Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #41
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest   Wednesday, April 16 1997   Volume 02 : Number 041

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 19:37:27 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1924

Proposal 1924
Terms of Indenture
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest Proposal.

{{[ Possible applications of Indentured Servitude, included in a separate
proposal so that specific applications might not kill the general idea.]}}

Create a new rule with text as follows:

If the proposal whose number was one less than this rule's number passed,
the rule changes numbered 1 and 2 below shall take place, and then this
rule shall repeal itself.  If that proposal failed, this rule shall repeal
itself without enacting the rule changes numbered 1 and 2 below.  This
section takes precedence over all other parts of this rule. 

{{[ Name-calling and a 10-point penalty haven't seemed to be an effective
deterrent against deadbeating.  This might be, and if it isn't, it should
at least make things interesting. ]}}

1) Amend the last paragraph of Rule 212 "Selecting a Judge" to read,
"Whenever a player is considered a deadbeat as per this rule or rule 213,
their name is added to the CFJ Ineligibility List if it is not already
there.  Also, three Certificates of Indenture associated with that player
are created and sold at in a Public Auction."

{{[ Getting thrown in Gaol over Contempt always seemed like more of a
nuissnace for all the other players than a punishment for the Contemptuous
one, particularly when the only Contempt that happens reguarly in the
Senate as a whole getting thrown in Gaol. ]}}

2) Amend the first paragraph of Rule 715 "in Contempt" to read, "A player
who is held in Contempt shall either have a Certificate of Indenture
associated with em created and sold at public auction (with the proceeds
going to the treasury), or be placed in the Gaol for three days. The
player who is in Contempt is allowed to choose which of the two options he
would like. If the player does not make a choice within three days of
being held in Contempt it will be assumed that he has chosen the
Certificate of Indenture."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 23:41:22 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1925

Proposal 1925
Ackanomic Imperialism
Guy Fawkes

This is a Modest proposal.  Insert the following as a preface to Rule 1910:

The following is a list of Ackanomic protectorates.  Although in 
the spirit of Ackanomic democracy, they are granted a large degree of 
sovreignty and nearly complete home rule, the President of Ackanomic is a 
ceremonial figurehead is these lands, much like e is in Acka proper:

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #41
*************************************