Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #46
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Monday, April 21 1997     Volume 02 : Number 046

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:51:55 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1940

Proposal 1940
Declining the Machine
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.
- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Amend Rule 1209, "The Machine That Goes *ping*", to replace:

"
      IX. If the Scholar is placed in Gaol or goes on vacation, the
Machine randomly teleports itself to another active player's Home. 
"

with:

"
      IX. If the Scholar is placed in Gaol or goes on vacation, the
Machine randomly teleports itself to another active player's home.
If, before the Scholar announces the Truth, he claims in a public
message: "I have weighter matters to research, such as the shape
of the Earth", the Machine teleports itself to another active 
player's home.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:51:57 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1941

Proposal 1941
Fewer Electoral Ties
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest Proposal.  Amend Rule 402 "Offices, Related Definitions" as 
follows:

In clause (ii)(h), increment the numbers of methods 1, 2, and 3 by one.

Insert the following immediately before method 2):

1) Recount: Count Tabula shall once again tally the votes and announce 
the election's winner(s) as described in sections (f) and (g) above, 
except that this time, votes by non-Player entities shall not be counted.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:51:57 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1942

Proposal 1942
Repeal Another Unused Rule
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest proposal.  Repeal Rule 511, "In Debt".
{{[ Rule 510 covers the area adequately.  As far as I know, no one has 
ever been in debt; if it were to happen, R510 would freeze the account 
until it was positive again.  Also, the interest and 'divots' bits are 
simply one more thing for the financier to track. ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:38:54 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1915 accepted (Land Sales)

Proposal 1915
Land Sales
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 19 = 63.157895%
Yes:  14    No:  1     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	two-star
	IdiotBoy
	Niccolo Flychuck
	CarsesraC
	Calvin N Hobbes
	fnord
	/dev/joe
	ThinMan
	snowgod
	Guy Fawkes
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	You can call me Al

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	breadbox
	Bascule
	mr cwm
	Ackers
	Narf
	Techno
	Red Barn

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1915
Land Sales
/dev/joe
Distributed at 03:40:22 on Sunday, 13 April 1997

I. Amend rule 839, "Buildings", as follows:

 1. Delete the paragraph which reads:

    "All deals to sell or buy common land which would result in a player
     owning more than 5kaa of land must be approved by Senate vote.
     Otherwise the Financier will acknowledge the transactions."

    {{[I'm moving this to R844 where it fits better.]}}

 2. Add to the end of the rule:

    "Buildings are always owned by whoever or whatever owns the land that
     the building sits on, or unowned if that land is unowned.  If the
     land which a building sits on is at any time not all owned by the
     same player or entity (or all unowned), the building is immediately
     destroyed, unless it is a building specified by the rules to exist.
     In the latter case, the building and all the land it sits on are
     transferred to the last player to have owned all that land at the
     same time; if no such player exists or that player is no longer a
     player or otherwise is prohibited from owning the land and/or
     building, the land and building become unowned."

II. Amend rule 844, "Land Baroncy", as follows:

 1. Delete the sentence "This purchase does not require senate
    approval; this paragraph takes precedence over rule 839."

 2. Insert after the first paragraph:

    "All deals to buy common land at any other price, or to buy common land
     with a building on it, or which would result in a player owning more
     than 5 kaa of land, and all deals to sell land to the treasury must
     be approved by senate vote.  When the senate approves a land deal,
     the transaction occurs when the approval is announced, if there is
     no other reason it cannot occur.

     Land is tradable, but any trade which would result in a player
     owning more than 5 kaa of land must be approved by senate vote.
     When such a transaction is agreed upon by two players or other
     entities, the senate is called to vote on the matter. If the senate
     approves the trade, it occurs when the senate announces the result;
     if the senate fails to post a result for the vote, the trade occurs
     when the senators are placed in Contempt for failing to do so."

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 15:05:12 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1943

Proposal 1943
Fixing a Lacuna in the Crystal Chalice Rule
breadbox

This is a Modest Proposal.

Replace the text in Rule 607 "Winning by Finding the Crystal Chalice"
that currently reads:

"
The Purple Key may remain in the possession of any Player for any
length of time, subject to the following conditions:

1. The current Cycle has not ended.
2. The Player possessing the Purple Key has no other Keys.

If at any time the Player possessing the Purple Key is given another
Key, that Key must be transferred to another Player within seven (7)
days or else the Purple Key is transferred back to the Chartreuse
Goose.
"

with the following text:

"
The Purple Key may remain in the possession of any Player for any
length of time, subject to the following conditions:

1. The Cycle in which the Player received the Purple Key has not ended.
2. The Player possessing the Purple Key has no other Keys.

As soon as either of these conditions are no longer true, the Player
possessing the Purple Key must transfer the Purple Key to another
Player within seven (7) days or else the Purple Key is transferred
back to the Chartreuse Goose.
"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #46
*************************************