Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #25
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Monday, March 31 1997     Volume 02 : Number 025

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 01:49:42 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1886

Proposal 1886
Saving Bandwidth
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[at least 2 newspapers this month have wasted bandwidth with filler
for the sole purpose of complying with this rule.  I'm not terribly
opposed to that, (just somewhat), but I want to make sure that there
is a clear mandate from Acka to fill players' mailboxes with filler :)]}}

- -----------------------------------------------------------------

Amend rule 925, "The Press", to remove:

"
      A newspaper must publish at least one article during each calendar
month, or it will cease to exist.  When this happens, the newspaper is
said to have gone belly-up.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:19:01 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1887

Proposal 1887
Ackanomic Extermination Company
Narf

There exists an unownable entity known as the Ackanomic Extermination
Company.  All employees of the Ackanomic Extermination Company are Sharp
Dressed Men.  Every woman's crazy about a sharp dressed man.

The fact that every woman's crazy about a sharp dressed man does not prevent
TMBG from being the official band of Ackanomic.

The Ackanomic Extermination Company can collect fees for services rendered.

The Ackanomic Extermination Company is, in reality, a cleverly disguised
subsidiary of the Narfalone family.  All fees paid to the Ackanomic
Extermination Company are turned over to the Narfalone family.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:34:30 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1888

Proposal 1888
Reorganization IV
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[

Hopefully the last re-org ;).  This has 2 main parts and some miscellany.

The first moves the winning conditions into the end of cycle section
(600s).  Makes sense to me, and unclutters the 200s.

The second moves all the organizational stuff into the empty block of
the 1000 series wich can be called "Organizations, Institutions, and
Committees".  Even though they are, for the most part, together now,
they are butted up against the crime.  

This also internally organizes them better.  Since some of the rules are
new, I'm not sure there is an accociation of them with the mid 700s
anyway; I still associate the 700s with the crime stuff.

]}}

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

I.  [Move winning conditions to end of cycle area - 600s]

Renumber R 219, "Winning by Paradox", to 601.
Renumber R 220, "Winning by POints", to 603.
Renumber R 221, "Winning is Inherently Amusing (or Winning by Palindrome), to
605.
Renumber R 222, "Winning by Finding the Crystal Chalice", to 607.
Renumber R 222.1, "Vault Divination", to 607.1.
Renumber R 235, "Chartreuse Goose", to 620.

II.  [Move org, etc stuff to their own block in the empty 1000s]

Renumber R 720, "Institutions", to 1001.
Renumber R 721, "Organizations", to 1003.
Renumber R 722, "Organizational Action", to 1005.
Renumber R 723, "Organizational Powers", to 1007.
Renumber R 725, "Big Tents and Rewarding Party Unity", to 1009.
Renumber R 730, "Trade Licenses", to 1011.
Renumber R 733, "Secret Laboratories", to 1013.
Renumber R 726, "Party Hall", to 1040.
Renumber R 727, "Party Hall Party", to 1042.
Renumber R 728, "Swingpoints", to 1044.
Renumber R 729, "Another Truly Deplorable Pun", to 1046.
Renumber R 724, "Organized Crime", to 1060.
Renumber R 1803, "ad hoc committees" to 1080, and change its title to "Ad Hoc 
Committees".

III. [misc stuff]  

Renumber R 261, "Dealing with the Paranormal", to 1118.

[the following may be invalid rule changes.  Internomic entity trading,
regardless of how we do it, should be with entities and trading.]

Renumber R 1871.1, "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 1" to 530, and amend
it to remove the first occurrance of the word "functional".  {{[making the
CO a functional officer does not fit the taxonimy of the offices.]}}

Renumber R 1871.2, "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 2: Properties" to 531.
Renumber R 1871.3, "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 3: Just in Case" to 532.

Renumber R 1872, "This Rule Is Not the Least Bit Self-Referential" to 1133.

IV.  [Bad pointer fixup]

Amend Rule 1011, "Trade Licenses", to replace "722" with "1005".
Amend Rule 1115, "Fulfilling Campaign Promises", to replace "in accordance 
with R727" with "when directed by the rules".

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:34:31 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1889

Proposal 1889
Cantor
Mohammed

A rule is created in the Party Chess Rule Suite,  titled "Party Chess 
Piece Cantor", and reading:

- ---
A Cantor is a piece with a material worth of 5, represented by the
character % . 

A Cantor may move one or two squares in any diagonal direction.  It may
move over pieces in its path.  A piece that has a distance of 1 from a
Cantor may move or capture by moving up to 4 squares in any diagonal
direction, moving over pieces in its path. 
- ---

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #25
*************************************