Subject: Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #11
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Voting Digest)
To: acka-voting-digest

Ackanomic Voting Digest    Saturday, March 15 1997    Volume 02 : Number 011

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:01:53 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1799

Proposal 1799
bonds bonds bonds
Narf

{{
ammend rule #427 by adding the following text delineated by * to the end of
it.

*
(c) to maintain, with the help of the scorekeeper, an absolute score for each
player, and
(d) to maintain and publish once every other week a list of absolute values
for all pfBonds in existence
*

  At the conclusion of the current cycle, set every player's absolute score
to 0 and ammend rule #508 in its entirety such that the following text,
delineated by @@ replaces the current rule #508

@@
1. Each player has an absolute score (refered to hereafter as |score|).   A
players |score| increases or decreases at the same time and by the same
amount as eir score does, with the exception that it does not reset to zero
at the end of a cycle.  If a player wins a cycle, e gets a 25 point bonus
added to eir |score|.

2.  Whenever a players |score| reaches or exceeds 300, eir |score| is
imediately halved (rounding up) and the number of pfBond's in eir name
doubles.  In other words, if I hold 10 pfBonds in player x's name, and player
x's score hits 300, my 10 pfBond x's become 20 pfBond x's.

3. Every 2 weeks the bond-harfer shall compute the absolute value of a
players pfBonds (referred to hereafter as |$pf|) according to the following
formula :

             |score| * % of pfBonds held by other players   
|$pf| =     ----------------------------------------------------
                                              10
[Note, this gives players an incentive to sell or trade eir own pfBonds away.
 If they hold all of them themselves, they are worth 0.  Combine this with
the controlling interest rule, and we'll have to walk a delicate balancing
act]

4. At the same time that the Bond-harfer computes |$pf|, e shall also compute
the yield of the pfBond.  The yield of a pfBond shall be computed according
to the following formula:

                 |$pf|
Yield =      -----
                   10

each player shall receive from the treasury an amount of $A equal to the
yield of the pfBond times the number of pfBonds held in that name.  Fractions
shall not be rounded off until the yield has been multiplied by the number of
bonds held.

[note: The highest |$pf| possible would be $A30, 299 |score| x 100% of the
bonds owned divided by 10.  Thus the highest yield per bond would be A$3.
 The big money would come in owning several pfBonds in the name of an active
player, since they would be splitting more often.]

5. Players may always sell pfBonds that they own to the treasury for |$pf|.
 Players may always buy pfBonds currently held by the treasury for |$pf|.
 Bonds held by the treasury do NOT count as bonds held by other players when
calculating |$pf|

6. When a player leaves the game, all pfBond e holds are haunted, and do not
count as bonds held by other players when calculating |$pf|

[note: this means that if a player leaves the game, you can sell their bonds
to the treasury and get a return on you money.  If you choose to hold on to
them, however, their value will go down as other players sell eir bonds to
the treasury]
@@
}}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:01:51 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1796

Proposal 1796
The Cheese Shop
Ackers

There exists a unique, tradeable entity known as Some Cheese.  

Some Cheese may only be traded as follows.  Any player that does not 
possess Some Cheese may publically declare "I want to buy Some 
Cheese!"  The player currently possessing Some Cheese must then trade 
Some Cheese to the player making the declaration for an amount of A$ 
equal to the score of the player that made the declaration or 1 A$, 
whichever is greater.  If there are multiple declarations made, than 
the first declaration shall be the only valid one.  

While in possession of Some Cheese, players are encouraged to 
publically describe what they are doing with Some Cheese.

 {{ When this proposal passes, Some Cheese is created in the 
possession of the player with the lowest score. }}

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:01:53 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1798

Proposal 1798
Giving Harf Where Harf Is Due (Take 2)
Robert Sevin

Modify Rule 1127 (The Sanctity of Harf) by replacing the following text of
the rule (delimited by ~)

~No player may have the character string (delimited by the quotation marks)
"harf", nor any variation wherein the only difference is capitalization,
contained within their Ackanomic name.~

by the following text (delimited by ~)

~A name that contains the character string (delimited by the quotation
marks) "harf", or any variation wherein the only difference is
capitalization, is said to be a Harf Name. 

No player may have a Harf Name as their Ackanomic name, unless an Ad Hoc
Committee on the matter of Harf Names approves of it. This approval must
come in the form of a public message from the Committee (or a valid
representative of the Committee), stating which player (specified by their
real name and email address) is approved to have which name (specifying
which Harf Name the Committee has approved them to have).

Ad Hoc Committees are defined by other rules. An Ad Hoc Committee on the
matter of Harf Names must obey the following rules when deciding whether or
not to give their approval (as described above):

1. Only harfy players should have Harf Names as their Ackanomic Names. A
player's   harfiness will be objectively judged by the Committee, to the
best of their knowledge   and understanding of Harf.
2. The Harf Name consisting only of the string (delimited by quotation
marks) "harf", or any variation wherein the only difference is
capitalization, can only be granted to a person whose real name is Matthew
Harding, and whose biological brother is Mitchell Harding.
3. A player should not choose a Harf Name that goes against the spirit of
Harf. What constitutes the spirit of Harf shall be judged on a case by case
basis, to the best of the Committee's knowledge and understanding of Harf.~

[The discoverer of the term harf wishes to join the game, and wishes to use
it in his Ackanomic name. I consider this to be appropriate, and not at all
a violation of the sanctity of harf. This will allow select players to have
Harf Names.]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 11:01:52 -0600
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka:  Proposal 1797

Proposal 1797
unorganizing the reorganized organizations
Narf

This is a modest proposal.

{{Upon the acceptance of this proposal, restore the games state and the
ruleset to the state they would currently be in had proposal 1764 not been
accepted.}}

{{[ I expect this is not gonna be a popular one, but I have my reasons, which
I'm about to explain...

'A Big Tent is an Organizational Power. They are usually quite large,
covering more than a kaa of land when fully
     erected, and are blazoned with broad, colorful stripes. An Organization
may buy a Big Tent for A$300. 

     An Organization that has a Big Tent is called a Political Party. It is a
Crime to be a member of more than one
     Political Party at once. '

This little tidbit has bothered me ever since it passed.  It sets up a
situation where players can be made to commit a crime passively.  By that I
mean a player can belong to multiple organizations that decide to buy tents
at the same time.  Although most organizations will require unanimous consent
before taking actions, the rules allow for organizations to specify other
means of decision making.

At first, I thought about simply ammending this rule, but I couldn't figure
any clean way to do it.  I think the BEST way to do it is to repeal the whole
proposal and resubmit it.]}}

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Voting Digest V2 #11
*************************************