the public forum must be in the form of a binary ASCII
representaion of the English language.

There are two exceptions to this rule: Any player who owns a Captain Cosmic
Decoder Ring (if such a thing should exist) is exempt from the provisions
of this rule. Any player who is wearing a prosthetic forhead is also
exempt.

[for example, I've included the text of this proposal in binary ASCII:

01000001 01101100 01101100 01101101 01100101 01110011 01110011 01100001
01100111 01100101 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110100 01101000 01100101
01110000 01110101 01100010 01101100 01101001 01100011 01100110 01101111
01110010 01110101 01101101 01101101 01110101 01110011 01110100 01100010
01100101 01101001 01101110 01110100 01101000 01100101 01100110 01101111
01110010 01101101 01101111 01100110 01100001 01100010 01101001 01101110
01100001 01110010 01111001 01000001 01010011 01000011 01001001 01001001
01110010 01100101 01110000 01110010 01100101 01110011 01100101 01101110
01110100 01100001 01101001 01101111 01101110 01101111 01100110 01110100
01101000 01100101 01000101 01101110 01100111 01101100 01101001 01110011
01101000 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100111 01110101 01100001 01100111
01100101 00101110

01010100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110010 01100101
01110100 01110111 01101111 01100101 01111000 01100011 01100101 01110000
01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110100
01101000 01101001 01110011 01110010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00111010
01000001 01101110 01111001 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 01100101
01110010 01110111 01101000 01101111 01101111 01110111 01101110 01110011
01100001 01000011 01100001 01110000 01110100 01100001 01101001 01101110
01000011 01101111 01110011 01101101 01101001 01100011 01000100 01100101
01100011 01101111 01100100 01100101 01110010 01010010 01101001 01101110
01100111 00101000 01101001 01100110 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101000
01100001 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 01110011 01101000
01101111 01110101 01101100 01100100 01100101 01111000 01101001 01110011
01110100 00101001 01101001 01110011 01100101 01111000 01100101 01101101
01110000 01110100 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101101 01110100 01101000
01100101 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110110 01101001 01110011 01101001
01101111 01101110 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100 01101000 01101001
01110011 01110010 01110101 01101100 01100101 00101110 01000001 01101110
01111001 01110000 01101100 01100001 01111001 01100101 01110010 01110111
01101000 01101111 01101001 01110011 01110111 01100101 01100001 01110010
01101001 01101110 01100111 01100001 01110000 01110010 01101111 01110011
01110100 01101000 01100101 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100110 01101111
01110010 01101000 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01110011 01100001
01101100 01110011 01101111 01100101 01111000 01100101 01101101 01110000
01110100 00101110 ]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:34:14 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1959

Proposal 1959
Loosing your foolish head
CarsesraC

This is a foolish proposal.

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.

If a player doesn't own is first head it loses its right to vote.

If a player owns one head or more extra heads that are not its first head.
He gets a extra voting right for every extra head.

A player can only have one head that is his first head.
A player can have other heads that are implanted, but unless they 
have not been someone first head e will get an extra voting right.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:39:22 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1960

Proposal 1960
Foolishness Pointers
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest Proposal.  Amend condition b) in Rule 1906 to read:

"b) The rest of the text of the proposal is a previously submitted and 
rejected proposal, altered in no way from this previously submitted 
proposal except in the updating of numerical rule pointers."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:58:08 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1961

Proposal 1961
A Rather Mediocre Game
Guy Fawkes

Create a new rule, a member of the Games & Contests Rule Suite, entitled 
"Mediocrity," containing the text below:

[Gist: Mediocrity is a psychological game won by guessing the "middle" 
number -- but not too often!  I've seen variations of it in several 
places, none of which give any indication of who to credit for it.]

General equipment: Gamepoints as needed.

Players: minimum 3, maximum: the number of players in the game of 
Ackanomic at the inception of a game of Mediocrity

Referees: none

The Rules of Mediocrity:

Starting an instance of the game: Via the method described in rule 1250.1, 
section VI a).  Also, the player announcing the beginning of an insance of 
Medicrity shall randomly assign each player a different integer in the 
range of 1 to n, where n is the number of players in the game (of 
Mediocrity).

Mediocrity: For a given set of numbers, the most Medicore one is 
determined as follows:
1) The numbers are listed in increasing order: the first member is the 
smallest number in the set, each succeeding member is equal to or greater 
than the previous one.
2) If the set has an odd number N of members, the (N+1)/2 member is 
near-Mediocre; if the set has an even number of members, the N/2 member 
is near-Mediocre.
3) If the value of the near-Mediocre member is unique in that set, it is
the most Mediocre number in the set.
4) If the value of the near-Mediocre member is not unique in the set, all
instances of the near-Mediocre number are removed from the set, and steps 1-3 
are applied to the remaining members.
5) If no member of the set can be found to be the most Mediocre member, 
then the set has no most Mediocre member.

Play: play consists of rounds -- each round, one of the players shall be
be Moderator.  A round begins when the Moderator announces the beginning
of that round; it ends when the Moderator announces the result of that 
round, or after six days.  A round must last at least three days.

