Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #12
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest     Monday, March 17 1997     Volume 02 : Number 012

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:28:44 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1800

Proposal 1800
Enlightment
Niccolo Flychuck

Repeal R1305
Repeal R1307
Repeal R1315

{{[These three rules are the Middle Ages rule and the two rules that allow
players to avoid being burned. Ackanomic is into its second year now. It's
time to come out of the Middle Ages and walk into the Age of Enlightment.
A time to found ideologies. I am probably the only player who managed to
post controversial views on the shape of the earth, and never even had a
witch hunt called against me.]}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:28:44 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1801

Proposal 1801
Dealing With The Paranormal
Calvin N Hobbes

{{ [this proposal will develop the use of the W-File Pair while giving no
extra required work of the officers, save for one random determination from
time to time and perhaps keeping track of a few things (optional). It is
also an attempt to give serious credibility to this part of the rules, make
it more coherent while keeping and adding some fun. It also makes use of the
Evil Twin rule. It has five parts. There are a number of easter egg type of
references, most for the x-philes among us, but one reference especially for
the musically inclined]

[The following cleans up R1117 to create a clean new rule about the W-File Pair]

1. Amend proposal R1117 by replacing its last two paragraphs by the following:

"So long as a player has the ability to use telepathy and/or telekinesis,
she may make as many uses of it as she likes. However, if a player uses
either telepathy or telekinesis within 17 days (408 hours) of the last time
she used one of them, then that use is considered a Paranormal Power by a
player. Otherwise, it's just considered to be another wind sheared weather
balloon and it is good form for senators to publicly deny everything about
the incident."

[The following creates a new rule that defines the W-File Pair. It also
grants them two powers when paranormal things happen, one over players, one
over nonplayers. Both of these designate someone to be "krykec", who then
writes a report to be rebuffed. This naming has effect only for this rule]

2. Create a new proposal, renumbered to R251 to read:

"The W-File Pair is a team of two agents, Mold and Scold. They investigate
paranormal activities and the use of unnatural abilities.

If a player has made use of a Paranormal Power then that player (also called
Krykec for the purposes of this rule) is taken in for questioning. Krykec
will be injected with an alien sedative which destroys one of her doses of
psi-enhancer if she has at least one, and which otherwise removes whichever
Paranoral Power that player has most recently used. They will then question
Krykec about 'alien colonization' for 48 hours, during which time Krykec may
neither take any action that would be prohibited if she were in Gaol, nor
make any use of Paranormal Powers. Krykec is not actually in Gaol during
that time, however, and she is released after the 48 hours are over.

If a non-player entity makes use of a Paranormal Power, then the W-File Pair
will investigate the incident. The first player to volunteer within 24 hours
will be assigned to help them, otherwise one player will be randomly
assigned by the officer in charge of random things, to be called Krykec for
the purposes of this rule.

Within seven days of being called Krykec for the purposes of this rule, the
player must write a report to be called 'W-File Case #number' (where number
is the report number). It is good form for all players to sneer publicly at
the contents of the report. At least one Scientist must write a refuting
report that should contain the phrases 'violates the laws of physics' and 'a
claw is a claw and nobody has seen a talking claw'.

If Krykec has an evil twin, then the twin will be considered to have
volunteered first for the next time this rule needs a volunteer. If Krykec
has more than one evil twin, she may choose one among them.

The W-File pair is a named, unownable entity."

[The following makes the truly harfy and weird Alien attack paranormal]

3. Amend R1743 to read, at the end:

"The selection of an existing Rule to be abducted by Sinister Aliens is
considered a Paranormal Power use by a non player entity.

[The following ensures that special powers granted to organizations can also
be paranormal. Perhaps time for the Alchemist/Illuminati/Cuthulu
Organizations to start collecting them]

4. Amend R1764 to read, at the end:

Any Powers that contain the word 'alien', 'ufo', 'gray', 'green', 'occult',
'subterfuge', 'abduction', 'unnatural' or plural thereof, shall also be
considered Paranormal Powers. Use by an organization of such a power counts
as a non-player entity use of such."

