Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #38
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Monday, April 14 1997     Volume 02 : Number 038

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 03:40:22 -0500
From: Acrobot <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1915

Proposal 1915
Land Sales
/dev/joe

I. Amend rule 839, "Buildings", as follows:

 1. Delete the paragraph which reads:

    "All deals to sell or buy common land which would result in a player
     owning more than 5kaa of land must be approved by Senate vote.
     Otherwise the Financier will acknowledge the transactions."

    {{[I'm moving this to R844 where it fits better.]}}

 2. Add to the end of the rule:

    "Buildings are always owned by whoever or whatever owns the land that
     the building sits on, or unowned if that land is unowned.  If the
     land which a building sits on is at any time not all owned by the
     same player or entity (or all unowned), the building is immediately
     destroyed, unless it is a building specified by the rules to exist.
     In the latter case, the building and all the land it sits on are
     transferred to the last player to have owned all that land at the
     same time; if no such player exists or that player is no longer a
     player or otherwise is prohibited from owning the land and/or
     building, the land and building become unowned."

II. Amend rule 844, "Land Baroncy", as follows:

 1. Delete the sentence "This purchase does not require senate
    approval; this paragraph takes precedence over rule 839."

 2. Insert after the first paragraph:

    "All deals to buy common land at any other price, or to buy common land
     with a building on it, or which would result in a player owning more
     than 5 kaa of land, and all deals to sell land to the treasury must
     be approved by senate vote.  When the senate approves a land deal,
     the transaction occurs when the approval is announced, if there is
     no other reason it cannot occur.

     Land is tradable, but any trade which would result in a player
     owning more than 5 kaa of land must be approved by senate vote.
     When such a transaction is agreed upon by two players or other
     entities, the senate is called to vote on the matter. If the senate
     approves the trade, it occurs when the senate announces the result;
     if the senate fails to post a result for the vote, the trade occurs
     when the senators are placed in Contempt for failing to do so."

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #38
*************************************