Player 1 is the Moderator at the beginning of the game; thereafter, at the
end of each round, the player whose player number is the smallest player
number greater than that of the current Moderator becomes Moderator.  
(After a round in which the player with the highest player number was 
Moderator, player 1 becomes Moderator again.) If the Moderator fails to 
announce the beginning of the next round within three days of the end of 
the last round, or if player 1 fails to announce the beginning of the 
first round within three days of the beginning of the game, the first 
player to name emself Moderator and announce the beginning
of the next round (in the same message) is Moderator.

During a round, each player other than the Moderator sends the Moderator a
positive einteger in the range of 1 to 2n, where n is the number of
players other than the Moderator in the game.  If any player(s) fail to do
so, the Moderator shall randomly determine which integer in this range
each of these players chose.

To end a round by announcing its results, the Moderator posts the 
following:  the number selected by each player, the player (if any) who 
selected the most Mediocre number of those selected, and the current 
score of the game.  (Each player's score is the number of Gamepoints e 
currently has for that instance of Mediocrity.  All players 
begin the game with zero Gamepoints; a player gains one 
Gamepoint whenever e selects the most Mediocre number in a round.)

If a round ends because of the expiration of the six-day time limit, the 
Moderator is removed from the list of players (e is deemed to have quit 
the game).  No players score any Gamepoints for that round.  A 
player may also be removed from the player list by announcing eir 
resignation from either the game of Mediocrity or the game of Ackanomic, 
or by being removed involuntarily fromt the game of Ackanomic.

Winning the Game:
If at the end of a round, the sum of the scores of all players is greater 
than or equal to twice the number of players, and there exists a most 
Mediocre score from the set of player scores, the player with the most 
Mediocre score wins, and the game ends.

Trophy: the winner of the game shall receive a standard Trophy, and a 
rather Mediocre example of one at that.  The winner is encouraged to 
complain (albeit it a rather nonplussed manner) about the Medicore nature 
of the Trophy.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:56:22 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1921 accepted (Malenkai's Gnome)

Proposal 1921
Malenkai's Gnome
Malenkai

Votes cast by active players:  15 / 19 = 78.947368%
Yes:  9    No:  5     Present:  6   ...Proposal accepted.

Malenkai attempted to bribe Tammany A$ 23 to vote YES,but didn't have enough A$.

YES votes:
	Malenkai's Bonus Vote
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	Antimatter
	/dev/joe
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	IdiotBoy
	CarsesraC
	fnord
	snowgod
	Vynd

PRESENT votes:
	You can call me Al
	Robert Sevin
	two-star
	breadbox
	Bascule
	ThinMan

Active players who did not vote:
	Ackers
	Narf
	Techno
	Red Barn

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1921
Malenkai's Gnome
Malenkai
Distributed at 09:33:11 on Tuesday, 15 April 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

Repeal rule 530, "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 1"
Repeal rule 531, "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 2"
Repeal rule 532, "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 3"

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:31:05 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1922 accepted ("Silly Forth!")

Proposal 1922
"Silly Forth!"
two-star

Votes cast by active players:  16 / 19 = 84.210526%
Yes:  15    No:  3     Present:  2   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	You can call me Al
	IdiotBoy
	CarsesraC
	Niccolo Flychuck
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	fnord
	Antimatter
	Narf
	ThinMan
	snowgod
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	Bascule
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	breadbox

Active players who did not vote:
	Ackers
	Techno
	Red Barn

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1922
"Silly Forth!"
two-star
Distributed at 12:23:20 on Tuesday, 15 April 1997

Append the following paragraph to the end of Rule 207.1/4 "That's just 
silly"
 
Any player who scores points in the above manner may publicly announce, 
in the seven days following the proposals acceptance, "The new silly 
phrase is ****", where **** is a three word phrase. All instances of the 
phrase "cows eat grass" in this rule will be replaced by the three word 
phrase chosen by that player.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 22:26:42 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1923 accepted (Left the bathtub running over, stereo on and cooking bacon)

Proposal 1923
Left the bathtub running over, stereo on and cooking bacon
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  16 / 19 = 84.210526%
Yes:  14    No:  3     Present:  4   ...Proposal accepted.

#award /dev/joe: 2 A$ : elec. potato P1923, April 22

YES votes:
	You can call me Al
	IdiotBoy
	Niccolo Flychuck
	two-star
	Calvin N Hobbes
	mr cwm
	fnord
	ThinMan
	/dev/joe
	snowgod
	Mohammed
	Guy Fawkes
	Vynd
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	CarsesraC
	Narf
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	breadbox
	Antimatter
	Bascule

Active players who did not vote:
	Ackers
	Techno
	Red Barn

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1923
Left the bathtub running over, stereo on and cooking bacon
/dev/joe
Distributed at 16:32:44 on Tuesday, 15 April 1997

I was young and foolish then, I feel old and foolish now.
Amend rule 841, "Towers", by adding the following new section at the end:

9) Each building with an Ostentatious Tower also has a basement capable of
holding one player for each 20 meters in the combined height of all towers
on that building.  When a Tornado strikes, if the total number of players
in a building with a basement who are not otherwise sheltered is less
than or equal to the capacity of the basement, then all those players
manage to escape to the basement and are sheltered.  If there are too many
such players in a building, then while fighting to get into the basement,
none of them manage to get in before the tornado hits.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #48
*************************************