Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #18
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Sunday, March 23 1997     Volume 02 : Number 018

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:28:47 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1855

Proposal 1855
If the Justices Don't Remember to Penalize the Original Judge, Then They Didn't Want to Give a Stiff Penalty Anyway
/dev/joe

This is a Modest Proposal.

Amend Rule 217, "Overturning Judgements", by adding to the end of the fifth
paragraph the text: "If the Justices fail to specify the amount of this fine
with their verdict, it shall be 1 point."

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:28:48 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1856

Proposal 1856
Subclass
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.

{{[these rule changes do not eliminate gift entities, rather they make
them a subclass of tradeable entities  (in fact, many references to
gift entities will remain in the rules).  In addition to eliminating the
construct "tradeable or gift" when referring to entities all the time
in the rules, these rule changes have another non trivial effect.  
Unless you see a flaw in this proposal, I urge you to vote yes.]}}

=========================================================================

I.  Amend R 313, "Proposal Bribery", to replace 
"tradeable or gift entities" with "tradeable entities" (section IV B).

II.  Amend R 500.2, "Entity Ownership", to replace:

"
      Each entity is either unownable, nontradeable, tradeable, or gift.
An entity is nontradeable unless the Rules specify otherwise. 

      If an entity is nontradeable, tradeable, or gift, then it is ownable.
At any given time, each ownable entity is either owned by one named entity
or Somewhere Else (unowned).
"

with:

"
      Each entity is either unownable, nontradeable, tradeable, or gift,
except that a gift entity is also tradeable.  An entity is nontradeable
unless the Rules specify otherwise. 

      If an entity is nontradeable or tradeable, then it is ownable.
At any given time, each ownable entity is either owned by one named entity
or Somewhere Else (unowned).
"

III.  Amend R 505, "Treasury and AckaDollars", to replace 
"Tradeable or gift" with "tradeable" (section VI).

IV.  Amend R 515, "Trading and Gifts", to replace "neither tradeable nor
gift" with "not tradeable".

V.  Amend R 516, "Auction", to remove "or gift ", in subsection a) under 
the section headed with "The call for Auction must include:"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:28:49 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1857

Proposal 1857
This title is a clue
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.  {{[this will save some of the gizz when
the Supreme Court forgets to penalize the judge on appeals.  I really
don't think we've been doing this legally -- i.e., and appeal may not
count if it is not accompanied with a penalty, but its the way we've
been doing it.]}}

=========================================================================

Amend R 217, "Overturning Judgements", to replace the final period of
the fifth paragraph with:

"
. In the absence of an explicit decision, the default penalty is
1 point.
"

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:28:50 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1858

Proposal 1858
Instance Limit
Malenkai

This is a Modest proposal.  {{[I meant to do this after the instance
limit amendment passed awhile back.]}}

Amend R 1230.19, "Creation of a PartyChessPiece Tornado", to renumber 
the current section 3. to 4., and then to add the following new section
directly after section 2.: 

"
3. There is an instance limit of one Tornado per Swinger.
"

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #18
*************************************