Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #22
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Friday, March 28 1997     Volume 02 : Number 022

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:04:40 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1870

Proposal 1870
Greasing the Wheels of Justice
Malenkai

{{[these rule changes have 2 effects.  1 - to have a mechanism where
a player can announce their intent to continuously decline CFJ
assignemnt, thus saving time when they are selected, and 2 - to put
players who deadbeat on CFJs in that mode as well.  In either case,
a player can easily remove themselves from this mode.]}}

======================================================================

I.  Amend R 212, "Selecting A Judge", as follows:

a) replace "any other applicable rules" with "any applicable rules"
where it appears in the first sentence.

b) add the following text at the end of the rule:

"
A player whose name appears on the CFJ Ineligibility List (List) is
ineligible to be selected as a Judge.  As a public action, a player may
remove their name from the List if it is on the List, or add their name
to the List if it is not there already.

Whenever a player is considered a deadbeat as per this rule or rule 213,
their name is added to the CFJ Ineligibility List if it is not already
there.

{{The CFJ Ineligibility List is destroyed, if it exists, then the
CFJ Ineligibility List is created containing no names.  This section
has precedence over every rule except rule 1121, "This Is Where The
Party Ends", to which it defers :) }}
"

======================================================================

II.  Amend R 413, "Clerk of the Court", to add the following section
to the end of the rule:

"
(f) maintaining and making public upon request the CFJ Ineligibility 
List.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:04:41 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1871

Proposal 1871
The moment most of us have been waiting for.
snowgod

Create a new Rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 1" with the
following text:

{{[The following two rules create a system wherin objects can be traded
between nomics.  The third provides a means of removing this rule from our
ruleset in case something goes wrong]}}

1) There exists the functional office of Customs Officer. The duties and
privlidges of the Customs officer are set forth by this rule and by the
rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 2: Properties".

2) a) Nomics who have assigned to one of their players the duties and
responsibilities similar to those assigned in Ackanomic to the Customs
Officer and whose rulesets include a rule or rules substantially similar to
Ackanomic's  Entity Transfer Protocol will be designated Trade Partners of
Ackanomic (in the opinion of the Customs Officers involved). The Customs
Officer of Ackanomic shall have final authority to designate Trade Partners
of Ackanomic, though it is considered bad form for the Customs Officer to
use this power to attempt a scam.  Hereafter the unmodified term "Customs
Officer" shall be assumed to include both the Customs Officer of Ackanomic
and any player in a Trade Partner nomic having duties similar to those of
the Customs Officer of Ackanomic.

b) In order to be considered substantially similar to Ackanomic's Entity
Transfer Protocol, a rule or rules must specify definitions for all of the
properties listed in section 5 below, must specify these definitions in
such a way that they will not conflict with the definitions specified by
the rules of Ackanomic, and must institute the inspection procedure
describe in section 4 below.

3) Only game entities assigned values for the properties listed in section
5 below by the rulesets of their Nomics of Origin may be transferred into
Ackanomic or into Trade Partner nomics. Game entities may not be
transferred into nomics not recognized as Trade Partners of Ackanomic, and
entities originating from nomics not recognized as Trade Partners to
Ackanomic may not be transferred into Ackanomic.

4) a) Whenever an entity is transferred into or out of a nomic, an Entity
Profile must be communicated to the Customs Officer of both any nomic out
of which the entity is being transferred and any nomic into which the
entity is being transferred.

b)The transfer shall not take place until all Customs Officers who received
the Entity Profile have approved the transfer and have notified their
nomics of the transfer by communicating to their nomics the Entity Profiles
of the transferred entities, and until 72 hours have passed from the time
of such notification without players objecting to the transfer.

c) The Customs Officer must inspect all transfers into and out of his or
her nomic and prevent any transfer that will result in an ambiguity in the
rules of any nomic.

5) An entity's Entity Profile must specify its values for the following
properties:

Properties:
Entity Behavior Rule
Nomic of Origin

***

Create a new rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 2: Properties"
with the following text:

In order to be transferred between nomics, an entity must have rule-defined
values for the following properties in accordance with the specifications
and restrictions set out in the following definitions:

Entity Behavior Rule, or EBR - An entity's EBR becomes a temporary part of
a nomic's ruleset when that nomic contains the entity, and is removed from
a nomic's ruleset as soon as the entity is no longer present within the
nomic. When an EBR becomes part of a nomic's ruleset, it is added as a
temporary subsection of a rule specified in that nomic's ruleset as the EBR
Host Rule. If a nomic's ruleset does not specify an EBR Host Rule, then
that nomic's definition of the EBR property (if there is such a definition)
shall be considered to be in conflict with Ackanomic's definition of the
EBR property. An entity's EBR may specify properties and states for that
entity not defined in this or other rules. The EBR Host Rule for Ackanomic
shall be this rule.