[The following makes using bonus votes a paranormal activity, which,
arguably, it is]

5. Amend R317, replacing part 1 by:

"        1. Bonus Votes are tradeable entities. Use of a bonus vote by a
        player constitutes the use of a Paranormal Power by a player entity."
}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:28:49 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1802

Proposal 1802
time standardization
Narf

This is a modest proposal

{{

[In light of the recent fervor to standardize times, I thought this one
should also get standardized]

Ammend rule #911 as follows:

Replace "Whenever the Great Trombone is Somewhere Else, the first player to
make a valid public claim will take possession of it. A claim is only valid
if the player concerned has had a publically knowable score of exactly 76
points at any time within the past 2 days. "

with
"Whenever the Great Trombone is Somewhere Else, the first player to make a
valid public claim will take possession of it. A claim is only valid if the
player concerned has had a publically knowable score of exactly 76 points at
any time within the past 3 days. "

******************************************************************************
****************

Transfer the Great Trombone to Narf [after /Dev/Joe lost it, I did in fact
have a publicly knowable score of exactly 76, but I didn't realize it until 3
days after.  In keeping with the push of making the game playable by those
who only check in every 3 days, I think this fix should be made and I should
get the Great Trombone]

}}

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:47:30 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1785 rejected (Cantrip 2)

Proposal 1785
Cantrip 2
Mohammed

Votes cast by active players:  12 / 17 = 70.588235%
Yes:  7    No:  5     Present:  2   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Strider
	snowgod
	Mohammed
	Vynd

NO votes:
	IdiotBoy
	Narf
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	fnord

Active players who did not vote:
	Jammer
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Red Barn
	Lestrade
	Techno

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:47:30 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1784 rejected (Stock Options)

Proposal 1784
Stock Options
Narf

Votes cast by active players:  13 / 17 = 76.470588%
Yes:  5    No:  8     Present:  3   ...Proposal rejected.

YES votes:
	IdiotBoy
	You can call me Al
	Narf
	Strider
	snowgod

NO votes:
	mr cwm
	/dev/joe
	Niccolo Flychuck
	breadbox
	ThinMan
	Mohammed
	Vynd
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	fnord
	Lestrade

Active players who did not vote:
	Jammer
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Red Barn
	Techno

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:47:29 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  P1783 accepted (Organization Reorganization Emergency Reaction)

Proposal 1783
Organization Reorganization Emergency Reaction
Narf

Votes cast by active players:  14 / 17 = 82.352941%
Yes:  10    No:  2     Present:  4   ...Proposal accepted.

YES votes:
	IdiotBoy
	Jammer
	Niccolo Flychuck
	Narf
	Strider
	snowgod
	/dev/joe
	Lestrade
	Mohammed
	Vynd

NO votes:
	mr cwm
	Malenkai

PRESENT votes:
	Robert Sevin
	fnord
	breadbox
	ThinMan

Active players who did not vote:
	Calvin N Hobbes
	Red Barn
	Techno

Text of accepted proposal:

Proposal 1783
Organization Reorganization Emergency Reaction
Narf
Sat Mar  8 00:47:29 1997

{{

[Well... I was trying to fix my typo through a CSRR but given the provisions
under the new Organization Reorganization, certain other changes became
neccesary, so I might as well fix everything at once]

Ammend rule 724 as follows:

Replace "1. There exists a type of organization known as Organized Crime,
which is not nearly as organized as its organizers might wish. There also
exists an organization known as Organzied Crime, which is the only legal
Organized Crime organization."

with "1. There exists a type of organization known as Organized Crime, which
is not nearly as organized as its organizers might wish. There also exists an
organization known as The Narfalone family, which is the only legal Organized
Crime organization."

Replace ever additional instance of "organized crime" with "the Narfalone
Family".

Add the following text, delineated by <>

<> 
10. The Godfather is the only player permitted to speak or act on behalf of
the Narfalone Family.  Players that object to his decisions are welcome to
stop by the Narfalone Cement Factory and try on a pair of shoes.  This rule
takes precedent over any other rules determining how organizations take
actions.
<>
}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #12
*************************************