Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #16
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Friday, March 21 1997     Volume 02 : Number 016

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 10:51:34 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1851

Proposal 1851
Spelling Exchequer
breadbox

________

[This proposal has two effects. Effect the First:]
________

    Create Rule 428, titled "Spelling Exchequer", to read as follows:

The optional Office of Spelling Exchequer exists.

I.

A Duty of the Office of Spelling Exchequer is to proofread submitted
documents. The term "documents", for the purposes of this rule, refers
to messages that effect Ackanomic business, but have not yet been
sent. Such messages include submissions to other Offices [mainly
proposals, but also CFJs and the like], and public messages that are
required by the rules [Phoebe's wisdom, scholarly ridicule, et
cetera]. Other texts may also be considered documents for the purposes
of this rule.

II.

At any time, players have the option of privately sending the Spelling
Exchequer documents to be proofread for errors in spelling,
punctuation and grammar.

Unless the author has specifically requested otherwise, the Spelling
Exchequer shall only make corrections or suggestions that are
concerned with errors of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. [Comments
regarding issues of style, for example, are inappropriate.] The
Spelling Exchequer shall, in good faith, attempt to revise each
document so that it is free of errors and has the intended meaning of
the author. (It is recognized, however, that this is not always
possible to achieve.)

The default time by which the Spelling Exchequer must reply to the
author of a document is three days after the document is received.
When submitting a document, the author is permitted to extend this
time period, or to indicate that there is no requirement for the time
of the reply. Any such indication shall apply only to the document it
accompanies.

The Spelling Exchequer's reply should contain a corrected version of
the original document, a list of errors with explanations, or some
other indication of the changes deemed to be necesary. The actual form
should be one that the Spelling Exchequer judges to be the most useful
to the author.

If for some reason a document cannot be proofread within the required
time, the Spelling Exchequer's reply should instead be an indication
of this fact (preferably with an explanation of why).

While the Spelling Exchequer is free to proofread documents of any
nature, it is understood that documents pertaining to Ackanomic
business are the primary concern of this Office. In particular,
documents containing potential proposals shall have the highest
priority.

III.

Players are in no way required to follow the suggestions of the
Spelling Exchequer. As always, the author of a public message or other
text retains full control over, and full responsibility for, its
content. Similarly, the Spelling Exchequer is not responsible for
errors that appear in the texts of other players.

IV.

A Privelege of the Office of Spelling Exchequer is to initiate flights
of the Spelling Bee.

________

[Effect the Second:]
________

    Modify Rule 419.2 ("Ackanomic/Internomic Interface") by adding the
    following text immediately after the first sentence of the third
    paragraph:

Though not required, players are strongly recommended to have the
Spelling Exchequer proofread such Proposals before they are submitted
to the Liaison.

________

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:40:01 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1852

Proposal 1852
Growing Organizations
Mohammed

This is a modest proposal.

Rule 721 (Organizations) is amended by inserting the following text
at the end of section 1, as a new paragraph:

Any player may request membership in an Organization.  The
Organization may then grant the request as an action.  If the
Organization's Founder is a member of it, he or she may grant the
request without waiting for the approval of the rest of the
Organization.  When a request for membership is granted, the player
becomes a member of the Organization.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:43:52 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1795 rejected (Tell Me Why!)

Proposal 1795
Tell Me Why!
snowgod

Votes cast by active players:  14 / 17 = 82.352941%
Yes:  7    No:  7     Present:  1   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	Robert Sevin
	Strider
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Lestrade
	Vynd
	Malenkai

NO votes:
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Narf
	fnord
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Mohammed

PRESENT votes:
	Red Barn

Active players who did not vote:
	Jammer
	snowgod
	Techno

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #16
*************************************