Nomic of Origin - The nomic whose rules created the entity and define its
properties.

**

Create a new rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 3: Just in Case"
with the following text:

One month after the acceptance of this rule as hearing shall be called to
determine if ETP should remain in Ackanomic's ruleset, or if the project
was a dismal failure.  Valid responses to the hearing are "Yes!  We want
our ETP" and "No!  ETP is bad for me!"

If the results of the hearing is "Yes!  We want our ETP" than this rule
shall repeal itself.  If the result of the hearing is "No!  ETP is bad for
me!" than this rule, and all other rules created by the proposal which
created this rule will be repealed.

{{[This is a test of an Cross-Nomic trading system that Ackanomic has
worked on in conjunction with Dr. West of the Pumpkin Patch.  PP has
recently passed a version of this rule into their ruleset, and it is my
sincerest hope that we may soon do the same.  Remember: This is only an
experiment.  If this doens't work out we can always repeal it! ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:04:42 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1872

Proposal 1872
This Proposal Is Not the Least Bit Self-Referential
snowgod

Create a new rule entitled "This Rule Is Not the Least Bit
Self-Referential" with thte following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

to infinity and beyond

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:06:56 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1870

Proposal 1870
Greasing the Wheels of Justice
Malenkai

{{[these rule changes have 2 effects.  1 - to have a mechanism where
a player can announce their intent to continuously decline CFJ
assignemnt, thus saving time when they are selected, and 2 - to put
players who deadbeat on CFJs in that mode as well.  In either case,
a player can easily remove themselves from this mode.]}}

======================================================================

I.  Amend R 212, "Selecting A Judge", as follows:

a) replace "any other applicable rules" with "any applicable rules"
where it appears in the first sentence.

b) add the following text at the end of the rule:

"
A player whose name appears on the CFJ Ineligibility List (List) is
ineligible to be selected as a Judge.  As a public action, a player may
remove their name from the List if it is on the List, or add their name
to the List if it is not there already.

Whenever a player is considered a deadbeat as per this rule or rule 213,
their name is added to the CFJ Ineligibility List if it is not already
there.

{{The CFJ Ineligibility List is destroyed, if it exists, then the
CFJ Ineligibility List is created containing no names.  This section
has precedence over every rule except rule 1121, "This Is Where The
Party Ends", to which it defers :) }}
"

======================================================================

II.  Amend R 413, "Clerk of the Court", to add the following section
to the end of the rule:

"
(f) maintaining and making public upon request the CFJ Ineligibility 
List.
"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:06:57 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1871

Proposal 1871
The moment most of us have been waiting for.
snowgod

Create a new Rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 1" with the
following text:

{{[The following two rules create a system wherin objects can be traded
between nomics.  The third provides a means of removing this rule from our
ruleset in case something goes wrong]}}

1) There exists the functional office of Customs Officer. The duties and
privlidges of the Customs officer are set forth by this rule and by the
rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 2: Properties".

2) a) Nomics who have assigned to one of their players the duties and
responsibilities similar to those assigned in Ackanomic to the Customs
Officer and whose rulesets include a rule or rules substantially similar to
Ackanomic's  Entity Transfer Protocol will be designated Trade Partners of
Ackanomic (in the opinion of the Customs Officers involved). The Customs
Officer of Ackanomic shall have final authority to designate Trade Partners
of Ackanomic, though it is considered bad form for the Customs Officer to
use this power to attempt a scam.  Hereafter the unmodified term "Customs
Officer" shall be assumed to include both the Customs Officer of Ackanomic
and any player in a Trade Partner nomic having duties similar to those of
the Customs Officer of Ackanomic.

b) In order to be considered substantially similar to Ackanomic's Entity
Transfer Protocol, a rule or rules must specify definitions for all of the
properties listed in section 5 below, must specify these definitions in
such a way that they will not conflict with the definitions specified by
the rules of Ackanomic, and must institute the inspection procedure
describe in section 4 below.

3) Only game entities assigned values for the properties listed in section
5 below by the rulesets of their Nomics of Origin may be transferred into
Ackanomic or into Trade Partner nomics. Game entities may not be
transferred into nomics not recognized as Trade Partners of Ackanomic, and
entities originating from nomics not recognized as Trade Partners to
Ackanomic may not be transferred into Ackanomic.

4) a) Whenever an entity is transferred into or out of a nomic, an Entity
Profile must be communicated to the Customs Officer of both any nomic out
of which the entity is being transferred and any nomic into which the
entity is being transferred.

b)The transfer shall not take place until all Customs Officers who received
the Entity Profile have approved the transfer and have notified their
nomics of the transfer by communicating to their nomics the Entity Profiles
of the transferred entities, and until 72 hours have passed from the time
of such notification without players objecting to the transfer.

c) The Customs Officer must inspect all transfers into and out of his or
her nomic and prevent any transfer that will result in an ambiguity in the
rules of any nomic.

5) An entity's Entity Profile must specify its values for the following
properties:

Properties:
Entity Behavior Rule
Nomic of Origin

***

Create a new rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 2: Properties"
with the following text:

In order to be transferred between nomics, an entity must have rule-defined
values for the following properties in accordance with the specifications
and restrictions set out in the following definitions:

Entity Behavior Rule, or EBR - An entity's EBR becomes a temporary part of
a nomic's ruleset when that nomic contains the entity, and is removed from
a nomic's ruleset as soon as the entity is no longer present within the
nomic. When an EBR becomes part of a nomic's ruleset, it is added as a
temporary subsection of a rule specified in that nomic's ruleset as the EBR
Host Rule. If a nomic's ruleset does not specify an EBR Host Rule, then
that nomic's definition of the EBR property (if there is such a definition)
shall be considered to be in conflict with Ackanomic's definition of the
EBR property. An entity's EBR may specify properties and states for that
entity not defined in this or other rules. The EBR Host Rule for Ackanomic
shall be this rule.

Nomic of Origin - The nomic whose rules created the entity and define its
properties.

**

Create a new rule entitled "Entity Transfer Protocol, Part 3: Just in Case"
with the following text:

One month after the acceptance of this rule as hearing shall be called to
determine if ETP should remain in Ackanomic's ruleset, or if the project
was a dismal failure.  Valid responses to the hearing are "Yes!  We want
our ETP" and "No!  ETP is bad for me!"

If the results of the hearing is "Yes!  We want our ETP" than this rule
shall repeal itself.  If the result of the hearing is "No!  ETP is bad for
me!" than this rule, and all other rules created by the proposal which
created this rule will be repealed.

{{[This is a test of an Cross-Nomic trading system that Ackanomic has
worked on in conjunction with Dr. West of the Pumpkin Patch.  PP has
recently passed a version of this rule into their ruleset, and it is my
sincerest hope that we may soon do the same.  Remember: This is only an
experiment.  If this doens't work out we can always repeal it! ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 12:07:00 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1872

Proposal 1872
This Proposal Is Not the Least Bit Self-Referential
snowgod

Create a new rule entitled "This Rule Is Not the Least Bit
Self-Referential" with thte following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

Each Monday at 23:42  if this rule has an even number, or each monday at
11:42 if it has an odd number, Ackanomic Time this rule will ammend itself
by attaching the complete text of the last message posted to
[email-masked] to itself.

Each Friday, the thirteenth of any month, this rule will create two new
rule numbers wx00 and yz00 where w,x,y, and z are the digits contained in
this rules number. with the following text:

to infinity and beyond

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 19:59:31 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1873

Proposal 1873
Another amendment
Calvin N Hobbes

This is a Modest proposal

Amend R1117 by replacing the first paragraph with:

"A player's stars are aligned when, and only when, her score, her number of
A$, and the number of accepted proposals she has authored are all prime. A
player experiences a minor epiphany as she leaves the Ackanomic Afterlife if
and only if her stars were aligned at some point while she was in the
Ackanomic Afterlife. A player endures a jolt of personal empowerment only by
correctly reporting to a public forum that within the past 24 hours she has
had a minor epiphany."

{{[ I'm not sure what the rule means right now because of the last sentence
of that paragraph, and because it seemed that there could be some endless
chronological problems with the "as she is placed". This amendment would
make it all rather clear ]}}

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:24:00 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1848 rejected (modesty part deux)

Proposal 1848
modesty part deux
Narf

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 19 = 63.157895%
Yes:  2    No:  10     Present:  1   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	Narf
	Calvin N Hobbes

NO votes:
	mr cwm
	IdiotBoy
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	fnord
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Bascule
	Ackers
	snowgod
	Red Barn
	Strider
	Lestrade
	Techno

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:24:00 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1847 accepted (House Naming Fix)

Proposal 1847
House Naming Fix
breadbox

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 19 = 63.157895%
Yes:  9    No:  3     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	IdiotBoy
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	fnord
	Calvin N Hobbes
	breadbox
	Vynd
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	Red Barn
	Narf
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Bascule
	Ackers
	snowgod
	ThinMan
	Strider
	Lestrade
	Techno

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1847
House Naming Fix
breadbox
Wed Mar 19 18:31:24 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

In Rule 252 "Joining the Game", replace the sentence:

"A player may change the name of this building by publically
announcing the new name and unambiguously identifying the building
they wish to rename."

with:

"The player may change the name of their building by publically
announcing the new name and unambiguously identifying the building
they wish to rename."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:24:01 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1851 rejected (Spelling Exchequer)

Proposal 1851
Spelling Exchequer
breadbox

Votes cast by active players:  11 / 19 = 57.894737%
Yes:  5    No:  5     Present:  2   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	IdiotBoy
	/dev/joe
	Calvin N Hobbes
	breadbox
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	mr cwm
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Narf
	fnord
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	Vynd

Active players who did not vote:
	Bascule
	Ackers
	snowgod
	Red Barn
	ThinMan
	Strider
	Lestrade
	Techno

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:24:01 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1849 accepted (Let's Clear This Up)

Proposal 1849
Let's Clear This Up
ThinMan

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 19 = 63.157895%
Yes:  11    No:  1     Present:  1   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	IdiotBoy
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Calvin N Hobbes
	fnord
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	mr cwm

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin

Active players who did not vote:
	Bascule
	Ackers
	snowgod
	Red Barn
	Strider
	Lestrade
	Techno

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1849
Let's Clear This Up
ThinMan
Wed Mar 19 18:31:28 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[ Summary:
All scoring specific to Modest proposals is removed from R207 and
handled by R209.  The "As a direct result of authoring" language of
R209 is replaced by a specific reference to R207.  The "newbie" proposal
bonus is tweaked ever-so-slightly.
]}}

Amend Rule 207 (Scoring When A Proposal's Voting Results are Reported)
in the following ways:
1. Delete the second sentence of section III.
2. Insert "non-Modest" before the first occurence of "proposal" in
   section VI.
3. Change the text of section VII to read: "For the first three weeks
   of being a new player (as opposed to a returning player) in
   Ackanomic, a player shall receive a three-point bonus whenever one
   of their non-Modest proposals is accepted or any one of their
   proposals is rejected."
4. Replace the initial "If" of section VIII with "The above provisions
   notwithstanding, if".

Amend Rule 209 (Modesty and Pride) by changing the second paragraph to:
"Whenever a Modest proposal is adopted, its author shall receive half
the number of points that rule 207 would have directed that they receive
if the proposal had not been Modest (rounded down)."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:24:01 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1850 accepted (Preventing Stiffing Scams)

Proposal 1850
Preventing Stiffing Scams
/dev/joe

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 19 = 63.157895%
Yes:  11    No:  1     Present:  2   ...Proposal accepted.

+2 A$ /dev/joe: epotato P1850

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	IdiotBoy
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	fnord
	Calvin N Hobbes
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai
	Vulcan Unity vote

NO votes:
	Narf

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	breadbox

Active players who did not vote:
	Bascule
	Ackers
	snowgod
	Red Barn
	Strider
	Lestrade
	Techno

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1850
Preventing Stiffing Scams
/dev/joe
Wed Mar 19 21:37:45 1997

This is a Modest proposal.

Amend Rule 1771, "Controlling Interest" as follows:

1. Change "2 days" to "3 days".

2. After the sentence which begins "If player B does not vote in the way
   specified", add "If a controlling interest in player B is exercised
   more than once on the same proposal, he shall only be guilty of
   Stiffing his Shareholders if he violates the last such exercise
   of controlling interest."

3. In the sentence "A player may not exercise his controlling interest
   in any single other player more often than once per week."
   change "week" to "calendar week, from Sunday through Saturday."

Then renumber rule 1771 to 509.

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #22
*************************************